YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Lifeguard

806 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work with great workers
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Charlotte, NC2017, szeptember 21.
The workday is pretty full that can vary from one hour to over 8 hours. The people are great to work with as a team and build a strong connection with other people. The best part is getting to interact with different members and make the experience enjoyable.
Job flexibility
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lakeland, FL2017, szeptember 21.
A typical day at the YMCA was definitely different from the last. New faces would come through the door and make a persons day. This was one of the major things I learned from this job, how to interact with different types of people. It was also the part I loved the most. From teaching swim lessons to the kids to answering questions ask by the average member, all of this was so fun for me. But like every job there is always hard parts. The hardest part of the job was consistently being alert. If you are personally having a bad day, that had to be left outside when you arrived at work. Overall the YMCA is a great first job to any high school student.
Ymca
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sahuarita, AZ2017, szeptember 16.
They were a good choice for my first job. Being a lifeguard has really taught me to pay attention to certain details that could and are easily overlooked a lot. The management was alright, my bosses wouldn't really answer me if I had a certain question, or they would double back on a situation and "forget" certain things were said/ approved if it was inconvenient for them. A typical day at work
consisted of being out in the heat and watching kids swim/be taught how to swim.I say the hardest part of the job was constantly having to be alert and aware of what was going on around of me. The most enjoyable part was being able to see the final results of the kids and getting to know my co-workers.
Good work environment
Short breaks
good place to work
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Charleston, WV2017, szeptember 13.
loved every body there its a fun yet boring at time if your not a kid person this job is not for you it can be a rush when you save someone training was done well and professionaly
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
safe place
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Alliance, OH2017, szeptember 13.
great learning experience for being my first job, customer service and getting to know the members and how to handle different social situations. Different every day
short shifts
no benefits
Lifegaurd Life
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Nashville, TN2017, szeptember 13.
Lifeguarding was a good first job to have to get through high school and college. I found it was little room for advancement. The pay isn't very high but I enjoyed my job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a good place to work
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Phoenixville, PA2017, szeptember 12.
Fun, well rounded place to work. The staff is very close knit and makes you feel like your part of a family. Give you a strong sense of contributing to your community.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Difficult to enjoy employment as a lifeguard
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Goodyear, AZ2017, szeptember 10.
The YMCA does not offer much help toward its employees. Many rotations consist of being an hour up and receiving 15 minutes to relax. The aquatics manager was always very understanding of our lifeguards' needs. However, the higher management was always rude, inconsiderate, and ready to put the blame on us. All lifeguards were treated as lowest on the totem pole with no support.
Kontra érvek
management, environment, lack of support
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
lifeguard
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Suffolk, VA2017, szeptember 9.
watching people swim making sure everyone is safe in the water ....checking the pool chemicals making sure the pool is clean ..the manager was great friendly
Nice pool
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Camarillo, CA2017, szeptember 7.
This company had a great staff and is a very healthy working environment! They have nice workout facilities with basketball courts and also a very nice swimming pool.
It was alright
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2017, szeptember 4.
I personally didn't mind working here, but if you're looking for an environment to equip you to further advance in the company just know that they play favorites pretty intensely.
Free membership
Management isn't good
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Relaxed but also fast-paced
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  White Bear Lake, MN2017, szeptember 3.
I loved working at the YMCA, the people at my site were wonderful and always willing to help out with whatever needed to be done. The workers also has excellent communication skills.
Free Membership
It was ok
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2017, szeptember 3.
Working at the YMCA was a good experience. I enjoyed all of my co-workers through my experiences at all of the pools i have worked at. The upper management need a little bit of improvement.
very high paced
Sequim - Lead Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sequim, WA2017, szeptember 2.
very high paced work place. normal day consisted of cleaning pool deck and maintaining daily operations around the pool. lots of clients and lots of regular faces.
Munkahelyi kultúra
super awesome workplace with amazing community and excellent management
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Rochester, PA2017, augusztus 31.
Guarding is fun the community at the Y is amazing and Yancy, the aquatics director is amazing. fun place to work awesome experience. Also you get a Y membership so you can use the Y facilities whenever you want.
Pro érvek
every hour guarding is a half hour break
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and layed back place to work
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Clearfield, PA2017, augusztus 30.
I had only amazing experiences at the Clearfield YMCA. Now being in the healthcare field it was time for me to move on and further my career. My supervisor always made sure I had what I needed. I was never treated poorly and if I was unsure of something, I was never afraid to ask for help. Everyone is so welcoming and will mostly give you what you want unless already discussed. I would recommend this institution to anybody for a first job or even a life long job.
Discounts
No breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
bad management but fun people
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Janesville, WI2017, augusztus 30.
Management is horrible, I was a member for over 23 years and I also was employed at the YMCA. I maybe talked to the new CEO once and he is not friendly what so ever to staff and members. However it is a great starting job for high school students.
Nice
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Forest City, IA2017, augusztus 28.
very relaxed as a lifeguard I enjoy working in a fast paced environment. it got very hot in the room with a sauna and hot tub in the swim area. It was overall a good job I enjoyed the staff and members were always friendly.
Confusing and Not managed well
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Avon, OH2017, augusztus 28.
Typically it was a three guard rotation between two pools where the "of duty guard" was responsible for pool maintenance but often was under staffed and breaks were confusing. Former manager was hardly present but staff changes had undergone quite recently to my leaving. I was left with a lot of guess work that eventually allowed me to know procedure pretty well. I also had a lot of interaction with members which helped me learn costumer service.
Free membership, learning expirence
Not a lot of direction
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Bend, WI2017, augusztus 26.
Worked around 4 hours a shift. Not a lot of hours. Management was great. Sometimes stressful knowing peoples lives are in your hands. Great way to make new friends.

Átfogó minősítés