YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Swim Instructor

699 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Fun Work environment
Associate Lifeguard and Swimming Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Stevens Point, WI2017, október 13.
Unexpected hours, stressful work environment at times, no exceptions of work advancement. Non-profit so low wages. Drama all the time, especially with directors.
Easy job
Lifeguard Instructor / Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mount Clemens, MI2017, október 11.
I worked for the YMCA for 7 years in various positions during high school and college. I think this a perfect job for students. The hours were generally flexible, allowing you to only work 2-3 hours at a time if needed. The culture was positive, and helped make me the worker and person I am today.
Lack of Incentive here
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Liberty Townshp, OH2017, október 10.
Typical work day was laid back most of the time, you just sat in a chair monitored people in the pool and took chemicals. Management when I worked there was amazing and then the Aquatic Director resigned and it was chaotic. There was a lot of gossip and drama but that was expected working with all high schoolers. Hardest art of the job was getting shifts covered and/ or filled so you weren't guarding for a ridiculous amount of hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Encouraging environment, but hard work involved.
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Acworth, GA2017, október 9.
As a swim instructor, I was around kids and their parents for the entirety of my working hours. The YMCA has strong values and competencies for every worker to abide by, which contributes to their highly qualified staff. The environment can become chaotic due to the nature of the work, but the YMCA intentionally hires staff capable of handling such situations.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a good place to start, or end nothing more nothing less
Lifeguard,Swim Instructor, and Camp Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Saint Joseph, MO2017, október 7.
It's a great first job or post-retirement job, trying to turn it into anything else will burn you out. You get to meet the most wonderful people and have a positive impact on the community but the frugal nature of the organization can be rather taxing on individuals and departments
Flexible hours
Kontra érvek
Lack of change, and when change occurs its often the wrong things.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place for personal development
Swimming Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Montréal, QC2017, október 4.
I had a great time learning the basics of lifeguarding; great professors and very supportive team. Definitely a place that values tolerance, acceptance and growth.
Lifegaurd
Certified swim instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Avon, OH2017, október 3.
The parents that drop their kids off at the "Y", don't teach discipline to their kids and they run around creating problems for the staff and the other guests. Now a lifeguard that has to deal with these problems on a normal shift cant properly fulfill their job and get penalised for it. Management does nothing to help control the kids or fix the problem.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pretty good, dont really remeber.
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Naperville, IL2017, október 2.
I worked for the Fry YMCA about 7 years ago. I was only a swim instructor so my hours were pretty limited. It was pretty easy and the pay, i believe, was pretty decent.
Fun place to work
Lifeguard, Swim Instructor, Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Milford, MI2017, október 1.
Carls Family YMCA is a very fun place to work. I was a life guard, camp counselor, and swim instructor there. It was easy for me to get time-off when needed. The staff are all very friendly.
Great first job
Lifeguard, Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  South Florida, FL2017, szeptember 29.
My first job began at the YMCA and I continued my employment up to six years later, I would strongly recommend this job to others. There were plenty of opportunities to grow within the company as well.
Amazing place to work
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pembroke Pines, FL2017, szeptember 27.
Such a great facility! Fast-paced, fun environment. The whole staff is a huge family! Very flexible hours! recommend 10/10! GREAT first job for beginners.
Awful Supervisors
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Benbrook, TX2017, szeptember 27.
I was a lifeguard at the YMCA in Benbrook and let me tell you, the supervisor was awful. She wouldn't do her job, but she would insert herself into everyone else's job. When you had a problem or a complaint, she would ignore you or just make your problem worse by getting irrelevant people involved. She blocked other employees from the work group chat and brought all of her problems to the workplace. She complained often and put on a face for the customers.
Made friends easily
Bad supervisors
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work with family
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hastings, MN2017, szeptember 26.
This was a great job to have with kids. Was able to have kids with me and drop off in child care while I was working most of the time. It was was job a enjoyed and was able to socialize my kids at the same time.
Good Family Place
Swimming Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Seffner, FL2017, szeptember 26.
a typical day at work was engaging with members and their families
I learned how to speak tactfully
management always changed
most of the employees are very good people
the hardest part was work depended on the weather
the most enjoyable part is seeing the kids smiling and happy because of you
work was pretty relaxed
Kontra érvek
extremely low pay for what you had to deal with, management changing all the time, lack of information given
slow workpace, flexible scheduling
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  North Kansas City, MO2017, szeptember 25.
A typical day for lifeguarding is slow with a fast cleaning pace.
A typical day for teaching lessons is fast pace and back to back. The hardest part was staying in a good mood with lifeguarding. With teaching lessons the hardest part was having patience. The easiest part of lifeguarding was the slow pace, the easiest with lessons was having fun.
Pro érvek
Getting to teach new skills to someone
Kontra érvek
Sometimes not being able to rotate while lifeguarding
Poorly Organized
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Westerly, RI2017, szeptember 24.
The hours were never consistent. Often we would end up short staffed for working for multiple hours without break. As a lifeguard this means you cant go to the bathroom or get water.
Can Be better
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Philadelphia, PA2017, szeptember 24.
I liked the YMCA work enviroment. It made me a very fast paced worker. The members and patrons are very nice. I just wish the salary and pay was much higher
Alot of Down time
Boring sometimes
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lack of management had enjoyable outcomes
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Worthington, MN2017, szeptember 22.
A typical day at the job was teaching swim lessons and guarding swimming patrons. I learned how to collaborate and to better my communication skills. The management was unorganized and often absent. The workplace was laid back. The hardest part of the job was the long work days. The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching young children how to swim while creating that bond between each other.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a good except for the pool manager who happened to be my boss who was never able to contact me back about hours
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hamilton, OH2017, szeptember 21.
I am planning on putting in my 2 weeks notice soon because I can't stand not being able to get a hold of my manager. I still love working and I spent 190 hours of the summer of 2016 volunteering at the Cincinnati zoo and botanical gardens
It's a job
Poor manager
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place for beginning workers
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Wenatchee, WA2017, szeptember 20.
Can be difficult or stressful. Always lots going on, but it's still a fun place to work. You can gain a lot of life skills when working here, but it can also be kind of tiring.

Átfogó minősítés