YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Support Worker

43 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 27 965 értékelés megtekintése
Good team work
Support Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Exeter2017, február 17.
Good team trying to positively impact lives of
homeless young people.
Some stress & shift work make for difficulty in non work life hours.y
Good colleagues
Shift wirk
Great job
Support Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Merseyside2017, február 13.
Great placed to work, staff team good, job good, pay and conditions good. Would recommend working here always up to date with employment trends and training.
Staff team
Productive & rewarding
Support?Link worker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fife2017, február 9.
I have over 30 years experience of working in the care sector with Care of the elderly, young people in residential care & the homeless sector.
I have experience with working with Multi disciplinary agencies, Good communication skills both verbally & written.
I have been involved in assisting people with multiple and complex needs in helping them to overcome barriers & developing life skills that will enable them to achieve personal outcomes & progress to more independent living.
I am involved in keeping all relevant paperwork/records up to date in the required format.
Ensuring all Health and Safety requirements are effective & complete weekly fire checks.
I support clients in budgeting and managing their finances to ensure they are able to maximise their income.
I work closely with my colleagues in support of the clients care plans.
Pro érvek
Hours that suit my child care needs.
Sleep overs.
fun place to work
Support Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kirkcaldy2017, január 13.
was fun to work here while i was unemployed something different everyday always doing music lessons with the kids playing game and going on trips to the parks zoo's etc
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pay is not equal/poor benefits
Housing Support Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ottawa, ON2017, január 13.
Consistent turn over rate. Very low hourly wage for overnight.

This is not a very challenging position if you are just getting started in the field.
Free gym membership
Kontra érvek
Day staff payed more then night staff/wage is non negotiable
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
brilliant to work for
Weekend Support Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Bromwich2016, december 9.
supporting clients and seeing them progress and move forwards to independent living supporting them with ongoing lifeskills and helping them to learn to budget
excellent team of staff
Munkahelyi kultúra
challenging environment and fun place
Housing Support Worker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Edmonton, AB2016, július 25.
learning administrative stuff and working together as a team
good management
fun coworker
busy
flexible hours
everything can learn but might take a while and interesting work environment.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
very demanding for clientele
Landlord Requment / Inhome Support worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Edmonton, AB2016, július 2.
home visits, phone calls partnerships in-service meetings support clientele and convince landlord requiement of safe keeping the peace. having to deal with Authorities in neccessary. children are safe.
positive outcomes
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work interesting varied environment
Night Support Worker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Horsham / Crawley / Guildford2016, február 10.
Extremely varied from one minute to the next as we are dealing with some young people who have experienced troubled times and need assistance with the day to day management of their lives, finances and progression.
Pro érvek
Discounted lunches, free parking provided
Needs a review
Senior Support Worker Enhanced (Volt alkalmazott) –  Croydon London, ENG2015, szeptember 9.
TYPICAL DAY: would be a combination of attempting to undertake administration work stats, report writing, H&S checks when attempting to work therapeutically with customers (client/residents) this was extremely difficult without a front desk/person to undertake practical duties.

WHAT I'VE LEARNT- HARDEST PART OF THE JOB: True therapeutic work and administration do not work attempting to carry them out at the same time, which was a requirement of the job.

MANAGEMENT: local Management was extremely supportive understanding the difficulties of attempting to combine two totally different aspects of the position. They also introduced and undertook clinical supervision which was much needed.

MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB:
No comment
Kontra érvek
Long difficult hours little reward or recognition
no 2 days were the same in this role
Support worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  birmingham2015, május 26.
i worked hard with all levels of management and co workers as of a team.
a typical day would be bedroom checks, supporting client s with various issues such as housing debts, benefits. checking empty rooms and logging rent from service users. hardest part of the job is having to work until the late evening in a 30 bed hostel with all levels of issues such as drugs/alcohol abuse, domestic abuse etc. most enjoyable part of the job is when a service users pass their college exams and when they receive a property and seeing them empowered to make a contribution to their local community.
Pro érvek
small office, in house support.
evening working
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
access and resettlement worker and support worker
Access and Resettlement Worker/Support Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wolverhampton, ENG2015, május 19.
.complete data referrals, risk assessments ,initial assements, record them on the housing system,
. Hold regular support sessions for clients and work with them to become more independent using a task centred approach.
Munkahelyi kultúra
residential home, caring for five residents
Support Worker (Floating) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Essex2015, február 20.
I was a Support Worker in a residential home, caring for five residents who were severely handicapped both physically and mentally, meaning they were unable to communicate verbally. As well as taking care of their day-to-day personal needs, I arranged their appointments, including accompanying them to the doctor. I was responsible for home visits to their families and also taking them on holidays within the UK and overseas
travel around UK
unable to communicate verbally
Fun environment, high workload
Housing Support Worker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  South East London2014, november 27.
This is a prime environment for growth. With the high staff turnover it is a pressurized environment but the people are fun to be around and take the edge off. The rota is a killer but at least they allow employees to weigh in on more friendly options.
regular cake
intense rota
Munkahelyi kultúra
Committed to make true combination of Spirit, Body and Mind to build a strong community
Housing Support Worker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Edmonton, AB2014, október 1.
The YMCA Transitional Housing is located at such an important place that serve the real purposes of it's clients. Considering the present demand securing one room/ bed is like getting the moon in hand. The Organization is run by the most mature and polished management. All team members are really committed to give their best to the customers. This is an expanded family having the senior management, staff and the residents. Some of the residents are living there for more than 27 years. The most positive part of job is we are contributing towards the overall development of the community following the harm reduction approach. I feel sad when I see some of our clients are not loving themselves and wasting their time only by taking marijuana and drinking alcohol.
Pro érvek
This is a strong brand and popularly accepted by the stakeholders
Kontra érvek
Limited rooms/ facilities for women and families considering the current demand.
very caring atomshpere
Enhanced Support Worker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Kingston, ON2014, szeptember 23.
great organization loved everything...very fun and outgoing people good ideas for the kids programs... very involved employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
helping young people to better themselves
campus support worker supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Stoke-on-Trent, ENG2014, június 16.
everyday is different,i could be helping out my team on the front desk next I'll be in a meeting with senior management.
what iv'e learned during my time at the YMCA is to respect the people we have in and to help with learning difficulties and challenging behaviour.
management is good due to the nature of our work.
i have an excellent who will do as i ask and together we rely on each other.
seeing young people choosing to get into trouble and loose their accommodation.
seeing young people make a better life for themselves.
flexible
budget cuts
Challenging place to work
Transitional Housing Support Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Edmonton, AB2014, május 20.
- Quiet
- Good management
- Poor team work
- Good staff training seminars/opportunities
Free gym membership
Every day isnt the same
Support Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  wolverhampton2014, január 9.
i like working at the YMCA, i can come on shift and i will not being the same things each day, i love working with young people and showing them a better way of living and getting them ready to move out to there own flat.
great team
contracts
Summary of work life
Concierge Support Worker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Sunderland, ENG2013, november 1.
I took part time work within Sunderland YMCA Foyer which started in July 2009. I have gained knowledge within the role of Housing Support Worker where I managed a case load of six young people. This role involves offering support to residents in developing independent lives through the implementation of the aims and purposes of the YMCA and to help with the running and upkeep of Sunderland YMCA residential property.

Some of the responsibilities I have are to support young people and help them through their support plan to achieve social and economic independence; this is done by daily and weekly contacts along with monthly risk assessments I have to have excellent listen skills as residents at times just want to talk about issues they may be trying to deal with

The role also involves teaching young people how to cook meals, clean their flat and use washing machines, how to iron clothes and to explain and understand how they are expected to conform to what society expects of them which includes respect for others. I have covered all shifts within the YMCA which also includes outreach work with service users who have moved on from the YMCA into properties to gain further independence.

I have to gain the trust and confidence of the residents within the YMCA and at outreach properties and have a good working relationship with them so that I can then advise and guide them with any problems that they may come up against. Within this role I also have to maintain effective relationships and liaison links with other outside agencies such as Social Services Managers and Social
  több... Workers, Youth Offending Teams, Probation Officers, Benefit Officers, Local Authorities, Employment Services and other voluntary agencies.

I am at present a concierge worker on part time night shift hours within the YMCA, this role involves the security of the building and cleaning duties which includes the full clean down of flats for handover to new residents, cleaning of communal areas, cleaning of food preparation areas and kitchens so they can be used during the daytime shifts. I also still cover additional Housing Support Workers shifts as and when required.
  kevesebb
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van