YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Swim Instructor

784 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place for anyone to work
Swimming Instructor/ Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Catha2018, január 9.
Close and caring family atmosphere with a shared strong work ethic. The typical day at work involves interacting and socializing with members of all ages from the community.
Shift acomodations
Munkahelyi kultúra
its okay for a first job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pomona, CA2018, január 9.
I worked here as my first job from ages 16 to 19 as a lifeguard. we got paid minimum wage for saving lives (the same as a mcdonalds employee). The fact that you must be certified and trained to be a lifeguard means you deserve better pay but the ymca only offered minimum wage. it was super slow and boring when the pool was empty and really hectic and wild when the pool was busy with children.
free ymca gym membership
hot, boring, slow, low-pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Quick-paced job with receptive students and parents
Swim Lesson Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cupertino, CA2018, január 8.
It is important to lay down the rules from day one, especially for younger children. Provide enough support for them to want to try something challenging, but once you get to know the individual students better the real challenge is knowing when to push them a little more. The staff are very friendly and always a good choice to go for advice to on lesson plans and teaching methods.
Munkahelyi kultúra
productive and cool place to work
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Burlington, KY2018, január 8.
i enjoyed being near the pool all day and watching after citizens and children. i felt as though i was making a difference in the community. the management couldve been better as well as the compensation.
preventing accidents
Kontra érvek
low pay, no benefits, poor management
Swimming Instructor
Swim Instructor/Coordinator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Birmingham, AL2018, január 5.
-Taught private and group swim lessons from infant to adult.
-Performed aquatic therapy for special needs children.
- Taught aquatics training for weight loss and speed.
-Coordinated private and group lessons for the YMCA.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place for the community
Head Swim Coach/Stroke School Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Cookeville, TN2018, január 5.
Overall a nice place to work if you want an easy job that pays minimum wage. The management staff is unorganized but everyone is extremely nice. There is no room for advancement.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jennersville, PA2018, január 4.
It was rather enjoyable to work here. Although, you are not paid well for jobs as important as guarding the lives of children. Managers have come and gone in matters of months, yet each one would try to redesign the whole aquatic program.
Good fun
LIFEGUARD AND SWIM INSTRUCTOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Naperville, IL2018, január 3.
It was a good high school job to prepare me in many ways for college. I learned a lot about myself and adults and other people around me. I got prepared financially for the real world.
Pro érvek
Lots of time to work on homework.
Normally under hired
realxed environment
swim instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, január 3.
there's no real distinction between great employees and average employees for the most part everyone is held in the same light and very minimal opportunity to move up
Great
Lifeguard/ Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ohio2018, január 2.
Ymca is a really fun place to work at you get the chance to help people better them selves either it be in the gym or in the pool. it is very rewarding to see someones hard work pay off and know that you had a part in getting them there
Greatest Place to Work
Lifeguard/Deck Supervisor/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Innisfil, ON2018, január 2.
I started my work experience at the YMCA and since then, this has been the greatest place I've ever had the opportunity to work at. This job offered a lot of different experiences, from lifeguarding to instructing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y has so many departments, its easy to make stay motavated for work!
Lifeguard Swimming Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  East Lansing, MI2018, január 1.
The YMCA gives its employees so many opportunities to make a difference in the community. There are so many departments and programs the Y offers you wont ever get board at work.
Free lifegaurd certifications
Kontra érvek
If your willing, the company will use you constantly.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great workplace with great atompshere
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mukilteo, WA2017, december 27.
My experience at the YMCA as a swim instructor as stressful, but the job was intended to be a little more quickly paced. A typical day at work would consist of 3-5 classes, with age groups of three to five year olds. Every so often, you would find yourself in an emergency situation. I learned to always be on my toes, and to act quick in each situation. The management at the YMCA was incredibly understanding, as well as very friendly. You would look forward to each day, because you know you would be greeted with a smile.
The culture of the YMCA was a little clique, but it was not too difficult. The hardest part of the job would have to be the constant on the go persona you would adapt after several months of working. I did find it difficult to constantly keep going, although there were days when I had a spectacular day at work. The most enjoyable part as a swim instructor was the constant learning experiences. You would learn something new every time you came in to work, and there were off days, but the job would never fail to make it better!
Learning experiences, paid training
Kontra érvek
Under 18, can't work more than 20 hours a week.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Typically pleasant and laid back place to work.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Findlay, OH2017, december 25.
A typical day would be a pretty short shift and a varied temperature pool, involving pool chemistry checks, welcoming members, constant supervision of pool area and enforcing pool rules. Had to learn how to deal with members in a professionally way, especially if conflict arises, and the importance of remaining confident in relevant skills in case of emergency. Management lacked some organization/communication with employees, but was usually helpful with resolving issues and was friendly. Workplace was laid back most of the time and everyone was generally friendly. The hardest part was generally balancing pool supervision and secondary tasks. The most enjoyable was getting to know the members and maintaining a welcoming environment.
Pro érvek
Relaxed work environment typically, friendly management, free membership
Sometimes lack of communication/organization
N/a
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Alabaster, AL2017, december 19.
Mostly elderly people, not very busy at the pool during the school year, hours are terrible. Guarding from the time I get there to the time I get off of work
Lifeguard/swim instructor
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Monroe, WA2017, december 19.
Lots of standing buy shoes with good soles. Management was out of there mind. Fun to work as a teenager and play in the pool all day with kids teaching them to swim!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Belmont, MI2017, december 19.
I was a lifeguard at the YMCA as well as a Swim Instructor I loved the environment of the pool and being able to work with children on a daily basis...
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and rewarded with free membership.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tacoma, WA2017, december 16.
A typical day involves another staff member and I prepping and opening the pool deck for members and staff for the rest of the day. People are always smiling and happy to come in, and especially when I smile and wish them a good morning. It is always a positive environment, and even when I am down. I know that if I smile it will be rewarding for myself and the member that come into the YMCA.
I have learned that the YMCA is an important place. I have annually donated $120 because I believe in what the YMCA can do for children as well as adults. I have learned how to socialize with people and to make friends, but to also remain professional. I have learned the importance of my role in reflecting the professionalism and friendly environment of the YMCA.
I have seen many changes in management with my time at the YMCA. I have seen both good management skills and bad management skills. Currently a management staff has just left the YMCA and the current management team is working hard to better improve and fill in what was missing all along.
The culture and mission of the YMCA is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that help healthy spirit, mind and body for all. Core Values: Caring: to demonstrate a sincere concern for others, for their needs and well-being.
The hardest part of my job is managing conflicts, however this does not happen all that often. There are many times where members also do not respect your authority because a majority of the time, staff members are younger than them.
Over all I enjoy the work I do. I enjoy the people that look forward
  több... to you greeting them. The YMCA is neutral territory that allows them to step away from their lives, good or bad, and come to a warm and welcoming place.  kevesebb
adequate breaks
no benefits, low income.
Very self rewarding
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA2017, december 14.
Being able to teach children how to swim is wonderful. The work itself is very rewarding, Being able to get a kid to enjoy the water is huge. On the other hand its very stressful. Parents often don't understand whats going on so they like to complain.
Good for College
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor/Swim Coach (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2017, december 13.
Good college or side job but the branch I worked at had awful management with little communication. It did not treat its workers fairly and the turnover was way too high. Good for college though to pack hours in around your schedule but that's about it.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés