Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Support Worker

Munkakör megnevezése
Support Worker45 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
45 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 415 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Did not support people with learning issues
I have no comments to say .job is a good job to do if you what to help the YMCA in the work thay do it is the job for you
Munkahelyi kultúra
I lived working here but due to being pregnant and on a seasonal contract my employment came to a sharp end.

I was able to support young people and assist them to move into indepensant living.

I found the tile to be very challenging and motivating.
Friendly staff
It ended :(
Munkahelyi kultúra
Each student was completely cared for, relaxation, enjoyment
of activities, good relationship with parents. Have fun with movies, games, crafts, gym equipment, walks
Pro érvek
If finished early stIll got paid
Boss was poor
Munkahelyi kultúra
Dealing with referrals from Children's Services and Councils for young homeless teenagers. Finding them a suitable environment to live in within a family situation to enable them to develop lifeskills to live independently in the future. Helping them apply for benefits and deal with any issues that arise. Helping them find education/work that makes them feel valued.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good team trying to positively impact lives of
homeless young people.

Some stress & shift work make for difficulty in non work life hours.y
Good colleagues
Shift wirk
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great placed to work, staff team good, job good, pay and conditions good. Would recommend working here always up to date with employment trends and training.
Staff team
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have over 30 years experience of working in the care sector with Care of the elderly, young people in residential care & the homeless sector.
I have experience with working with Multi disciplinary agencies, Good communication skills both verbally & written.

I have been involved in assisting people with multiple and complex needs in helping them to overcome barriers & developing life skills that will enable them to achieve personal outcomes & progress to more independent living.

I am involved in keeping all relevant paperwork/records up to date in the required format.

Ensuring all Health and Safety requirements are effective & complete weekly fire checks.

I support clients in budgeting and managing their finances to ensure they are able to maximise their income.

I work closely with my colleagues in support of the clients care plans.
Pro érvek
Hours that suit my child care needs.
Sleep overs.
Munkahelyi kultúra
was fun to work here while i was unemployed something different everyday always doing music lessons with the kids playing game and going on trips to the parks zoo's etc
Munkahelyi kultúra
Consistent turn over rate. Very low hourly wage for overnight.

This is not a very challenging position if you are just getting started in the field.
Free gym membership
Kontra érvek
Day staff payed more then night staff/wage is non negotiable
Munkahelyi kultúra
supporting clients and seeing them progress and move forwards to independent living supporting them with ongoing lifeskills and helping them to learn to budget
excellent team of staff
Munkahelyi kultúra
learning administrative stuff and working together as a team
good management

fun coworker

busy

flexible hours

everything can learn but might take a while and interesting work environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
home visits, phone calls partnerships in-service meetings support clientele and convince landlord requiement of safe keeping the peace. having to deal with Authorities in neccessary. children are safe.
positive outcomes
Munkahelyi kultúra
TYPICAL DAY: would be a combination of attempting to undertake administration work stats, report writing, H&S checks when attempting to work therapeutically with customers (client/residents) this was extremely difficult without a front desk/person to undertake practical duties.

WHAT I'VE LEARNT- HARDEST PART OF THE JOB: True therapeutic work and administration do not work attempting to carry them out at the same time, which was a requirement of the job.

MANAGEMENT: local Management was extremely supportive understanding the difficulties of attempting to combine two totally different aspects of the position. They also introduced and undertook clinical supervision which was much needed.

MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB:

No comment
Kontra érvek
Long difficult hours little reward or recognition
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
i worked hard with all levels of management and co workers as of a team.
a typical day would be bedroom checks, supporting client s with various issues such as housing debts, benefits. checking empty rooms and logging rent from service users. hardest part of the job is having to work until the late evening in a 30 bed hostel with all levels of issues such as drugs/alcohol abuse, domestic abuse etc. most enjoyable part of the job is when a service users pass their college exams and when they receive a property and seeing them empowered to make a contribution to their local community.
Pro érvek
small office, in house support.
evening working
Munkahelyi kultúra
.complete data referrals, risk assessments ,initial assements, record them on the housing system,
. Hold regular support sessions for clients and work with them to become more independent using a task centred approach.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a Support Worker in a residential home, caring for five residents who were severely handicapped both physically and mentally, meaning they were unable to communicate verbally. As well as taking care of their day-to-day personal needs, I arranged their appointments, including accompanying them to the doctor. I was responsible for home visits to their families and also taking them on holidays within the UK and overseas
travel around UK
unable to communicate verbally
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a prime environment for growth. With the high staff turnover it is a pressurized environment but the people are fun to be around and take the edge off. The rota is a killer but at least they allow employees to weigh in on more friendly options.
regular cake
intense rota
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA Transitional Housing is located at such an important place that serve the real purposes of it's clients. Considering the present demand securing one room/ bed is like getting the moon in hand. The Organization is run by the most mature and polished management. All team members are really committed to give their best to the customers. This is an expanded family having the senior management, staff and the residents. Some of the residents are living there for more than 27 years. The most positive part of job is we are contributing towards the overall development of the community following the harm reduction approach. I feel sad when I see some of our clients are not loving themselves and wasting their time only by taking marijuana and drinking alcohol.
Pro érvek
This is a strong brand and popularly accepted by the stakeholders
Kontra érvek
Limited rooms/ facilities for women and families considering the current demand.
Munkahelyi kultúra
great organization loved everything...very fun and outgoing people good ideas for the kids programs... very involved employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
everyday is different,i could be helping out my team on the front desk next I'll be in a meeting with senior management.
what iv'e learned during my time at the YMCA is to respect the people we have in and to help with learning difficulties and challenging behaviour.

management is good due to the nature of our work.

i have an excellent who will do as i ask and together we rely on each other.

seeing young people choosing to get into trouble and loose their accommodation.

seeing young people make a better life for themselves.
flexible
budget cuts
- Quiet
- Good management

- Poor team work

- Good staff training seminars/opportunities
Free gym membership
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés