YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Swim Instructor

702 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and rewarded with free membership.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tacoma, WA2017, december 16.
A typical day involves another staff member and I prepping and opening the pool deck for members and staff for the rest of the day. People are always smiling and happy to come in, and especially when I smile and wish them a good morning. It is always a positive environment, and even when I am down. I know that if I smile it will be rewarding for myself and the member that come into the YMCA.
I have learned that the YMCA is an important place. I have annually donated $120 because I believe in what the YMCA can do for children as well as adults. I have learned how to socialize with people and to make friends, but to also remain professional. I have learned the importance of my role in reflecting the professionalism and friendly environment of the YMCA.
I have seen many changes in management with my time at the YMCA. I have seen both good management skills and bad management skills. Currently a management staff has just left the YMCA and the current management team is working hard to better improve and fill in what was missing all along.
The culture and mission of the YMCA is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that help healthy spirit, mind and body for all. Core Values: Caring: to demonstrate a sincere concern for others, for their needs and well-being.
The hardest part of my job is managing conflicts, however this does not happen all that often. There are many times where members also do not respect your authority because a majority of the time, staff members are younger than them.
Over all I enjoy the work I do. I enjoy the people that look forward
  több... to you greeting them. The YMCA is neutral territory that allows them to step away from their lives, good or bad, and come to a warm and welcoming place.  kevesebb
adequate breaks
no benefits, low income.
Very self rewarding
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Berkeley, CA2017, december 14.
Being able to teach children how to swim is wonderful. The work itself is very rewarding, Being able to get a kid to enjoy the water is huge. On the other hand its very stressful. Parents often don't understand whats going on so they like to complain.
Good for College
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor/Swim Coach (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2017, december 13.
Good college or side job but the branch I worked at had awful management with little communication. It did not treat its workers fairly and the turnover was way too high. Good for college though to pack hours in around your schedule but that's about it.
Lifeguard
Lifeguard And Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kalamazoo, MI2017, december 7.
Watched the pool to make sure everyone was safe. Preformed first-aid when needed. Taught swimming lessons weekly. The people I worked with were friendly and willing to help when needed. The best part of the job was my manager as she was the nicest lady I have ever met.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Extremely boring, management unprofessional, other employees unreliable
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2017, december 7.
My coworkers were extremely unreliable. You are the only lifeguard in the pool area which is in the basement so you can’t leave to use the bathroom or take a break. Being the only lifeguard is also a safety hazard. You were expected to eat your lunch in the pool area while still watching the water as well. I worked two jobs and had to leave straight from my shifts here to get to it. Coworkers scheduled to relieve me would CONSISTENTLY show up 10-25 minutes late with no excuse & holding fast food bags. When I addressed this with the manager I was scolded because I should “be more understanding”.
Why I gotta do a review
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2017, december 6.
It was cool, everyone is friendly. The only thing is that it is annoying when you're at a party and the YMCA song comes and everyone looks at you and expects you to dance along.
Great part-time job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Madison, AL2017, december 6.
This is a great place to get started as a lifeguard or swim instructor since they have an indoor pool and you can work year-round. You will not be able to work full-time, so it's just a side job. The atmosphere probably varies from one facility to another but my Y is professional yet laid-back. No unnecessary stress but we are expected to act like professionals, work, and get the job done. Other than that, we can swim or work out on breaks and basically enjoy what we do.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked around pools and patrons of many cultures
Downtown Boise - Lifeguard / Swim instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2017, december 5.
Large amount of time spent around and in water, practicing CPR and utilization methods for the AED. Constantly scanning pools, always prepared for an emergency
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Certain co workers
Munkahelyi kultúra
it was a nice little side job
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lock Haven, PA2017, december 1.
I made a lot of friends there and met a lot of new people. Slow a lot of times in the winter even though it is an indoor pool. Very friendly environment.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Working for the YMCA
Swim Instructor/Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bel Air, MD2017, november 29.
I love working for the YMCA the benefits are great and so is the management, your hourly wage is based on your experience and its overall a great place to work.
Fun
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Virginia Beach, VA2017, november 29.
I enjoyed every day I worked there, enjoyed the people, can't wait to return in the summer. Hardest part was getting cleaned after work and the constant arm dislocation was annoying but weak joints.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job for Part time work
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Mosinee, WI2017, november 25.
As a lifeguard, a typical day is waking up early to open the pool at 6am. You are the only guard for about 3 hours or sometimes more. You then rotate with the other guard and you clean the pool area when you're not on stand. Management is never there and they are hard to get ahold of if something goes wrong. You get to make great friends that you work with and sometimes the patrons are nice.
Flexible hours
Poor Management
terrible
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Livonia, MI2017, november 24.
Overall it was a terrible experience. Management was terrible in all levels of the company as well as very inconsistent. I wouldn't recommend anyone at the location I worked at.
No review
Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Klamath Falls, OR2017, november 24.
Just needing to get past this box to move forward. YMCA is a company is a good company to work for, especially if you need flexibility in your schedule.
Great Place to work!!
Swim Instructor/Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jacksonville, FL2017, november 22.
I worked with the YMCA this past year and I intend to work here every summer moving forward. The pay was fair, the work was fair, and everything was fair. While yes, being a lifeguard here can be stressful sometimes, it is fairly easy to cope with once you get into it. They train us wonderfully and I would recommend this job to anyone looking for a summer job or a great job in total.
40 hours a week(usually), lunch break(depending on location), fair pay
Kontra érvek
On call for filling in other staff, stressfull, hot and sunny
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Lifeguard at the YMCA
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Sumner, WA2017, november 20.
While working at the YMCA as a lifeguard, it wasn't a boring job and taught me a lot throughout the year I have been here. I was CPR certified, had basic first aid training and was taught how to save someone. My co workers were very kind to everyone and everyone got along. The hardest part of my job was being hot, standing for more then 4 hours without a break, and keeping hydrated, but watching kids play and have fun was the most enjoyable part.
Hours
Kontra érvek
Short or no breaks, temperature
Up's and down's
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tacoma, WA2017, november 17.
It is a great place to work however, if you work hard at your job you don't get paid what you should. Hard to move up in sometimes when they tell you its possible. Great message and great people to work with all around.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Friendly, caring staff and members
LIFEGUARD/SWIM INSTRUCTOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kosciusko County, IN2017, november 15.
I enjoyed this job because it was such a fun and enjoyable environment and we as employees are taken very good care of. As a lifeguard I had a good amount of responsibility. The management was incredible and did a great job taking care of all of us lifeguard.
Nice community no advancement
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2017, november 15.
This was a good temporary part time job but not anything more. I would not recommend this to someone who wants a full time career. The feeling of being part of the community is amazing however. This is a great place to meet people and make connections.
Very friendly environment
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2017, november 13.
The YMCA is a very open and friendly community. The pool area tends to get pretty busy but fortunately the staff all acts as a team. I really wish I didn't have to relocate, I would've stayed if I had a choice.
Friendly staff