Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Lifeguard

Munkakör megnevezése
Lifeguard1 489 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
1 489 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 049 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Rewarding workplace with pleasant staff and reasonable schedule
As a lifeguard the, it is expected that one maintains constant vigilance and keeps an eye on the customers to ensure their safety throughout the day. The schedules do change, so the management has to be prepared to call in substitutes, and people will look to you sometimes to fulfill that requirement. One must use their breaks to refresh themselves, and cannot leave suddenly in the middle of a shift, as it inconveniences those who also have schedules. Other than keeping watch over the customers, ones must be willing to maintain the overall condition of the pool
Good conditions
Kontra érvek
Some problems communication between coworkers and managers
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun environment, always busy with a lot to do
A typical day at work, as a lifeguard I would get about five customers who would give me a hard time. Management would often not schedule enough lifeguards and I would often have to stay late after my shift, or during the closing shift, management wouldn't schedule enough people to get all the cleaning done in the thirty minutes we had before the building closes.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A fun place to learn and grow
Overall a good place to work and has an amazing community around it. I've learned a lot in the way of customer service and how to work with others better. The management is great there, they do what they can for the employee. You feel like you're apart something. The job can feel repetitive and slow but you meet a lot of amazing people.
Friendly Co-workers and Manager
Overall the YMCA is a very friendly and safe environment. Everyone is very understanding and tries to be the best they can be. Pay as a lifeguard could be a little bit better because as a lifeguard you have a huge responsibility to make sure everyone stays safe.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good environment to work in
Being a lifeguard was my first job and I had a great time working there and it was a very good first experience, I would strongly suggest being a lifeguard at the YMCA
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love the people and environment. Management team works with you. Whenever you need coverage there is someone that will cover for you. Overall I have enjoyed the time that I have spent and people that I have interacted with.
Great summer job
It's a great summer job for teens to be able to build up teamwork experience. Everyone there from the workers to the patrons are very friendly and amazing people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and enjoyable work place
I have been working at the YMCA for almost 3 years. I enjoy talking with the patrons and helping solve any problems that arise. I enjoy working with different people depending on what shifts we are working.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great for high school or retired people
The YMCA is a great place to work if you don't need money. I work in the Aquatics department and we get paid above minimum wage, but the company is still non-for-profit and are not paid what we are worth. My co-workers have to work almost every day 7-10 hours a day just to make enough money to pay for rent and groceries. Most employees are young adults or retired people.
Flexible Scheduling
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, inconvenient policy hinder job function
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace where you can be outside
I enjoyed be able to work outside for the majority of the day. I was very pleased with my fellow co-workers and the customers. The work was fairly easy and not to demanding.
Free use of facilities
It’s just okay
I took this job excited to be a lifeguard and excited to work in a team. Instead, I got the pressure to make zero mistakes, constant anxiety of being tested at any random moment, and a team that talks badly behind your back when you are just trying your best. Word spreads, and it doesn’t help when your boss loves drama. For everything the YMCA promises, I am disappointed and might be leaving soon.
Good Hours, But Interesting Management
I am a busy person; because of this, many of the typical jobs to supplement my income are not an option for me. Due to this, lifeguarding provided me with a way to work odd hours while being able to do other activities and jobs within my everyday lifestyle. After being at the facility for some time, I noticed odd changes in the standard of management. Depending on the time of day, I found that employees are expected to uphold different standards or lack thereof. Although slightly bothersome, this inconsistency did not affect my work; however, I did feel as though it created tensions between employees and supervisors as a result.
It was ok
I didn't really enjoy my time at the Y as a lifeguard. Mostly because i was just staring at a pool for 3 hours but that a personal opinion. They some of the most flexible working hours I've ever experienced.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Easy job with easy going coworkers
This was a fun job for the time being, and I enjoyed working with management and coworkers. I think the compensation for a certified lifeguard should be more than a McDonald's employee.
The people up top
I'm not sure about other locations but the one I was involved in was a firy furnace almost 90% of the time. Yeah it was nice at first but then you realise that none of your employers care about your wellbeing and or any of your peers wellbeing. We literally had some one get injured in front of people, doing their job correctly, and the boss yelled at her and called her incompetent and stupid for there being an accident, not only did she have to fight for compensation but also they tried to blow it over like nothing happened.
The kids
Kontra érvek
Almost wanting to die every time i step into work
Munkahelyi kultúra
Met many great people and the job was satisfying
The North Valley YMCA had a very good staff to work with. Being a lifeguard was fun here especially with the great team to work with. Overall, a satisfying first job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun workplace that is positive and inclusive and provides an overall good work environment
A typical day is pretty chill and not chaotic at all. Ive learned many skills from this job that I am now able to apply in many different areas of my life. The mangement is usually pretty good.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive, safe and effective work environment.
I really enjoyed my employment at the YMCA. Daily work routines involved cleaning the pool with the help of equipment and training in order to secure the safety of patrons.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A fun work place and a good healthy enviorment
The typical day at the YMCA as a lifeguard would be setting up the umbrellas , making sure the pool and the pool deck is safe and making sure the people around are safe
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productivity and fun work place
There was always an activity to do and the environment was always positive and fun. Employers always worked together to figure out solutions and to make the environment more family-friendly.
Poor pay, poor management
Being a lifeguard at the YMCA is pretty miserable. The worst part is you get audited non stop by the front desk workers, who don't like you because you make more than them, and try and get you in trouble all the time.
Free membership
Miserable and boring work
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés