YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Swim Instructor

919 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 21 929 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ponca City, OK2018, június 29.
Great place to work for high school and college students. I enjoyed working here. The management was great with flexible hours. And I was able to work with people I enjoyed
Flexible hours, good money
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, short staffed at times
Working for the YMCA
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Simi Valley, CA2018, június 29.
With working there, the YMCA was a quick paced work environment.They did care about how you did with the kids, but you were not trained as much as you should of been
Fun coworkers
Pay
Great Entry Job
LIFEGUARD/SWIMMING INSTRUCTOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Secane, PA2018, június 28.
I loved lifeguarding here! I had the opportunity to teach children how to swim. It feels so great to have a little one advance their skills in the pool. Ones who where determined, learned to swim very quickly. It feels good to know you are teaching a life skill to someone. Since the pool has set times for different activities, I would put the lane lines in, out, and shift them about. The senior citizens in the morning started inviting me to breakfast with them. I was so blessed working there!
Pro érvek
New connections, shaping young lives
Kontra érvek
Front desk people thought they also controlled the pool area
Aquatics Staff
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bremerton, WA2018, június 28.
When I started working as staff at the YMCA I worked as a Water Aerobics sub for about 6 months before being assigned to my own classes. I also worked as a swim instructor and lifeguard for the time being up until May 2018. My strengths were teaching Water Aerobics and lifeguarding, because of my relationships that I cultivated with the members. I loved the culture at the YMCA, I felt safe and that accepted there. I've learned that the mission statement (mind, body & spirit for all) at the YMCA is always a journey and a growing process.
paid time off
unable to become fulltime
Awful
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Traverse City, MI2018, június 27.
No job advancement, low pay. Hard to get full time. Won't pay PTO.

Double standards. Slow moving management. Definitely do not recommend. Management was super rude
free membership
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Lifeguard
Swimming Instructor, Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  New Canaan, CT2018, június 25.
The YMCA Aquatics department is a great place to work. People there are amazingly friendly and management does their job well. It is not like being a lifeguard anywhere else. They are very strict with the rules and cannot stress more how important it is that this job is not a relaxed job like other pools. There is a reason for that. With recent incidents at near by pools, this YMCA is really cracking down on safety for all members. Also, you get free membership if you work at the YMCA and can use their facilities.
Pro érvek
Amazing staff, free gym membership
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed this job very much. I got to work with the special needs kids.
Swim instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Gig Harbor, WA2018, június 21.
I love new people and new things. I enjoy working and am open to new things. The YMCA was the perfect first job. They pay wasnt too bad for a part time job and the environment was comfortable.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good culture, but horrible pay and occasionally management
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Oklahoma City, OK2018, június 18.
It's good if you plan to move along the chain of command. Management is poor and can seem unfair and they hire anyone willing to work there. You end up working with more than a few awful co-workers.
culture, the poeple
pay and mangement
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pretty good job while in college
LIFEGUARD- SWIM INSTRUCTOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wallingford, CT2018, június 13.
I enjoyed working there as a lifeguard and swim instructor but lifeguarding was terrible because it was always so hot and you would catch yourself and other lifeguards sleeping because it was so boring and the heat was overwhelming. Swim instructing is really fun and I loved being with the kids but overall it is a great community and the people who swim are super nice!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Aquatics manager was unable to work with staff
Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Pensacola, FL2018, június 13.
Worst place I ever worked due to poor management staff. No ability to get schedule ahead of time of find subs since so short handed because everyone was quitting
Aquatics
Lifeguard II and Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2018, június 13.
Horribly run programs. Unprofessional and unhappy employees. I worked here to get a paycheck and that was it. Happy to have left. Made good friends but very high turnover rate.
Hillsborough YMCA
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hillsborough, NJ2018, június 11.
The Hillsborough YMCA is a great place to work as a lifeguard for high school and college students. The pay is not extremely high but they treat everyone with respect.
Unpleasent
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  North Bay, ON2018, június 6.
Although it seems like a great job it had its many downsides. Upper management never listened to the complaints and concerns of their employees and the pay was minimum even though it required a lot more costly certifications than other part time jobs. the hours were pretty good but it was next to impossible to get coverage for your shift no matter the circumstance.
Good hours
Kontra érvek
Not very comfortable work conditions
Swim instructor
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Charlestown, MA2018, június 6.
The YMCA of Greater Boston was a great place to work. It had a small community feel and paid well for the cost of living in the area. The hours were always 4 or more per shift making it worth going to work.
Good Starting Point
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Malden, MA 021482018, június 6.
As a student still in high school, the YMCA is not a bad place to start working. There are things you have to learn along the way, such as how to get along with co-workers, management and being held responsible to the job assigned.
(Though the pay for a lifeguard is minimum wage)

- Typical day at work isn't to stressful as lifeguard
- I learned how to pay careful attention when on shift, insuring safety for everyone
- Management is laid back as long as you do your job properly and should trouble you too much
- Hardest part of the job would probably be the certifications you have to acquire beforehand the job. Such as Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid
- Most enjoyable part of the day is also the most stressful. When you successfully prevent or save someone... the feeling is none other
Fun and easy going
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Putnam Valley, NY2018, június 6.
As a lifeguard, swim instructor, and counselor over the years I've had great experiences all around. They want their staff to enjoy what they're doing to help make them more passionate for their day-to-day task.
Repetitive and communication based
Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Abingdon, MD2018, június 5.
Working as a swim instructor at the YMCA is a good job for those who have experience in swimming and who are looking for a temporary job for the summer or throughout the school year. The YMCA has a good salary for the skills required and consists of good people and employees.
A Learning Place
Lifeguard/ Swim instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fircrest, WA2018, június 4.
The YMCA was where I first learned to become a life guard and a swim instructor. It was not as hard as it I thought it would be due to my co workers helping when I had a question, as well as giving me advice when they could tell I needed it.
Fun Job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor/Child Watch (Volt alkalmazott) –  Omaha, NE2018, június 4.
I really enjoyed my time working at the Y. Management was lax, working with kids and adults was rewarding and fulfilling. Working 'Parents Night Out' felt more like play than working. As an employee I received a free membership which was nice. Management switched faces a number of times.
Pro érvek
Free membership, lax work environment.
Kontra érvek
Inconsistent management, low pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressful situations with lack of coordination
LIFEGUARD/SWIM INSTRUCTOR/ON-DECK SUPERVISOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Indiana2018, június 3.
I worked as a lifeguard for several years and only once got a raise that was $0.18 after the third summer. New guards who were 16 years old and had absolutely no experience were hired in at a higher pay grade which was infuriating. Not only did the new guards have no experience, they treated the job as if it was unimportant and didn't matter. There was very little accountability and I once worked a shift where a lifeguard literally fell asleep in chair only to be sent home without punishment. I worked open shifts a lot, but it is really chilly at 5am guarding the outdoor pool so we used to be able to wear leggings and a sweatshirt to guard in. However, someone (who doesn't experience the job) decided that was bad and stopped allowing it, only to then tell us we could wear the Y sweatshirt if we purchased it. Except I didn't make enough to justify buying the darn sweatshirt to wear for 2.5 hours a day maximum, three days a week. Apparently my safety was less important than the patrons, despite the fact that if I was so cold I got sick I wouldn't be able to properly perform a save. Overall it was very disorganized and incredibly frustrating to work there.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van