YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Lifeguard

1 355 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 27 002 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work as a lifeguard
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tennessee2019, július 6.
Great place to work as a lifeguard with very flexible hours and great management. Great part time job for those in between jobs, in high school, or in college.
An okay job
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  New Jersey2019, július 5.
The Y is a good place for high school students and retired people to work. As a college student, I don’t feel like the Y is benefiting me in anyway. They gave me no hours once I came back from school for the summer after I had contacted them multiple times with my availability and asking to work. They claimed they were understaffed so I was expecting to be called in more but nope. They waited a month and a half to give me shifts. They gave all the hours to another lifeguard that got written up and complained about almost every shift. Then I find out they payed me the least in the department after working there for 3 years compared to people who were working there for a way shorter time. Management has favorites and only offer opportunities to their favorites. So if your a favorite there, the Y is the place for you. I wasn’t a favorite because I didn’t kiss their behinds! It was an okay first job considering I was CPR/AED/First Aid certified. All YMCA’s are run different so this was just my experience at this YMCA.
Pro érvek
Flexible hours, meet different people
Kontra érvek
Bad management, bad pay, sometimes no break
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very relaxed job, however could be stressful at times.
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2019, július 3.
I worked as a lifeguard throughout high school, and this was my first job. Gained valuable life saving skills and was integrated into a friendly community of coworkers.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Bad management, great job with great coworkers.
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Worth, TX2019, július 1.
The manager plays favorites and constantly throws temper tantrums like a child. We have a group chat with all of her employees in it and she once removed herself from said group chat out of frustration. Will tell you you’re lazy or not working hard enough but then will ask if you would like a promotion. Huge lack of consistency. Favored male workers over females.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
2,0
Poor management
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Elgin, IL2019, július 1.
At this particular location, the job wasn’t bad by itself but the management was. My supervisor told me the hours were flexible but when they asked the hours I could work for a particular month, nothing that I asked for was on the schedule. I worked annoying hours and the pay was much less than other lifeguarding places nearby. On top of that, my supervisor was pretty ungrateful for the help they received from the lifeguards. I was sick 3 times suddenly before work, and when I called my supervisor to let them know I was sick and could not find someone to come in to work the hours, no one answered.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and stimulating work environment
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ellicott City, MD2019, június 26.
The job taught me a lot about working with others and coordinating group tasks. I learned valuable skills and was able to meet new people. I was taught the importance of discipline and was able to cultivate my social skills.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A good beginning workplace.
Lifeguard Coordinator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Cleveland, TN2019, június 26.
The ymca is a fantastic place to work at as a young adult, however as time progresses they cannot offer you more than a part time position. That is difficult in supporting the cost of living as an adult.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun, especially since you get to see many different people every day.
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fergus Falls, MN2019, június 25.
Working at the YMCA was a great experience for me, especially since I knew a lot of my co-workers. I got along with everyone there, and I had fun getting to know other people who came and swam while I was working. The job can be stressful, since you have to stay focused the entire time, but it is rewarding.
Pro érvek
Free food sometimes, quite a bit of downtime
Munkahelyi kultúra
Amazing staff and working conditions
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Goodyear, AZ2019, június 24.
Being a lifeguard was the most rewarding job with being the most advancing with my skills. Over my three year duration with the YMCA I took on many rolls; Camp counselor, after school care counselor, lifeguard, swim instructor, and many other positions. All these rolls had taught me responsibility, time management, vigilance and awareness. The staff and management always pushed for me to try and do my best. The encouragement from them made it an enjoyable and safe work environment for everyone.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work with great hours.
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Berkeley Heights, NJ2019, június 23.
The YMCA was a great place to work at as a lifeguard. The staff was able to enjoy the summer while also ensuring the safety of the customers. The hours were extremely flexible and you were able to block out certain dates if you were going on vacation or hgad a conflict.
Free YMCA membership, flexible hours
Short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Relaxed, slow paced until it isn't.
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Billings, MT2019, június 21.
The YMCA is a great place to work just graduating from high school or while in high school. They try to work around school hours and management is competent.
Great management in 2016
short breaks
Fun and productive workplace
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Middletown, OH2019, június 19.
Very interesting place to work. I have enjoyed my time here and I think it has helped me improve as a person. I have learned valuable skills that have helped me become better.
fun place to work
Life Guard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Superior, WI2019, június 19.
i really enjoyed working at the ymca and they helped me learn many new things and they helped me become a certified lifeguard and i would recommend this company to anyone who wants to work in a very friendly environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Slow paced days usually with very few busy days that would be some what stressful
Certified Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Elkton, MD2019, június 19.
Working as a lifeguard at the YMCA was slow paced on some days and others it would be stressful and busy. The rotation was 15 mins with a 15 min break, so on busy days you could be on the chair and rotating around the pool for 2 hrs with a 15 min break, or on slow days you could be sitting around for 45 mins before the rotation put you back on the bench. Great training and experience along with a personal physical upkeep with swimming.
Pro érvek
Allowed you to work on homework, Working during swim meets was an easy, busy days would be filled with enough staff, Helpful and friendly coworkers, Management was strict but friendly and fair, Great costumer service learning
Kontra érvek
Scheduling issues, Some days were over staffed, Some days were understaffed
A typical job
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Maryland farms ymca2019, június 18.
Everyday when you go in to work you need to clock in to have Register for the hour you Specifically you are scheduled to work, when you are the only one that gets in early you need to check the area to see if everything is good. The hardest part is that you need to keep looking for anything because you might might not know what could happen at that time!!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work, but inconsistent staffing and management
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tulsa, OK2019, június 14.
The YMCA has a great community. However, the management was changed too frequently which led to a lot of problems. Also the environment is not as professional as I would like it to be.
Decent breaks
Hours
Fun Workplace in pool area
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rockford, IL2019, június 13.
I worked in the pool as a lifeguard, so my interview process was about two weeks before I got the job. During that two weeks, I was taking the lifeguard course, which included CPR/AED, BLS, and First Aid. The course was free if applying to the Y. The workplace itself was usually very nice. Coworkers were nice, patrons were usually nice, and everyone working was always prepared to respond to an emergency.
rare breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
A great community and a great place to get involved in various ways
Lifeguard / Lifeguard Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Virginia2019, június 12.
Overall experience has been good. Pay is good starting off for a part-time entry level job, but promotion and advancement is sometimes difficult and can end up not being worth the pay increase.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great for a first job or a side source of income
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Farmington Hills, MI2019, június 12.
Wonderful Coworkers however you must be on constant alert while on the job otherwise it could cost you your job if you aren't. Flexible Hours year round except for summer.
Easy Tasks, Lots of Breaks
Kontra érvek
Minimal pay, Constant alertness and paranoia
Different
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Ionia, MI2019, június 11.
I get scheduled to work at different times of the day, so I end up communicating with different types of people. Its never really the same thin g everyday.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van