Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Staff

Munkakör megnevezése
Staff44 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
44 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 673 értékelés megtekintése
Needs improvement
My experience was not very positive. I was seasonal and never felt like what I did or said made a difference with leadership. It was basically "we've always done it this way". All young inexperienced staff.
Kids.
Kontra érvek
Young inexperienced staff, immature leadership.
Easy and productive
I worked at an after school program through the YMCA. I watched school aged kids for about 3 hours a day after school. The program was very laid back, and for the most part we were able to keep the kids busy and entertained. It was a very laid back environment as long as everyone was pulling their weight and getting what had to be done, done.

I left because I felt that my concerns were not being addressed, and I had a hard time getting the bosses to listen and understand me. When I was listened to, I don't felt that I was appreciated for the effort I put into my job. I feel that I went above and beyond what was asked of me regularly and that was not recognized.
Pro érvek
relaxed and flexible hours, easy work, snacks
can be slow at times
Very Comfortable Atmostsphere
Felt very comfortable at YMCA . Manger and Staff member treated me with respect , felt very welcome . If I had any questions or concerns didn't feel uncomfortable in asking any questions . In all The YMCA Stuff and manger made the workplace also feel like a home .
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Had all the makings of a great place to work
Good pay, great benefits, but poor management. Expectations are very high for you but not high for management. Tend to pick and choose issues from day to day
good benefits
poor management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great company to work for
it is a great company to work for if you are looking for supplemental income where you can take your kiddos. the pay isn't the best and there aren't many hours, so it would be good for a student or someone looking for a little extra money.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Very great place to be.
Fun, exciting and up-beat place. Very enjoyable helping students and their families to excel in school and life. A very close-knit and family oriented culture.
Great-spirited people
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its an okay place. Got swimming pool, work out gym, play ground, lots of kids.
Just stick to your job. Your working with kids so be careful on what you say or do. Observe your surroundings and be aware and insight at all times. The place can get very hectic at times but if know whst your doing you'll be fine. Some of the staff and manegment people can be rude. 600$ every other week
Slow paced
Great starting point, but not much room for professional or self growth. Must know exactly what you want when you enter a position here or else you will end up wasting a lot of valuable time.
Great mission, poor execution
The YMCA is involved in countless wonderful community initiatives, and has very positive programs in place to address them. However, the culture of the place is lacking in support and passion. The Y has many growth opportunities.
productive environment
lots of things to learn it could have been better everywhere has its pros and cons it was a great experience with the variety of children and staff ..
Great Part Time Job
Good facilities and management. Very upbeat and positive environment for staff. Full time hours are rare. Not many places to move up. Lots of workplace freedom.
Munkahelyi kultúra
An enriching seasonal job, however unorganised
This job is best for those seeking something to do during the summer, a wonderful place to meet exciting new people and gain new life skills, the camp is like nothing else; nonetheless I found the leadership to be very unorganized and rife with miscommunication.
Supervisor
A typical day at the YMCA usually involves me and other supervisors being in charge of a certain group of kids each day. We usually start to arrive by lunch time. First we supervise our groups lunch time. Then, we go the gymnasium for some pays ed. And finally, we end the day with taking our group of kids for the day to the activities we were assigned to for the program. For me, it was arts and crafts. On fridays, we go on field trips and we went to places such as Battleship Cove and the Providence Childrens Museum.

I've learned how to be patient with children because a some of them were trouble makers. The hardest part of the job, like I said before, was dealing with the troublesome kids. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the other supervisors and the children.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A fun environment for young people to develop
A typical day at work consists of me and other staff members watching over children play games etc. While I was working, I developed more social skills and working with other people. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the other staff and I would work together and watch and play with the children. The YMCA is an organization that focuses on developing communities and young people which assists in the development of social skills etc.
Positive Environment
Stubborn Children
fun atmosphere
Managing kids and parents
A lot of energy involved

Team work is a must

I referee soccer games ages from 5 to 14

Beginners soccer lessons for ages from 5 to 14
Munkahelyi kultúra
productive very fun working with children
A day on the job at the YMCA was peaceful the kids gave you something to think about.

I learned how to adapt to the kids with there different likes and dislikes and learned how to manage and keep track of the amount of kids being watched over.

Management could of been a lot better in listening to staff and handling there staff different.

There was was not a hard part about the job

The most enjoyable day was watching the kids play together
1,0
great place to work
great place to work if you don't mind being harassed on a daily basis only to have HR do nothing about it. Lots of rumors and bs all around. Horrible place to work. Lots of staff turnaround.
Great
Very helpful staff and wonderful experience overall.
It consisted of enlightening tasks. A typical work day consisted of helping various people seeking employment. It is a very good center.
1,0
fun work place fieldtrip
interacting with the kids, how to control kids, co-works help when needed, getting the kids uncontrolled,
free lunch
health care
Skate Center Staff
Basic food and customer service as an entry level, first time employed opportunity.
Skate Center Staff
Performed basic food and customer service skills while working my first job.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés