YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Swim Instructor

701 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a good except for the pool manager who happened to be my boss who was never able to contact me back about hours
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hamilton, OH2017, szeptember 21.
I am planning on putting in my 2 weeks notice soon because I can't stand not being able to get a hold of my manager. I still love working and I spent 190 hours of the summer of 2016 volunteering at the Cincinnati zoo and botanical gardens
It's a job
Poor manager
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place for beginning workers
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Wenatchee, WA2017, szeptember 20.
Can be difficult or stressful. Always lots going on, but it's still a fun place to work. You can gain a lot of life skills when working here, but it can also be kind of tiring.
great pace to work at
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Covington, VA2017, szeptember 19.
this is a great, family orientated work environment. It is a great part time job employer and has a great leadership for the employees. Everyone feels like family.
relaxing
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Ymca work
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Edmonton, AB2017, szeptember 19.
I enjoyed working there, definetely consider it. All my coworkers are amazing and the coordinators also are very nice and i just completely cherished,
Flexible Hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a good college/first job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hays2017, szeptember 18.
Working for the YMCA has been an amazing work experience. It is not by any means a career but it is a good place to get started in the work force. I have worked for the ymca off and on for about 5 years now and am still in the same position i was 5 years ago. It is a great first job, but not by any means a Career.
Pro érvek
Easy job, learn important life skills, great staff/members
Kontra érvek
Little room to move up and low pay
Ymca
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Royal Oak, MI2017, szeptember 17.
While I was at the YMCA my original supervisor left and after that there seemed to be a scramble to find someone to fill her position and everything was going left. I was told I handled all of the chaos well because I was one of only 5 life guards left and I had to work almost 10 hour days to help keep things afloat
Great
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor/Swim Coach (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lancaster, CA2017, szeptember 13.
YMCA is an amazing place to work. Family oriented and family friendly embracing all in an effort to provide healthy living options to the local community.
Fun workplace in water
Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Surrey, BC2017, szeptember 12.
it is fun working with kids in the water, seeing them progress with swimming. The management is helpful and nice. Hardest part of this job is to get shift coverages especially when you are sick. I really enjoy teaching and taking leadership in my classes.
relaxing
Fun workplace
Head Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Clifton Park, NY2017, szeptember 11.
I love the YMCA and the people that I work with, I don't dread going into work everyday because for the most part it is always full of friendly faces.
fun and friendly
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Calgary, AB2017, szeptember 10.
It is a friendly place to work but doesn't pay its lifeguards and instructors enough for the amount of work we do. there are also not enough full time positions with benefits.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is an inclusive and fun environment to volunteer in
Swimming Instructor - Volunteer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Brampton, ON2017, szeptember 10.
Everyday at the Y, is exciting and everyone there is very friendly. They management is also very well. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with little kids and getting to teach them something everytime.
Flexible hours
Not responding
Group Swim Instructor and Camp Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Alexandria, VA2017, szeptember 9.
Once again, that fact that I am forced to write a review that I don't want to give. you should change your process you should change you should change
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Fun workplace, positive attitudes
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  East Greenbush, NY2017, szeptember 7.
Enjoyed meeting new members during my shift. Loved getting to know the kids while teaching swim lessons and meeting their parents. Their was always parents looking for me to do more like, teaching siblings or babysitting at home
good starting job
Lifeguard swim instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Springfield, IL2017, szeptember 7.
this is a very good starting job. this is a good job for a teen. very friendly environment nice working environment. nothing to say but i have to fill out to 150 so ya
Munkahelyi kultúra
productive and fun with a variety of swim camps
Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Torrance, CA2017, szeptember 5.
A typical day at work is teaching swim lessons for 30 minutes. I learned how to calm irate members, and provide a fun and welcoming environment. The most enjoyable part of the job, is seeing the kids learn.
1 week off of work every month
not enough hours
Relaxed workplace
LIFEGUARD/SWIM INSTRUCTOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Spokane, WA2017, szeptember 1.
The YMCA gives a free membership and the atmosphere in the company is great. Everyone becomes friends because you work so closely with all different departments.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun work environment
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor/ Referee/Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jacksonville, FL2017, szeptember 1.
A typical day at work included maintinaing supervision of Parents and children while swimming, Cleaning the pool deck and maintaining a pristine work environment. Instructing individuals from all age ranges how to swim and develop stroke and breathing techniques.
Workplace culture was fun and extremely rewarding. Every staff member is extremely hard working to ensure the safety and care of our members. Long hard hours went into this job, but at the end of the day, it is an extremely satisfying place to work and start a career.
Slow Paced environment that didn't reward Integrity
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2017, augusztus 30.
Nothing was hard about the Job, there was just no help from staff
I learned hard work wasn't paid off.
The culture was laid back and the staff was personable but their work ethic was to do the bare minimum.
My supervisor for Life guarding was very sweet but they never enforced the rules with staff, therefore I was left to pick up the slack with no compensation. The most enjoyable part of the Job was my swim team. I enjoyed every minute of it and I built a strong and healthy team for over a year. The problem with that was I wasn't giving the opportunity to get my Coaching license, Therefore I was underpaid for my Job. Overall I believe integrity needs to be rewarded/recognized and I wasn't giving the chance at my place of employment.
Pro érvek
mostly flexible with shift coverage
Kontra érvek
no benefits, no opportunity to advance
Munkahelyi kultúra
A productive place to learn
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Newburgh New York2017, augusztus 28.
I like working at the YMCA. I like to swim and I like to teach kids how to swim. The most challenging was the infants. But it was fun because he made games out of it for the kids. The kids had a great time and still learned a life lesson in the process.
Pro érvek
Great way to help reach out in the community
Kontra érvek
Too much chlorine dried out the skin too much
Munkahelyi kultúra
It all depends on which Y you work at.
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Illinois2017, augusztus 27.
My experience was of teaching swim lessons and life guarding, it gets pretty repetitive and I would try for some advancement but I would be stopped by my supervisor because we were highly understaffed. This would've been fine if they compensated me fairly for all the added stress and not being assigned my preferred classes. My Coordinator was the real problem as work place politics are a tricky thing at the Y and everyone is always trying to establish their power, even at the expense of others. I honestly cannot wait to get out of this place, however there are better Y's that run way more efficiently and without all the drama.

Átfogó minősítés