YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Swim Instructor

897 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 21 522 értékelés megtekintése
Lifeguard
Swim Instructor and Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Flamborough, ON2018, július 18.
Pros- flexible shifts, great kids in programs, amazing co-workers. You get in what you put out so honor your shifts or get coverage.

Cons-make sure to have a good relationship with your supervisor or you may suffer. Lax communication between senior staff (managers) and underlings. Prepare to clean as Lifeguards are meant to be cleaning if it is a small number of pool attendants. Minimum wage unless you work "Premium hours" (lessons or in the hours of 8:00-4:00).
good place to work
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cookeville, TN2018, július 17.
The YMCA was a good place to work in general, it just isn't for me. Everyone was very nice, including the members and it's very convenient. Only unfortunate because lifeguarding is the only thing I can do there, due to being 16, and it was somewhat difficult to get hours.
free membership
Kontra érvek
short breaks, humid in pool
Disorganized and under-staffed
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Niles, IL2018, július 17.
There was very low staffing due to the poor pay, which caused very disorganized management. Furthermore, management attempted to force employees who were students to pick up additional shifts and did not care that these shifts interfered with school.
relaxed
Kontra érvek
dissatisfied customers often needed to be spoken to
Productive and Positive Enviroment
LEAD SWIM INSTRUCTOR (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Dripping Springs, TX2018, július 13.
The YMCA culture and environment is positive in so many ways. It give people of all ages, background and such to put a positive enforcement on the community in which we live and work. The YMCA has given me the opportunity to not only teach swimming which I really enjoy, but also gives me the great satisfaction of teaching others to swim and protect themselves from drowning. YMCA is the place to be for all ages. One of the most enjoyable jobs I have ever had in my life.
Enjoyable working enviroment
Low pay and no benefits
Wonderful place to work
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rapid City, SD2018, július 13.
Great place to work. The pay sucks but the benifits were nice. Free membership to employees and volunteers. Family oriented. Flexible schedules. Would recommend
I Once Enjoyed It
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wichita, KS 672202018, július 12.
I enjoyed my job quite a bit until the manager that hired me on resigned. After he left, the person that replaced him was very narcissistic. It made my job very difficult and uncomfortable. Quite a few people left shortly after the previous manager resigned as well.
Flexible Hours
Management, Low Salary
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
Pool Manager, Lifeguard, and Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Galion, OH2018, július 11.
Overall was a good place to work. I was able to learn a lot from working there. Hours were different than most jobs. It was a good way to make some extra cash on the side.
Y Pass and Pool Pass
Hours
Its a fun place
SWIM INSTRUCTOR (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Elk River, MN2018, július 10.
it is a fun place to work... there's always something going on and there is such a variety of jobs through the Y that if you don't particularly like one you can always move internally to another. Good work team atmosphere and great members around you everyday.
Pro érvek
Fun people, flexible schedule, working with kids
Kontra érvek
odd hours (morning and evening), low pay for the task
Munkahelyi kultúra
Was not the Ideal work place
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Anderson, IN2018, július 9.
The hours I worked were less than optimal and the pay was minimum. There wasn't nearly enough coverage of the pool to sufficiently keep people safe. Right after I left the YMCA the guard who replaced me had a swimmer drown on his shift.
so so
LIFEGUARD/SWIM INSTRUCTOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Concord, NC2018, július 7.
good place to work, the management could have been much better and there was no opportunity to advance. i worked there for 3 years so i cant complain, it was a good first job.
Good for part-time job
Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Redlands, CA2018, július 6.
The work is good for a part-time job. Management isn't the best but lifeguards get free training and each year you get a few cents/dollars more of a raise. I only work a few hours a week
Fun and interactive workplace
LIFEGUARD & SWIM INSTRUCTOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Spring Hill, FL2018, július 5.
The YMCA was a great place to work while going to school. I learned a lot about people and interacting with customers while there. Summer camps and activities provided by the YMCA are a plus.
Pretty fine summer job
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Darien, CT2018, július 4.
I worked here for a year. It was pretty laid back. You were paid based on the times you placed on your time sheet. The kid's were a pain sometime but usually easy to deal with.
Easy hours
Always in chlorine
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very stressful and fast-paced, but worth the emotional pay-off
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2018, július 2.
It was really hard to work here. I lost energy very quickly because of the stressful and fast-paced experience. However, the reward of watching students succeed and grow was worth all the pain.
People-watching
Lifeguard, Swim instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Redlands, CA2018, július 1.
Most of lifeguarding is just watching people and making sure that they don't do anything potentially dangerous. Accidents do happen, but the required lifeguard training more than prepared me for it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place for young people to start a strong resume
Swim Instructor/Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Calgary, AB2018, július 1.
Overall the YMCa creates an excellent atmosphere for young individuals to develop leadership skills. The work is very rewarding but is also thankless in many ways. The pay is minimal as the YMCA is a not for profit organization. The benefits of working for the YMCA are mostly based on what you put in, and having an impact on childrens lives.
provided responsibility
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Woodbridge, NJ2018, június 30.
provided with responisbility to underage children and those in need. was taught essential knowlwdge in order to keep guests safe and treated with reliability
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work but not enough funding to treat employees fairly
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tucson, AZ2018, június 29.
The pool specifically is understaffed and everyone is underpaid for the area that we work in. Working here is more relaxed than other pools but thats still not enough to overcome the fact that you can't get more than 30 hours a week making minimum wage (even though most other lifeguards/swim instructors make 2+ more dollars)
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ponca City, OK2018, június 29.
Great place to work for high school and college students. I enjoyed working here. The management was great with flexible hours. And I was able to work with people I enjoyed
Flexible hours, good money
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, short staffed at times
Working for the YMCA
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Simi Valley, CA2018, június 29.
With working there, the YMCA was a quick paced work environment.They did care about how you did with the kids, but you were not trained as much as you should of been
Fun coworkers
Pay
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van