YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Lifeguard

976 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 20 797 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Great for students
LIFEGUARD/COUNSELOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Winder, GA2018, február 28.
I work there while attending college. i had a very flexible schedule and the people were geat to work with. it was a job indeed but it was very relaxed.
relaxed
salary
Munkahelyi kultúra
An adequate place to work.
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Woburn, MA2018, február 28.
In my particular branch, there were too many changes in staff and procedure to keep up with. Other than that, the pay was decent and the job wasn't too difficult.
Nice facility
Swim Instructor/Life Guard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsfield, MA2018, február 27.
I enjoyed working at the YMCA. A typical day was opening the pool at 6 am and leaving around an hour later to make it to school. Most of the Aquatics Directors I worked under were incredibly nice and supportive
not bad
Life guard/ swim instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Sumner, WA2018, február 21.
Don't have opportunity to upgrade position. no benefits for part time, no paid leave either. stressful. kept on high demand to do better but can be shut down when doing wrong.
pool
bad work staff
Wouldn't Recommend
Shreveport - Certified Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Shreveport, LA2018, február 21.
Drama. Drama. Do not work for the YMCA, they say they are all about "Christian principles" but rather they don't care about you. You will just be another number to them. There is no heart here.
Flexible hours, undervalued, satisfying
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Oregon, OH2018, február 21.
You can work as many as 25 hours or as little as four in a week. Shifts start as early as 5:15am and can go on to 10:00pm. You can control your schedule to have it be whatever you need.

I have only seen two rescues performed in my four years of experience here. There are not many emergencies, but it is our responsibility to save a life if needed. There is also the issue of the law. I am not exactly sure how it affects the lifeguard, but from what I have heard the lifeguard can be personally liable in a suit from a drowning victim's family. This is unlikely, but it could be devastating if it were to occur. The pay is minimum wage, except when you are working the earliest shift at $9 an hour, and because of the task required, potential messiness with the law, and certifications needed, the pay should be at least $9.75 in my opinion.

Overall, I am satisfied with this job. I work the earliest shifts usually where older people come to swim. They are pleasant and fun to converse with. It is a quiet time to carefully observe swimmers and minimize risk. I find this to be relaxing. Co-workers are more often than not pleasant with occasional stereotypical high-school personalities that can be annoying.
Not too bad
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bethlehem, PA2018, február 20.
YMCA is not a bad place to work as a teenager. The only thing that wasn't exactly fun was sitting in the pool for 3 hours basically by yourself and with the members. You could also only work 3 hours at a time.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
great job
LIFEGUARD (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rochester, NY2018, február 16.
I was there mainly to have a membership I ended up receiving the presidents award I loved the job but was deployed by the army but came back to work out there
family atmosphere
Kontra érvek
benefits
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Lifeguard Review
LIFEGUARD (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Jose, CA2018, február 16.
I was a lifeguard at the South Valley YMCA in San Jose, and I had a wonderful time working there. the patrons were plesant ( for the most part) and the staff is excellent and friendly. I always understood my duties, who does what,and how we all interacted on a job level.
Great Coworkers, Flexible Scheduling, Regular Breaks
Can be stressful, Snooty Members
Munkahelyi kultúra
good job. Needs better benefits.
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Twin Falls, ID2018, február 16.
It was a decent job, and I learned a lot in regards to first-aid and supervision, but it had little benefits and low pay for a job that saves lives. That being said, my coworkers and managers were all friendly and even tempered.
Discount membership
biweekly paychecks
ymca
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Pedro, CA2018, február 15.
My typical day at work is check in at the staff office. Then i take over someones shift and start working. Sit on my chair watch the pool and see that everyone's being safe. I learned that you have to trust everyone in your workplace and engage in helping the members. the management is average but you can learn to adapt. the workplace is fun and very enjoyable. the hardest part is dealing with members who don't follow the rules of the facility. The most enjoyable part is that i work with people and make friends with the other employees.
free membership
low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Wonderful environment and great management
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hopkinsville, KY2018, február 10.
I love my job here and would love to continue seasonal work for the summers to come. Lifeguarding has been an amazing job and I hope to keep working here.
Free lunches, discounts
Great High School or College Job
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Valley, NE2018, február 8.
Working at the YMCA was great, and I enjoyed the two years there very much and if I could I'd still be there. When you work at the YMCA you do help make a difference on both yourself and others.
Relaxed, Character Building, Great Co-Workers
NONE
water
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tempe, AZ2018, február 5.
It was a good time. The YMCA was a great place to work but I had some issues at first with working since it was like starting over with a whole new group in the aquatics area. The management team struggled a little bit when first starting but we got to the point where we worked it all out.
Great Place!
lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  White Bear Lake, MN2018, február 4.
I enjoy being apart of the work place within the YMCA. Everyone is friendly, and works well together. I think the staff is what makes the Y and the people are great! I am proud to be a YMCA staff member!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Positive work environment with friendly staff and members
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, február 2.
I LOVE this organization. It promotes not only a healthy lifestyle, but also a healthy mental lifestyle with the overwhelming kindness of the staff and members.
Nice place to work
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Louisville, KY2018, február 2.
Nice place to work
Good Environment
Great co-workers
Friendly
Most people there are easy to get along with.
Challenging work but in a positive way.
Good opportunity to meet new people.
Great work enviroment
Low wages
Decent
Lifeguard Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Peru, IL2018, február 1.
The job is fun, but management will fire over anything including deaths in the family. They ARE NOT a family oriented business! But it is fulfilling to help the patrons.
Inexperienced Manager
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kempsville, VA2018, február 1.
Poor management was definitely the most prevalent issue. An aquatics manger is expected to know how to preform life saving techniques, however during my time there i had to correct the manager at multiple in-services the correct way to preform CPR and First Aid. It was clear that they were not qualified to teach or run the in-services.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Terrible place with disorginized managment
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Saint Joseph, MI2018, január 30.
When I worked their as a lifeguard their is not much to do. You watch the pool, you clean, and you yell at people to not run. Me and many other workers kept complaining about certain employees not doing their job, skipping work, or just being rude. None of the management ever did anything about it.
Free membership
Kontra érvek
Terrible managment, also no breaks as a lifeguard.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van