YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Swim Instructor

846 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 20 701 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lifeguard and swim instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bloomington, IN2018, március 25.
The Y is family and people oriented. It's a place that encourages well being for all people. This all fosters a very positive environment . Additionally, everyone there is very kind and helpful.
Great place for safety
Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Taylors, SC2018, március 22.
I loved teaching at the Y. They’re all very sweet of you. Their program of teaching is wonderful and easy to show kids how to do. They make sure that you know what you’re doing and you do your job right. They’re very strict on what you teach
Meeting nice new people
Too strict
relaxed but poor mangement
Lifeguard & Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Plainfield, NJ2018, március 18.
the work environment is relaxed and manageable but the management is poor and often many things wouldn't get done. As a result, the facility was in poor shape and many staff were communicating inaccurate information.
Munkahelyi kultúra
relationships between coworkers are amazing
Swimming Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Jose, CA2018, március 14.
I absolutely loved working at the YMCA. The YMCA is very team work based. I loved being able to be part of a team and seeing us all working towards our goal and making the best out of our jobs and days.
the culture, the vibe
the pay
Alright
Swim Instructor/Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mississauga, ON2018, március 14.
It’s a great way to gain some job experience. But the overall environment for was not best suited for me. Some staff seemed unfriendly, they didn’t seem that helpful, in terms of improvement and among other things. There wasn’t much prep prior to the job, at least in this case. There was not a proper facility orientation, nor how to put lane ropes and things like that. In terms of teaching material, there were many things such as the optional criteria and other things that are needed to pass, that I was unfamiliar with. In my opinion, I think the structure of the lessons seemed unorganized. There seemed to be too many kids in one class, and all are from different levels (i.e star 1 to star 4 kids in one class) making it difficult to cater to each need of the child, with so many different skill levels and so many children. As well as, some classes will be combined when another instructor is absent, adding to the difficulty. Overall, if this environment matches well with you, this is a great job in terms of experience and discovery. If not then, I do not recommended this job.
Free gym membership
Unorganized
Family atmosphere
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Conover, NC2018, március 13.
Co workers are amazing it’s like one big family, although some are lazy. People are the best part of the job. It’s high stress with the responsibly you have. But over all work it, it’s striked but so what isn’t striked across the board.
Great people, go rotation
Striked, stressful
Review Summary of the YMCA
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bonney Lake, WA 983912018, március 13.
A typical day working as a lifeguard is tiring on your feet and stressful. Everyday, you stand for at least 3 hours non-stop. Working at the YMCA has taught me to work as a team and made me more of a hard working person and more focused on my jobs because someone's life could literally be in my hands. The workplace culture is very "teen based" and there is a lot of different conformations and difficult situations that happen just between staff. The hardest part of this job is memorizing what to do during each save, and making sure it's correct and you are doing your best. The most enjoyable thing is making a unique relationship with members to come to the YMCA to swim and being able to talk to them like friends.
short break, hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
good
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Innisfil, ON2018, március 10.
i didnt have a good experience with co workers but did with staff.
they need t work on thefts between co workers and how it will be dealt with instead of doing nothing
Stressful with high turnover
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Keene, NH2018, március 5.
I worked there for quite some time and it was clear they preferred to hire from the outside for administrative positions rather than promote from within the company.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lifeguard/Swimming instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  South Amboy, NJ2018, március 5.
The YMCA was a really good place to work at because not only the there is a really good and professional environment but also has a lot of opportunities for you to go up in different positions and files
Lack luster over all
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Roanoke, VA2018, március 2.
I worked with great people and had good managers over the years. But they kept changing our job requirements and for the amount I was working I was not getting paid what my experience should have given me. No benefits and very unreliable scheduling.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Great employer
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Regina, SK2018, március 2.
Employer was always very accommodating and approachable.
Teaching swimming lessons taught me good communication skills with kids and adults of all ages.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great way to learn about yourself and others
Swim Instructor and Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Westfield, NJ2018, március 1.
I was a swim instructor and lifeguard. These jobs were probably the most rewarding ones I have ever had. Being in charge of other people's safety is serious and made me a more attentive and patient individual.
everything
nothing
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
It was a Job
Swim Team Coach & Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hampton Roads, VA2018, március 1.
The YMCA was a good high school job. However it was hard to maintain being in college and working there because of the hours needed to work there. It's a great summer job.
it pays good
busy schedule
Fun Work Environment
Swim Instructor and Child Development (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2018, március 1.
Very fun work environment, gym members are nice and care about you. Coworkers are fun and reliable. Many opportunities for advancement, always a place to do something.
Free Gym Membership
Few Hours
great
HEAD LIFEGUARD AND SWIM INSTRUCTOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Platte City, MO2018, március 1.
great place to work, somewhat low pay. Stays busy good for someone who wants to stay active on the job. Lifeguarding can be physically demanding. Enjoyed it.
Stressful but worth it
Swim Instructor and Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Brooklyn, NY2018, február 28.
Teaching classes can be hectic when there are not enough staff on hand. Classes get crowded. Most people who guard/teach are in their 20's and the job isn't their focus. Always looking for more workers
Life in the Pool
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Burlington, KY2018, február 27.
It was really hard to leave this job. I had broken my foot and could no longer work in the pool safely with the children. The team really does work with you if you need to find a sub for your lessons or if you are struggling with teaching a particular group of children or just one on one lessons. They will help you with suggestions and different techniques.
Being in the pool
Pay vs short schedule
High turnover aquatics
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Port Orange, FL2018, február 22.
Several supervisors one year
Numerous guards quit left Voluntarily.
Some fired when NEWBIES are hired.
High turnover
New rules each supervisor
Arrogant leadership

Members nice
Felx jours
Bad management favoritism high*
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Flexible, Ongoing and Multifaceted Work
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Guelph, ON2018, február 21.
The Y has offered positions and opportunities for me every turn of the way. Certainly they were not easily obtained and were a challenge to acquire, but the sense of accomplishment was enough. Each day is different, and things move fast. I'm truly grateful that I'm not sitting all day long and am just a hop and a skip from the gym. Working out over Lunch break is simply the best. The work/life balance isn't week to week so much as seasonal and it can be quite a lot, but that's fitness industry everywhere. We all know the 'new year new you' crowd and the mad rush for Fall swim lessons. The management has been evolving greatly into a wonderful group of leaders who lead graciously, but with direction. At the end of the day, a positive for sure.
Pro érvek
Gym membership, comfortable workplace, customers, coworkers, volunteers
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van