Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Support Worker

Munkakör megnevezése
Support Worker46 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
46 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 056 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work, staff are so supportive and encouraging.
Shift pattern is my only issue not great for work life balance, but that is only if you are a project worker. Other roles have normal hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The place is like a cult
If they aren't chanting about "one team one love" or yelling at you in public places for daring to question their authority, middle management are elsewhere, always.
Induct yourself, good luck figuring out the archaic system and remember, it is every man for himself.

This was by far the most toxic company I have ever worked for.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great honor working with YMCA, Reading people!
Excellent team, great people, kind, compassionate and caring. I have had a invaluable experience working together. I would highly recommend to challenge yourself and get an experience with young people at YMCA.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
I have worked here for 10 years so that should say something! I have met lots of people, been able to work in different departments and I also met my husband!
Amazing Staff and Supervisors
I absolutely loved working with all the staff and children at the YMCA Childcare centre. It is the best job I have ever had to date. I would work for them again in a heart beat. Everyone is friendly, kind, hard working, and supportive.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Amazing staff and environment to work in.
YMCA is like a second family.
They care and treat you as an individual.

There is so much support and understanding within the organisation. Going to work isn’t an effort when you work with such an amazing team.
Rewarding experience
As a support worker, I worked with disabled adults varying in age from early 30's to 60's. I would pick up clients and take them home on the bus. While at the Hove community centre we would engage in activities such as cooking, beading, singing and playing games.
We went on several out of centre activities such as ten pin bowling, lunch at the Bay and visited a garden at another community centre.

I enjoyed my role engaging in communication with the clients, serving them teas and coffees and generally trying to brighten up their day in a caring environment.
Great Place to Work!
The YMCA of Greater SJ is a awesome place to work, I will forever recommend people looking for employment to apply there. I worked there for a year and left due to wanting to focus in more specifically on my career goals and needed to do so at a different place of employment since what I want to do is not offered at the Y but I came back for the summer without any hesitation. I constantly talk about this organization and the amazing times I had working there.
Fun and High-Energy Workplace
Playing fooseball, basketball, and cards with the kids can make the job feel less like work. Good wage, but few hours in After-School. Very loud, high energy workplace, definitely not for those who prefer complete order or anyone with little patience. Best for retirees who are looking for a decent paying, but not very time consuming job to bump up their monthly budget, or students who are just looking for a job to help with finances. Lots of different roles and job opportunities available within the company.
Warning: jobs that deal directly with the children can be extremely stressful. Supervisors are generally very open to taking the employees comfort into account, though.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Average if you are bank staff.
I teresting challenges but if you have care responsibilities, other issues preventing you from working around their requirements, then it is unusual to get offered many hours if you are bank / or o zero hour contract. Be prepared to have a back up job to supplement your income.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The organisation is mainly focused on rents being paid not supporting people
More staff coming into the service with little or no experience of supporting people. Managers are on a much higher bracket of wages, so there is a huge pay gap. There is very little effective communication between teams of workers / projects. A culture of low working moral in the workplace.
Pro érvek
The residents are wonderful to work with
Kontra érvek
The organisation has become fractured
nasty staff members
culture of bullying, if your face fits its all good, if it doesnt it doesnt work out well. Would not recommend this job at all. very sad as the job should be a good one
Toxic!!!
I was employed at Nottingham city YMCA and I had to resign within 8 weeks due to bullying. A male staff member would harass me about my weight, shout in my face and pull nasty faces whilst others looked on laughing. It really was like being in the playground.
The pay is awful for the amount of work asked of me.

The manager conducted an investigation into a complaint without discussing it with the person whom had the complaint made about therefore increasing the toxic bullying culture.

I went in a confident and c happy woman, I left in tatters and felt destroyed.
The residents are great
Toxic staff
Munkahelyi kultúra
How can you run a project like this!
YMCA Cheltenham is not managed properly. Jobs are always put off to the last minute and the safety of staff and residents is not a priority. An accident waiting to happen. More staff come through this place than i have ever seen and no one knows whats happening. I would certainly not work here. Most enjoyable part of the day is going home. there is a shift system but new guys get the rough deal and the management literary do nothing but draw a wage.
Pro érvek
Free gym if you don't mind the unwashed residents
Kontra érvek
shifts, wage, management system, threats of violence, uncapped needle, dirty rooms the list goes on etc...
youth work
assessments, interviewing, one to one putting payments on Capita Support tenants with application forms, supporting them to get the correct money housing education training and employment.

about housing and the different systems involved

Management was supportive

Learning all the new systems

supporting the tenants
working with the tenants
Kontra érvek
The tenants not paying their rent
Fun, open and friendly
Was a place you could enjoy working, learning from others who are all from different walks of life. job was a good learning place and the company supported me throughout
3,0
Very Unpredictable
Be prepared to deal with residents displaying extreme challenging behaviour,whilst working on your own,this at times can be very stressful and can cause anxiety.
Pro érvek
Can pick and choose hours to work
Kontra érvek
Can work long unsociable hours
Loved my co-workers
good work environment, supervisor can be difficult to deal with. Has an idea of how they want things done and doesn't always communicate clearly and then gets upset when its not done.
understanding
too much paperwork
Munkahelyi kultúra
lacking within some services and does not look after staff
Many different areas to YMCA east surrey and some of which are managed well, others are poorly managed with little integrity such as the housing manager at Hillbrook House.
Pro érvek
YMCA as a whole is a good company
poor management at Hillbrook House
Amazing place to work
A typical day at work, I supported a young boy with a developmental disability during the summer. The most enjoyable part of this job is that you get to make a difference in people's lives.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed challenges in the workplace and new skills
Enjoyed the role working with residents and empowering people with making choices
Enjoyed working with supportive colleagues and management

Was left to work on my own initiative and trusted to do my job
Pro érvek
Enjoyed my employment here with great work colleagues
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés