Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Lifeguard

Munkakör megnevezése
Lifeguard1 486 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
1 486 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 025 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Rewarding workplace with pleasant staff and reasonable schedule
As a lifeguard the, it is expected that one maintains constant vigilance and keeps an eye on the customers to ensure their safety throughout the day. The schedules do change, so the management has to be prepared to call in substitutes, and people will look to you sometimes to fulfill that requirement. One must use their breaks to refresh themselves, and cannot leave suddenly in the middle of a shift, as it inconveniences those who also have schedules. Other than keeping watch over the customers, ones must be willing to maintain the overall condition of the pool
Pro érvek
Good conditions
Kontra érvek
Some problems communication between coworkers and managers
Fun workplace
The people who you worked with really made this place special. The management has changed quite a lot over the years. And the management doesn't really listen to their co-workers at all. This is a good stepping-stone place for first time Lifeguards/Instructors.
Good Job
Good Job to have especially during the summer. Really fun atmosphere. Not much else to say I never really had any problems. Good benefits . etc.
productive, affective, and safe
a very smooth and safe place, a lot of eyes and communication on the pool deck and everywhere throughout the facility. Wokers are always busy and are always finding ways to make the pool that much better.
Very friendly
Very friendly and kind people. Very flexible! Great for people with other responsibilities than work. Management is awesome! Work is very rewarding. Free membership.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Complex Work Environment
Working at the YMCA as a lifeguard is a unique experience. Most of the members are respectful, however some are rude and unappreciative. Management is lacking and rude to employees.
Fun
I was very scared at first but it ended up not being so bad I liked it a lot and didn’t wanna leave but I just wasn’t getting the hours and enough pay but overall it was fun and they are very respectful and responsible
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and healthy workplace that gives everyone the opportunity to have a safe and healthy expierence.
A typical workday for me includes cleaning and supervising those who choose to come to the pool at the YMCA. I usually arrive at work at 2 pm and leave around 6 pm.
Munkahelyi kultúra
very good place to work!
YMCA is an amazing place to work, everyone is super nice and respectful. The managers are very caring and helpful. I have to say it is the best job experience I have had.
Great place
It was a great place to work they wear flexible with my hours due it was my second jobs. The manager at the time was awesome to work with and the staff were fun to work with
No sleeping on the job
Being a lifeguard is a fun and interesting job, however you cannot be sleeping on the job nor can you come to work feeling 50% awake. This job requires you to be very alert and patient.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is very high strung and difficult.
This is a very disorganized place to work and/or be a member. There is a serious lack in communication between employees, members, and the management.
Great work family
I loved working as a life guard here. both the staff and the regulars where very nice. our weekly in services kept us all in shape as well as the life guarding competitions between the different districts.
Great Place to Work!
All of the staff of very friendly and are always helpful. Training is provided to anyone who wants to work with no prior experience. Definitely a great company.
It was decent
This is a decent job if you are a lifeguard. If you are brand new to lifeguarding then I don’t recommend the YMCA at all. Instead go to the YWCA, the pay sucks and there is only 1 guard on duty at a time but it gives you real life training that you won’t find anywhere else
pretty fun work place
i enjoy working at the Ashtabula YMCA but the management could be better. my boss does not really answer me back when i text her about schedule and the hours i can and can't work.
Pro érvek
meeting new people, seeing people being happy
Kontra érvek
no breaks, cant get a hold of anyone, only one lifeguard on shift at a time
My Experience working at The Y
It is a great work environment and everyone there is super friendly, I loved working there as it was the best job experience I’ve ever had at a company. I got treated fairly and I loved my coworkers. Be on time, Be helpful, Be friendly, Be responsible, Be respectful, and you’ll fit in just fine.
2,0
Horrible
The YMCA is horribly exploitative of its workers. I was a lifeguard and would often work 5 hour shifts with no break or human interaction. They seldom checked on you and management is awful at communication.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lots of events/fundraisers, reaching out to the community
Although working there, there were hiccups with my schedule, it is a great place in general to be at because of variety of things they have going on there. If there isn't a event going on, there is a basketball court, swimming pools, sauna, weight room, tennis court, indoor track, and a game room. So many things in one building you could never be bored.
While working there, I'd have to say the hardest thing about being a lifeguard was being in a 80°-90° room for 5 hours. Best thing about working there was seeing people come in that I haven't seen in years and chatting on my breaks or before/after work. Almost all the people I worked with were great, it was easy to communicate with them and work with them.
Fun and Friendly Workplace
I enjoyed working at the YMCA because everyone on staff was so nice and so willing to help and answer questions. I also enjoyed becoming a familiar face to the Y guests.
Aberage
Lifeguarding is a lot of fun and you learn valuable skills. At times the job can be very exhausting as most of the time we don’t have very good shift coverage
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés