Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Lifeguard

Munkakör megnevezése
Lifeguard1 501 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
1 501 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 217 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a lifeguard the, it is expected that one maintains constant vigilance and keeps an eye on the customers to ensure their safety throughout the day. The schedules do change, so the management has to be prepared to call in substitutes, and people will look to you sometimes to fulfill that requirement. One must use their breaks to refresh themselves, and cannot leave suddenly in the middle of a shift, as it inconveniences those who also have schedules. Other than keeping watch over the customers, ones must be willing to maintain the overall condition of the pool
Pro érvek
Good conditions
Kontra érvek
Some problems communication between coworkers and managers
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA is an amazing place to work, everyone is super nice and respectful. The managers are very caring and helpful. I have to say it is the best job experience I have had.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a great place to work they wear flexible with my hours due it was my second jobs. The manager at the time was awesome to work with and the staff were fun to work with
Munkahelyi kultúra
Being a lifeguard is a fun and interesting job, however you cannot be sleeping on the job nor can you come to work feeling 50% awake. This job requires you to be very alert and patient.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a very disorganized place to work and/or be a member. There is a serious lack in communication between employees, members, and the management.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working as a life guard here. both the staff and the regulars where very nice. our weekly in services kept us all in shape as well as the life guarding competitions between the different districts.
Munkahelyi kultúra
All of the staff of very friendly and are always helpful. Training is provided to anyone who wants to work with no prior experience. Definitely a great company.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a decent job if you are a lifeguard. If you are brand new to lifeguarding then I don’t recommend the YMCA at all. Instead go to the YWCA, the pay sucks and there is only 1 guard on duty at a time but it gives you real life training that you won’t find anywhere else
Munkahelyi kultúra
i enjoy working at the Ashtabula YMCA but the management could be better. my boss does not really answer me back when i text her about schedule and the hours i can and can't work.
Pro érvek
meeting new people, seeing people being happy
Kontra érvek
no breaks, cant get a hold of anyone, only one lifeguard on shift at a time
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a great work environment and everyone there is super friendly, I loved working there as it was the best job experience I’ve ever had at a company. I got treated fairly and I loved my coworkers. Be on time, Be helpful, Be friendly, Be responsible, Be respectful, and you’ll fit in just fine.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is horribly exploitative of its workers. I was a lifeguard and would often work 5 hour shifts with no break or human interaction. They seldom checked on you and management is awful at communication.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Although working there, there were hiccups with my schedule, it is a great place in general to be at because of variety of things they have going on there. If there isn't a event going on, there is a basketball court, swimming pools, sauna, weight room, tennis court, indoor track, and a game room. So many things in one building you could never be bored.
While working there, I'd have to say the hardest thing about being a lifeguard was being in a 80°-90° room for 5 hours. Best thing about working there was seeing people come in that I haven't seen in years and chatting on my breaks or before/after work. Almost all the people I worked with were great, it was easy to communicate with them and work with them.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working at the YMCA because everyone on staff was so nice and so willing to help and answer questions. I also enjoyed becoming a familiar face to the Y guests.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lifeguarding is a lot of fun and you learn valuable skills. At times the job can be very exhausting as most of the time we don’t have very good shift coverage
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a family and I love the fact that I am still able to work there. I recommend anyone who cares about having a good work culture / very understanding bosses to apply here.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA was a good place to be but the management is not good. I worked every morning at 5 am and my manager randomly kept taking me off of the schedule for no reason.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Amazing atmosphere. Nice employees and managers. Everyone is working for the samething. Great opportunity. Everyone is willing to work together to get what needs to be done.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My manager would always show up late and would give us a list of things to do and I would always have them done and i would also do her things fpr.her before she got.there and didnt show a lot of appreciation for her employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to be at co workers are great to work with everyone is super friendly

Schedule is flexible

Members are great to serve

Has a great work/family balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at the YMCA for a number of summers when I was still in high school. The company was really good at modifying hours on a moment's notice to help with my busy schedule.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a nice place to work at and I have had so much fun working here and love all of the people that I work with. I have learned so much from working in the Aquatics Department. The YMCA however does have its downfalls. The upper management is not always the greatest and they tend to be people pleasers. There have been quite a few times where I have felt I was in danger of losing my job due to myself enforcing the policies and procedures that we had in place for safety and legal reasons, and management always siding with the members for what came off as financial reasons. Don't get me wrong, a business is a business, and I fully support businesses making money. What I don't support is businesses portraying an all inclusive environment only to turn around and scold you for doing your job. I am not the only one that this has happened to. Other than that, a good job to have.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés