YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Swim Instructor

702 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Tiring but rewarding
Swim Instructor (Seasonal) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Berwyn, PA2017, november 10.
As a non-profit, the pay is less rewarding, but the interactions you can have are invaluable.
The culture of the YMCA is very awesome and family friendly.
Management is a little shaky at times, as there are many branches for them to oversee, so it is hard for them to juggle everyone's problems at times
YMCA Membership
Kontra érvek
Relatively poor pay, harder to find time off
Okay place
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ridgewood, NJ2017, november 8.
Seemed like every other month we had gotten a new manger. Unfair pay for he amount worki would do daily and no sense of organization there. In the beginning it was good but before i was let go it was an awful system and completely cathoic
Keeping kids safe
LIFEGUARD/SWIM INSTRUCTOR (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Muskegon, MI2017, november 2.
I currently work at the Muskegon YMCA as a lifeguard and teach safety around water classes. Rewarding to know i can make a difference and teach saftey
Pro érvek
getting paid to have fun in the pool
short staff
it sucks to work here
Swim Instructor and Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Reseda, CA2017, november 2.
my manager forced me to come into work when i was sick and i left worked with a fever of 104 degrees directly to the ER
i mean who actually forces someone to come in especially when you're sick and work around/with children
absolutely none
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and Helpful for a first time and/or part time job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Topeka, KS2017, november 2.
Working at the YMCA was nice, but there was little room for growth, and it was hard to advance, or get any better without it becoming a full time job, commonly impeded with my school studies as management was lacking.
Free YMCA membership
Kontra érvek
No Breaks, on person per shift, lack of management
Child watch staff/swim instructor
Child Watch Teacher/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fond du Lac, WI 549352017, november 2.
Childcare services for parents who drop off their children to work out. Very friendly staff that love to interact with children while establishing professional relationships with both the children and the parents. It was stressful due to the child:staff ratio. The number of staff was insufficient to promote safety within the environment which was expressed many times to management, but was unsuccessful in initiating change.
Kingston Branch Poorly Managed Aquatics
On-Deck Supervisor, Swim Instructor & Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kingston, ON2017, november 2.
The aquatics department for the Kingston Branch of the YMCA was extremely poorly managed. We had frequent occurrences of not having enough lifeguards for the number of patrons and break requirements. Staff could simply not show up for their shifts with absolutely no explanation and not fear any repercussions for their unreliability. The "rolling registration" system used for swimming lessons was not actually implemented, so kids just got stuck in large mixed level classes with no benefit.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
WFun
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houma, LA2017, október 31.
Working at the ymca wasn’t horrible. We had a ton of life guards so getting a lot of hours was kinda hard. Other than that working there was great. As a life guard you just watch a pool.
Easy job.
Hot in the summer
Understanding Environment
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orangeburg, SC2017, október 27.
No where else in a lifeguarding job do you find the professionalism and organisation you find at the YMCA. Where other pools are often unclean, badly managed or accident prone, the YMCA's gold standard in hiring and leadership is what makes it stand out.
Easy Work, Boring Work
Long Hours, boring workplace
Munkahelyi kultúra
Company didn't stick to its mission.
Swim Instructor/Activities Coodinator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Murfreesboro, TN2017, október 26.
I worked and helped develop a special needs program. It was unfortunately discontinued due to lack of funds. Don't feel as though management stuck to the original mission the YMCA was founded on.
horrible
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Olympia, WA2017, október 25.
i didn't like it. it was too slow and you couldn't get anything covered. they also tried to blame memoir missing shifts. the workers were super nice but the management was not nice or fair at all.
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun workplace if you love kids!
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Darien, CT2017, október 25.
I loved working at the Y. It was an amazing experience, I loved it. You'll like this job if you love kids and are looking for a relaxed type of job. I love this Y.
good people, positive environment
Kontra érvek
long breaks, weak pay roll
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Great Company
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2017, október 23.
I love the mission behind what the Y aims to offer to its members. It is a mission that you can stand behind. The leadership is also super great. They truly care about your opinion and value you as an employee.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Very fun great workplace
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orillia, ON2017, október 22.
Very fun working at the ymca staff is very inviting and friendly will show you anything that you need to know before you make a mistake.
i learned how to work well as a team and coordinate in stressful environments.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Was just something to take up my time
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Manitowoc, WI2017, október 22.
This was a job that I took, just to give me something to do a couple hours a week while my children were in school. I never intended for it to become something more and enjoyed it while I was there.
great job, horrible place
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mukwonago, WI2017, október 19.
If you're going to be a lifeguard and Swim Instructor do it through another organization or use the Y as a temporary place to work. I love watching and helping people, but management is a hassle.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyable place with a good atmosphere, however management could have been better.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  State College, PA2017, október 19.
The YMCA was a great place to work with lots of friendly staff and members. However I feel as though management was lacking in the matter of listening to staff. Working in aquatics allowed for many factors that could cause a shut down however management often put money first rather than saftey.
Free membership
Hot work environment
Relaxed Work Place
Swim Instructor/ LifeGuard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Brighton, MA2017, október 16.
Overall, I enjoyed working for the Y. My only issues would be the pay rate and the hours. If your swim lesson's cancel, you will not get paid. Other than that, the staff and management are understanding and fair !
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Summer Camp
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CA2017, október 16.
I woke up with kids got them ready, then had a blast, I was in the sun with people who eventually were like family too me for 3 months best summer ever.
Hardest part was being away from my family but i loved all the support i had and all the amazing people i meet
Pro érvek
free food and accommodation and amazing experience
Kontra érvek
long hours not time to be having a emotional or hard day
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun and safe environment for all
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Diamond Bar, CA2017, október 15.
typical work day would start off with all lifeguards and swim instructors cleaning the pool deck and checking chemicals. Management was very understanding and willing to help with any scheduling problems. Everyone was very easy to get along with. the most enjoyable part of the job was honestly meeting all the new co-workers and patrons that we came to know by name.
Pro érvek
swimming pool whenever and ymca membership
standing in the sun