YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Lifeguard

1 128 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 23 212 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
volunteer assistant lifeguard
Lifeguard Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Torrance, CA2018, szeptember 12.
typical day involves monitoring pool pH levels
getting my EMT training license for two years
cleaning the pool area and making sure the facility was being used properly
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Worst Job Experience of my Life.
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Whittier, CA2018, szeptember 9.
The only good thing about this place were the fellow guards. Everything else was awful. Management was terrible. Pay was abysmal. If you tried to patrol on deck, you would be harassed and heckled for "Turning your back on members," when there would be another lifeguard able to watch said members. We were constantly understaffed, leaving our scanning zones way too large and giving us a massive delayed reaction time. No one was allowed to sit in the tower unless there were 3 guards, which hardly happened. You were hardly even allowed to sit down in general, and if you did, again you were heckled and harassed by management or the swim instructors. We were never informed of where our trauma bag was, nor what our EAP (Emergency Action Plan) would be. Since we weren't allowed to patrol, there was never any way to tell if a member on the other side of the pool was passively drowning or had hurt themselves. Sometimes we were so understaffed Swim Instructors had to come out and guard and jump back in the water once their class had come, leaving only one guard (often myself) to guard the entire pool, along with the spa and therapy pool. We were never given rotations, so often you would be left standing in one spot for up to 3 or 4 hours before someone would ask if you wanted to switch spots. If you tried to take a 15 or 30 minute break after 3-6 hours of work that wouldn't be possible, since we were so poorly staffed and needed the guards to watch the pool. Ego ran high amongst some in management, and often you felt threatened and intimidated by those in management. Sometimes management  több... was nowhere to be found, and we would never be told about when things such as Family Swim or Lane Swim would be occuring, we would just be told randomly. Overall my experience working as Lifeguard at the YMCA was horrendous and I would never have anyone suffer the tortuous summer I went through. The idea that anyone would want to make a career out of this place boggles the mind.  kevesebb
Good fellow Guards.
Kontra érvek
Terrible management, understaffed, horrible efficiency.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Fun workplace
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  McCook, NE2018, szeptember 9.
We always had fun with swimming lessons! It was all good, watching kids swim, making sure no one drown. The people are nice and it was just a great place altogether!
Relaxing
Coworkers could be rude
Munkahelyi kultúra
Bad experience my last 6 months working there.
Trained to be Lifeguard certified (Volt alkalmazott) –  Missoula, MT2018, szeptember 8.
Overall the YMCA is a good first job to have but I do not recommend staying for too long. My boss was very passive-aggressive and that alone was rough to handle. I have had many experiences dealing with management yelling at me or discriminating me for my age. The only time I enjoyed working there was closing and weekends because no management were present. I quit because I was done being talked down too and disreguarded.
free membership
management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun, safe, and straightforward job
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Horsham, PA2018, szeptember 7.
I would enter usually 15 minutes early to clock in through my fingerprint. Grab my equipment and take the stand once my shift started. We would rotate throughout the shift and monitor chemical levels. Management was great and very supportive. The hardest part of the job was the test of dangerous situations and how I can help. The most enjoyable part was all my coworkers were very nice and no workplace drama.
Free gym membership
Small shifts
Good part time job
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Waynesboro, PA2018, szeptember 6.
Overall experience of the YMCA was a good one. They were very flexible with hours. Management was good with communication. The team was supportive and hardworking.
Flexible
No benefits
There really good
o Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Cambridge, ON2018, szeptember 6.
The Ymca has a very supportive staff. All stuff model the YMCA core values and have fun with patrons. Being part of the aquatic fitness division i have notice a strong willingness to take part in extra activities appart from of the job. Its definitely a great place to work
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Good place
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Marion, OH2018, szeptember 4.
Its a nice place to work. A very relaxed place everyone is friendly. You do get a free membership with employment which is very nice since you don't make much when it comes to pay.
Ymca
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, augusztus 31.
Working for the YMCA is super fun! The pay is not great. Because the facilities support the community, there's not much opportunity for salary advancement.
Good place for students
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Saratoga Springs, NY2018, augusztus 30.
This is a good place for students in high school or college. They have flexible hours and shifts for young people. It is also a good place for adults who are looking for a full time job, if you are lucky enough that one opens up (upstairs). However, it is clear that the money at this nonprofit stays at the top and does not trickle down to part time employees. After being there for over 5 years I now make more in a retail store that I have been at for about a year, that does not require much effort, whereas at the YMCA I am in charge of people's lives, their children, and am required to attend multiple mandatory meetings and trainings a year, with no significant pay increase over the 5+ years I have been there.
Free membership
low pay
Job
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Easton PA2018, augusztus 29.
Its was an ok job I feel that I need a new setting and new job. Dont get me wrong the place was a lot of fun and I made a lot of new friends but I need a new job
Fun, active, competitive workplace
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, augusztus 29.
This particular location is quite large and had as many as 14 lifeguards on duty at a time, between the two pools in the complex. The managers and swim directors ran a tight ship which was quite impressive, but still allowed the place to be enjoyable to work in.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Low management was good, higher up now not so much
Lead Life Guard, Camp Counselor, Referee (Volt alkalmazott) –  Milford, MI 483802018, augusztus 26.
I enjoyed my co workers the most at the ymca. Everyone was nice and cool. There was one higher up that i had my issues with but other than that everything was okay. it was a good high school kid job. there is barley any room for growth or raises. dont work here if you want to make a lot of money, because you wont
Pro érvek
cool co workers, positive environment
low pay
Fun first job
LIFEGUARD (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, augusztus 22.
I had a great time working at the Y. I would come to work and there were very clear expectations of what I needed to get done in terms of chores and responsibilities. I learned a lot with this job, for instance, how to show up on time, how to respect my coworkers and how to be responsible for my own chores. The management was alright, but was not the best. There was very little room to get promotions or raises in my experience, however my male coworkers would beg to differ. There were very little difficult duties at my job, but the hardest part was keeping up on my life saving skills. The rest was pretty easy going.
nice coworkers, short shifts
Kontra érvek
little room for promotions, very hot
fun place for family
Life guard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Midland, MI2018, augusztus 21.
there was always something going on for family to enjoy for free and had a a lot of classes to help students and struggling teen and adults. the environment was clean and the equipment was new
free workout and swimming
lazy workers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good experience and good pay for part time
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lowell, MA2018, augusztus 21.
A typical day includes watching over between 0 and 30 people at one of a number of sites in the area. You must interact with the public, keep a cool head at all times, and be constantly aware of your surroundings and the people in the water.
Teaches emergency preparedness skills and how to deal with stress on the job.
A relaxed approach to management and you can set your own work hours to work around your schedule.
People are friendly, cooperative, and are often willing to work with you when it comes to swapping shifts.
You need to be able to keep a cool head even with people yelling at you and still keep an eye on swimmers.
The staff are excellent and enjoyable to be around.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Safe environment that promotes self- growth
Lifeguard/ Aquatics Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brighton, MA2018, augusztus 19.
Working at a YMCA provides a way to give back to your community and build relationships with fellow employees, members and donors. As a lifeguard I knew how to be vigilant and assess potentially hazardous situations efficiently and affectively. As stress comes with any job, the most difficult part of lifeguarding is taking blame for things that lifeguards are not responsible for; such as instructors not showing up to teach lessons; closing the pool because of contamination, etc.
free gym membership
Kontra érvek
staff members not showing up for their shifts with no communication
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great part time job for students
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Greensboro, NC2018, augusztus 16.
I worked here throughout high school and college and it provides extreme flexibility with decent pay for a lifeguard. Management is great and relocation for school is easy.
difficult work enviroment
Lead Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sammamish, WA2018, augusztus 13.
Working here was great so long as you worked opposite the boss and had a take-charge attitude. They were notorious for pushing people around in order for self-promotion. Even going so far as breaking laws in order to look good to upper management.
loved the clients
management
The ymca
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Andover, KS2018, augusztus 13.
Great place to work at but doesn't have enough employees. You have long hours and never allowed overtime. Always down lifeguards. You have to learn more on the job. You take a 36 hour training class then after that you never work on it again. You get audited a lot and most of the time it's the same procedure every time so it's easy to memerziod.
Great facilities, Good Patrons, lots of experience
Pay, coworkers, hours
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van