YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Lifeguard

804 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lifeguard (PT) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Glen Allen, VA2017, november 12.
I've enjoyed working here. The job is fun overall. The salary is not the best but it is acceptable and comparable for the job being done. The Y has good values that it stands for. The staff is great as well as most of the members.
Each experience different
Deck Manager, Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Virginia Beach, VA2017, november 10.
I personally have had both good and bad experiences working with this particular YMCA. Honestly, it all just depends on who is above you. For the most part, we are pretty laid back, but we can spring into action at a moment's notice.
alright
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dallas2017, november 9.
It was really busy, not enough decent employees. Had to work many hours, the work was very grueling, and it was always really hot. I learned how to lifeguard and keep people safe around the pool area.
Friendly but unmanaged
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Eau Claire, WI2017, november 9.
The YMCA is filled with great people to work with, but finding someone to take shifts was awful. The scheduling was horrible and breaks were a problem. The break room seats were uncomfortable as well.
Friendly Staff
Breaks, scheduling
fun ad nice members
Lifeguard regular time (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Marietta, GA2017, november 8.
job can be productive depending on the department you work in. in my department (which is aquatics) there is not much to do in order to be productive which is what makes the job hard.
Pro érvek
meeting cool members and making connections
Kontra érvek
no lunch, breaks, and not being able to stay productive in the aquatics department.
Family-friendly environment
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2017, november 8.
Would love to go back but only as part time they don't pay enough for full time work. Although i do miss the free family gym membership (2 adults/2-3 kids).
boring
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Trinity, NC2017, november 7.
If you want a job where you're doing something, don't look at the YMCA.this job will suck the life out of you and make you want to leave. I don't do anything at my job but sit behind a deck on my phone for hours on end.
Life-guarding
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Las Vegas, NV2017, november 6.
Life-guarding at the YMCA was awesome! I met a lot of different people and learned a different way to perform customer service than I was once accustomed to as a retail associate. I saved one small child from drowning and assisted in a child's injury that required medical personnel.
Ymca
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hickory, NC2017, november 6.
The YMCA is a different environment at every location. My location was a nice and fun environment where the head managers took the time to get to know everyone even the temporary employees.
Work Day
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Boca Raton, FL2017, november 6.
Depending on the time a year, work would be fast and slow. When it was summer the pools were packed with young kids from camp. You always had to be alert and focused. When summer was over it was no where near as packed. It was hard to watch every kid at once. It was a nice feeling when you would save someone in distress.
lifeguard
Lifeguard/Maintenance (Volt alkalmazott) –  Toms River, NJ2017, november 2.
Pool set up,
Daily workouts
Daily briefing
Water conditions
Inspect equipment
Enjoy educating swimmers on the importance of water safety
At the end of a day maintained a safe and enjoyable pool
enjoyable
need advancement
Review summary
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  New Jersey2017, november 2.
Like everyone says you don’t work a day in your life if you like your job. Well I worked everyday of my life. It was very boring there was nothing to do.
It’s still money
Going to work
Munkahelyi kultúra
High-stress but fun experiennce with multiple tasks
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Mosinee, WI2017, október 30.
I loved working at the YMCA. My job included Lifeguarding, office work, teaching swimming lessons, and housekeeping tasks. I would work after school, weekends. During the summer, I would work from opening to closing. I gained many skills including being observant, instructing, and working with others in high-stress situations.
Pro érvek
Great work relationships, positive environment
Kontra érvek
Long hours on deck, heat during the summer
Okay for a starter
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Logansport, IN2017, október 30.
I worked here as a lifeguard part time while in highschool. Day to day functions involved keeping track of how many people used the pool during my shift and chemical levels, as well as inforcing pool rules and keeping it a safe enviroment. Typically I may just sit around while a fitness class is going on in the pool. Open swims were busier, where I would need to keep a close eye on everyone. No running, no flips off the diving board, etc. Every now and then I would have a problem with a kid who refused to follow rules and I would sit them out or on rare occassions have to kick one out for the day. Mostly it was pretty relaxed. I did feel underpaid considering my job required training and certification in lifeguarding, first aid, and CPR.
Relaxed
Kontra érvek
Sometimes stressful, low pay for a lifeguard
Very calm relaxed enviorment
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Akron, OH2017, október 30.
Guarding watching swimmers all day ensuring there safety. Barely ever on your feet. Great certificate to have incase of any emergency. If you want to pursue a life guarding career, do it here.
Family Oriented and Fun enviroment
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Stuart, FL2017, október 28.
I have learned a lot about chemicals in a pool and how to manage them. I have also learned a lot of first responder skills as a lifeguard. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know the guests and building relationships with other lifeguards.
Not stressful
Munkahelyi kultúra
Relaxed and structured work environment
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lexington, KY2017, október 27.
Monitor pool activities to ensure safety

Perform rescues as needed

Keep pool area clean, and monitor pool chemicals to ensure proper chlorine and pH balance.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Relaxed and Hectic at the same time
LIFEGUARD (Volt alkalmazott) –  Redding, CA2017, október 26.
Working as a lifeguard at the YMCA can be either very relaxing or extremely stressful. There are times when there are only a couple people in the pool and then there are times when there are thirty or more people in the pool. You learn very quickly how to stay aware of your surroundings and how to prevent injury or unhappiness in the members.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and relaxing place to work at
Life Guard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hillsboro, OH2017, október 24.
At my life guard job I got to react with many different types of people and ages. It was a relaxing and a fun job. I also liked how I had to get certain certifications for the job.
4 hour shift
No breaks
Great work place
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bixby, OK2017, október 22.
So this job is great but the pay is not fantastic but you do get a free membership. You have to continue to go to trainings so get used to that. Overall I had a great boss but that does not mean at any YMCA you will.

Átfogó minősítés