Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Teacher

325 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 668 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice kids and parents, management could use work.
Parents and kids are awesome, as well as the staff. Pre-school and afternoon teachers were all great people to work with.
Management is nice, but often uncoordinated. Work hours varied wildly. On full days (school holidays or closings) staff is expected to work up to 11 hours without any time for a lunch break, which is required by law. Thankfully only happens about 7 times during the school year.
Pro érvek
Awesome co-workers, parents, and children
Kontra érvek
Lack of communication between staff and management
Great
YMCA is really a great place to work the only thing that I would recommend improving would be their pay they only start most people out at minimum wage to about $8.20 an hour which is definitely not enough to live off of whatsoever.
Supervise Children
The goal of the program is develop the children character and to help them achieve success educationally and personally. The most important component of this job is supervision and helping the kids have fun.
Working there was terrible
The coworkers were catty, the pay was terrible, and management did nothing for the safety of well being of the children. Certain staff used facilities for the benefit of their children (those attending and not attending the program). Some individuals had overtime built into their pay schedule others were chastised (even though their is no way to collect over time without being asked to pick up additional hours By management.
Fun people to work with
The Y is a great place to work for. I wish I would have stayed! I'm hoping to go back as soon as there is an opening. The children definitely made me feel like I was making a difference
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Great Organization
Pay want too great.
Some of the Site Directors were lazy and unorganized.

[So on and so fourth

I do not hanged anything else to say.

Do not understand why I have to in put 150 characters.]
Poor management
She thinks that you can handle more then what you can. If you ask for help she will not help you. All she cares about is the money that the daycare brings in not her staff or the children at the daycare center.
Very supportive
Working with the YMCA was my first job, and they were always very supportive of me, whether it was needing time off due to family emergencies/illness/holiday, or in terms of my training (they always took the time with me to explain anything I was unsure of).
Always An Adventure
Great job with hours, flexibility and locations. Other staff members are great and communication with parents is on point. Easy job to do and getting to plan educational activities to teach is always a new adventure to do.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s a fine place to work
If you advance there your pay doesn’t really go up like it should and some directors are rude but I’m general it’s nice I guess. It’s only part time and you get minimum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pay rate is too low comparing to the limited time per day
My experience is so good, I am working since 3 years as a group leader, I never had a problem yet the pay rate is the same for the three years, it never exceeds the 12/ hour
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace with a great flexible supervisor
Work was fun and easy going. Got to do a lot of fun activities with the children and felt like I made a positive impact on their daily lives. My supervisor was great but his supervisor was not the best.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Supportive and inclusive environment.
Flexible work schedules. The overall atmosphere was pretty good. There was always support from upper management in terms of growth in the company, individual growth, and more. You don't feel like a cog in the machine, they care about you as a person as well as your health and wellness.
Headstart-Y
The Headstart portion of the Y is similar to a contracted agency. My perspective is from a B. City Headstart view not the Y as a whole. I do not believe the Y is built for Headstart. There is a high turnover rate, no raises or incentives for efforts. Evaluations are given but no growth opportunities or bonuses. Applicants should be weary there is no summer pay and they will take legal action aginst unemployment.
Pay, Health Benefits, Access to great teachers, Free Gym Membership
Kontra érvek
No Rollover PTO or Sick time, no lunch breaks, no summer pay option for teachers, no substitutes, no incentives, no growth
Awful leadership
When I worked for them last year and beginning of this year, the management including the CEO were awful. No help and did not care about the employees or children
Munkahelyi kultúra
The people are great and great learning environment
The YMCA is a pleasant place to work. I love learning the children and they let me use my own creativity. I learned how to work with others and understanding how to make with others that are different from myself. The hardest part of the job is learning to work with the material and how to assess the correct management procedures.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A friendly environment with middle management support
The environment gives you full support for teaching purposes. The full-time and part-time staff are friendly and supportive of each other. However, additional duties are piled on as time goes on.
Pro érvek
Full support for work-related resources
Kontra érvek
Too many frivolous non-teaching activities piled on
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a good career choice
My boss changed my hours after 6 months. No benefits. No insurance. Low pay. Too many bosses. Rude employees. I never put in my notice to leave but management hired 2 new employees instead of working with my schedule. They knew I was going to school and couldn't close, but when they told me I had to close, and I couldn't, they cut my hours.
2,0
It sucks
Corporate is trash an treats you like garbage. The pay sucks. Corporate does nothing when you have actual problems with your center or the children in the program.
The kids and parents make it worth it though.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a place I would go back to
They are not polite they never took anything seriously u tell the director something and he never helped out on anything. The director wouldn’t be there for anyone especially when trying to talk about something he would take sides and not listen to any teachers
Munkahelyi kultúra
High employee turn over rate
Pass. Company has high employee turn over. Hard work for minimal pay. No recognition for going beyond work duties. Expect 10 to 15 cent pay raise every couple years.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés