Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Personal Trainer

Munkakör megnevezése
Personal Trainer512 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
512 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 534 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working at the YMCA. You get to meet new people every day and gain experience in helping them with their fitness goals. Although the YMCA of Montgomery Village has been closed for several years now my experience there was rewarding.
Pro érvek
Meeting new people on a daily basis
No job security
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work! The staff are genuine and amazing to work with. I love that I am able to change people's lives through wellness. Learned how to be more manageable with clients.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really dont have much to say, treated unfairly by senior management, even when I wanted to apply for a director position for Health and wellness I was told " I believe you dont qualify for the position" I wasnt even offered a interview for the person to determine if I qualified or not
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Zero career progression. No one cares about the well-being of the staff. Huge divide between full time and part time staff. Hours cut with no warning. Despite being a nonprofit, they only care about revenue and sales.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good time filler job, okay place to work if you don't need any real benefits or very many hours. It is difficult to procure full time hours with the YMCA.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Met great people and enjoy promotion of health for the community. The staff is very encouraging and their goal to have member share their the Y experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the Y was amazing, I loved so much training and helping with the children's area. Diversity and culture are very much a part of this company and no two YMCA's are the same. They always act as a family both between customers and co-workers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I work closely with members to help them reach their fitness goals. Positive work place and employees work together as a team to make sure members are satisfied.
Exercise with members
not enough hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to be. Little pay but very flexible hours. Many of the member are normally very respectful and nice. Everyone is very motivated about fitness.
Flexible hours
Little pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y is a great place to meet people who want to improve their health and fitness. If you are just getting into personal training it's a great place to start. The pay is not good and the management does not really value the job of the trainers but the members really appreciate it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a great company to work for if you don't mind low pay and not having a clue whats going on. there is no communication there. They are all about family
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoy my time as an employee and also a valued member of the Hogan Family YMCA. Unfortunately I cannot make a sustainable and consistent income there. The hardest part of the job is wanting to help people but not making enough to cover my expenses. I've definitely tried my best in the last five years, but it's time for me to look for other career opportunities.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoy my job here very much. Love working with the amazing clients and the staff is a family. Director and upper management are understanding of employee needs and are motivating to the staff.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work. Made many lifelong friends. I was with the y mostly as a part time worker. Wasn't many opportunities for full time positions. I would have welcomed an atmosphere were jobs weren't handed to friends of hiring managers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Wonderful place to work, lovely people.Very good place to work. It will provide you with skills to learn and grow.Typical day to work varies depending on the role you work in. No dull moments.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Shows extreme favoritism towards certain employees. Terrible communication between manager and staff PREJUDICE towards African Americans. Overall the worst job I ever had.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked as a gym instructor and personal trainer doing the fit for Life program with specialist populations and go referrals . This was during my sports science degree. This was really a wonderful experience as the staff were helpful and friendly. The experience was valuable and has given me good background and feedback in this line of work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Creation and Management of client programs.
Needs great time management if stringing multiple clients together.

Advises clients on important safety concerns and demonstrate exercises or maneuvers as needed.

Have a generalized understand of human physiology and a broad understanding of human movement and sports sciences and medicines.

CPR/AED and First Aid certified
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I began working at the YMCA management was fantastic. Turnover in management was high, and they became less and less competent as time went on. Personal trainers were in management, and they seemed comfortable poaching clients from strictly personal trainers.
Hours were not great, and they refuse to schedule you more than 21, I believe. Minimum wage is the most you will ever be paid as an employee.
Pro érvek
Free membership, good environment with clients
Kontra érvek
Poor management, low amount of hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA as a Trainer was a great time and everyone looked out for each other, which is something you don't always find when you work for a gym.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My job as a manager was stressful at times but fun also. Through this job, my networking skills increased which opened the door to many more job opportunities.