YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Swim Instructor

965 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 22 602 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Don't exactly care about their employees
Swim Instructor/Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Goldsboro, NC2018, október 16.
Managers are terrible and not required to have any experience in the department they're in. My manager was working in aquatics and often worked a lifeguard position with no lifeguard training or experience. Refused to give us latex free anything even though they legally have to. Pool chemicals are always a mess, as is the pool. You get no breaks and are yelled at for using the bathroom.
Munkahelyi kultúra
everyone is looks out for one another but not that often
Deck Manager/swim instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Minneapolis, MN2018, október 10.
People there are basically fake but there's some maturity. My boss was a pretty chill lady was someone you could easily just come talk to if you had a problem or concern about anything she was also the only lifeguard there during the day. But her boss was the one with the problems that is she always thought about herself and didn't really pay attention to our side of the Y which is the Aquatics area. She mainly focused on what she wanted done and not listening to our concerns or offer ups
some good people
Kontra érvek
director of the establishment not such a bright fellow
Munkahelyi kultúra
very good work environment and friendly people
Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Whittier, CA2018, október 9.
very good work environment and friendly people. you make a lot of friends and management is very nice. The pay is alright but you need to make it work and get as many hours as you can.
Fun
Swim instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Belmont, NC2018, október 4.
Great kids. Parents were nice poeple. Swimming in the water with kids and teaching how to swim is really fun. Coworkers are awesome. Really friendly. Water is warm sometimes.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good Place too work, but managed extremely poorly.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Calgary, AB2018, október 3.
The patrons and coworkers were wonderful people and the work was engaging and enjoyable however it was very poorly managed so lots of organizational problems which could have been fixed quite easily but was never dealt with.
Great summer job
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Pedro, CA2018, október 1.
This was a summer job. I was given a lot of responsibility. It was a fun place to work. Extra hours were often available.
The other staff were great to work with.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Super fun if you love working with kids.
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chambersburg, PA2018, október 1.
Working for the YMCA was a great experience and helped further my leadership skills. Work days were laid back and fun to be around the kids. Management was wonderful about keeping us informed on our required certifications, etc. Everyone got along well at work and many coworkers were close friends.The hardest part of the job was cleaning up children's vomit out of the pool. Seeing kids advance and succeed and do things they were once scared to was the most enjoyable part of work.
Flexible hours
Limited hours and pay
First Job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA2018, október 1.
Easy, and fast paced. Had given me ways to advance myself and learn about what I would want in the future. The hardest part was leaving since I had to relocate.
Horrible work place
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Palestine, TX2018, szeptember 30.
I have worked there for a while now and it is a joke. I went from making a little over nine and hour. Then I was lied to and was told that if I moved inside the Y and worked with fitness I’d make more but my pay was brought down to 7:75.
The people you meet
Kontra érvek
Pay is way too low for the work you put in
good place
Lifeguard/ swim instructor/ camp counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bedford, TX2018, szeptember 28.
I had a good time working for the Y. My manager was passionate and you could easily tell. Care in customers was put above sales and numbers. It felt good to help customers and teach clients who had never learned how to swim their entire life.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
It was ok
Volunteer Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hampton, VA2018, szeptember 26.
The hardest part about this job was the fact that I was constantly being lied to about having a job there and being taken advantage of. I felt that the manager there didn't know what to do really when hiring new employees and would ask other employees how they feel about the new person and then decide on that and that to me was not fair.
SO much fun
Head Lifeguard/Swim Instructor/Deck Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wasaga Beach, ON2018, szeptember 22.
Working at the Y has always been a pleasant experience for me with both the clients and the management. every day was a new learning experience and tons of fun.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Easy job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brunswick, GA2018, szeptember 22.
Working for the YMCA is good for short-term employment. Seasonal positions pay decent and the hours are flexible for the most part. Frequent changes in management made it hard to keep up with facility information.
Pro érvek
frequent breaks, nice coworkers, flexible hours
Kontra érvek
occasionally working over time, frequent change in management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with children was a great experience
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chino, CA2018, szeptember 19.
Was one of the most fun jobs I had. Working with children really taught me patience. Summer would be extremely busy but winter would really slow business/ hours.
Fun, Flexible hours
poor managament
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Ymca
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, szeptember 17.
It depends what I would work as. If I'm a lifeguard the day usually goes by slow. If I am swim instructing it goes by quick and I enjoy my time working with the children. Some children are terrified of the water at first but as they keep coming to each lesson they learn what they can do in the water instead of having fear for it. At the YMCA you learn to trust very few people because others will turn their backs to you if you do not do anything to their liking.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and a fun place to work.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Aurora, CO2018, szeptember 16.
The YMCA provided me with endless opportunities, and i’m forever grateful of that job. The only downside is that the job is seasonal, which is why I am looking for another job part time.
Flexibility
No breaks unless 5 hours worked
Not Great
Swim Instructor, Burbank (Volt alkalmazott) –  Reading, MA2018, szeptember 14.
There are no chances to advance, the pay is pretty poor, and after working there for years I can honestly say that the management is atrocious. Look elsewhere.
Supportive & fun working environment
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dallas, TX2018, szeptember 13.
The work environment is exactly like a family and because of that you are always looking forward to going to work. Also it is a place where both the employs and customers interact all the time and most of the times form healthy relationships.
Interesting
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  New Brighton, PA2018, szeptember 13.
Working at the YMCA was a good experience although I at a few times was uncomfortable by the customers that would come in the pool and I felt that I would not be able to leave and get help quickly.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
It was a job
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Greenville, WI2018, szeptember 12.
A typical day at work involved sitting in a chair and trying not to die of boredom. I found teaching to be a much more enjoyable way to pass the time. I learned about conflict resolution, punctuality, and professionalism at the job, as well as some useful first aid knowledge. The management was okay. The hardest part of the job is the gnawing, soul-crushing boredom that comes from life-guarding. It is hard just to do that much nothing, but you will never get paid more for doing less. The most enjoyable part was the end of the day, but also working with children teaching them how to swim.
Is a job
Boring, low salary
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van