YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Swim Instructor

699 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kimberly, WI2017, augusztus 20.
Really liked working here and it was great. Learned a lot. The culture was great and the hardest part of the job was during the summer when camps would come in.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A lot of good people, room to advance.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor, lifeguard instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Newnan, GA2017, augusztus 16.
Not a bad job at all, good place to start. You can branch out to any department you want to and advance in each field over time. The job is not taxing and you have the ability to pick up more hours.
Good starting job
Kontra érvek
Very hard to gwt full time
Pleasant work environent
Lifeguard / Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Jose, CA2017, augusztus 13.
-relaxed work environment
-show up 15 minutes early to prepare swim lessons for the day or inspect the pool if lifeguard
-quality management
-good organizational culture
-lifeguard position could become boring / monotonous at times
-enjoyed teaching lessons as it provided a sense of self worth teaching children and adults a life long skill
Pro érvek
quality work environment. Free gym membership
Kontra érvek
Pay was low due to it being a non profit organization
Great community work
Lifeguard Instructor/Swim Coach, High Ridge (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chicago, IL2017, augusztus 12.
Great place that gives back to the Chicagoland area youth. High Ridge YMCA will always be a staple in Rodgers Park. This non-profit is a friendly, inviting, and safe place.
Pay
Fun environment
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cranberry, PA2017, augusztus 10.
Occasionally parents will get upset with the lifeguards for not allowing them to leave their kids in the pool area, that can not swim, to play while they work out.
Fun workplace
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Saint Louis, MO2017, augusztus 9.
They are very reasonable with the hours that are given or the hours that you choose to be put on on the schedule. They are really laid back and its a really fun environment to be in.
Pro érvek
Fun environment with great people
nothing
cool
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Culver City, CA2017, augusztus 8.
fun place to work, chill environment. job consists of mostly teaching lessons and lifeguarding. overall a good first place for a job, and in-services every month
productive, friendly environment
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Nashville, TN2017, augusztus 8.
The best job I've had. The managent is encouraging and gives us flexible hours. The Y is a wonderful place to work, especially because of the free gym membership. Very upbeat, satisfying, and multiple opportunities to advance in your career.
Productive and fun workplace
Lifeguard Instructor/Swim Instructor/Fitness Staff (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Rock Hill, SC2017, augusztus 8.
Management is awesome, the members are nice and respectable. The work is very easy-paced. Ive gained a lot more work experience since i have been employed here at the YMCA.
Excellent place to Grow
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Darien, CT2017, augusztus 7.
The best place to grow and learn. Just a few cpr and aed and waterfront instructor classes and your in. The one place where everyone takes care of everyone.
life and sport, advancement
Kontra érvek
too many saunas, no ice water tanks, limited showers
Quick Paced and maintain safety
Swim Instructor, Coached Swim Club and Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Plainfield, IL2017, augusztus 6.
My typical day at work was Lifeguarding and giving Swim lessons to children from 1 year to 16-years-old. I learned how to be patient and keep good customer service. The hardest part of my job was making sure everyone was safe in the water, and the best part of my job was working with the children and teaching them how to swim.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace with large aquatic area
Lifeguard/ Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bath, ME2017, augusztus 5.
As a lifeguard at the Bath Area Family YMCA I keep the aquatic facility as safe as possible. Most days require being on my feet and moving around a lot. Because people are in and out of the pool area throughout the day, it is important to be able to pay attention for long periods of time. There is a lot of interaction between employees and the patrons of the YMCA. I also teach swim lessons to the youth in the community which helps to break up the workday.
Pro érvek
Great retirement plan, free membership and training
Long periods on feet
After school And summer camp
Youth Counselor/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Stamford, CT2017, augusztus 4.
Very fun working with the children. I learn as much from them as they do from me. I like being a role model and volunteering. There is also a gym so after work I get to use the facility
Fun, Energetic workplace
SWIM INSTRUCTOR AND LIFEGUARD (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fishers, IN2017, augusztus 3.
One thing I have always loved to do is help people and understand why people do things they way they do. It all stems from our childhood and how we are raised. I taught swim lessons to newborns in our mommy and me classes to adults who never had the luxury to learn when they were children and everywhere in between. I also took on a deaf class while I was learning ASL in school, and a home schooling class which helped me learn how to work with kids with slight to a little more major disorders and disabilities. The best part of teaching is working with the same kids for a year or two and when you get to see their parents face when they swim across the pool by them selves with no help...that look is priceless,
Picked my own hours/days
Kontra érvek
having to deal with parents who disagree with your teaching methods.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fun place to work at
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Crown Point, IN2017, augusztus 1.
A typical day at the waterpark is very fun. This job is typically for students in high school and for kids just starting out. the job is very fun and management is very fair to the kids working there.
Great environment
Front Desk
Head Swim Instructor and Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Scottsdale, AZ2017, július 31.
Checking people in, helping them sign up for different programs. making coffee. Opening the gym every morning. helping people figure out what programs and memberships fit their needs.
Love your boss or leave
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  East Lansing, MI2017, július 30.
The boss will be the reason you stay or go at this place. (Or the low pay may be a reason to leave) But the boss is the difference between enjoying it there and hating it. If you interview, ask them questions about themselves too perhaps. You will want to know if that is the person for you.
Free Gym Membership
Low pay
Good Starting Job-Lifeguarding
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lansing, MI2017, július 30.
This is a min wage job with little to do but requires a lot of responsibility. On the off chance someone needs saving, the guard needs to be able to notice, act and keep calm without putting to much thought into the next step.
Management will make or break your desire to work there.
Not for the blood-phobic, must be able to swim well with weight.
Life and death type job.
free gym membership
Kontra érvek
hot, boring, requires long attention spans, few breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
all they care about is making money
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ocala, FL2017, július 28.
they would force lifeguards to work in Florida sun for 4 hours straight with no breaks because they didn't want to pay for enough lifeguards. This is extremely unsafe and dangerous. This was a constant. It was a horribly unsafe environment and when you complained the managers just made fun of you. my boss was a tool and the manager was so unprofessional it was astounding.
Indoors they treat you like slaves and demand you beg people for money but never use it to fix anything just line their pockets
I am shocked that no one has died there.
nothing
everything
Great opportunity work place
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lowell, MA2017, július 27.
Learned how to manage time and safety for guest of waterfront and/or pool front.
I love clocking in and enjoy my job very much.
I enjoy working with the diverse public and learning every single shift about the people I work with.

Átfogó minősítés