Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Lifeguard

Munkakör megnevezése
Lifeguard1 489 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
1 489 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 046 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Rewarding workplace with pleasant staff and reasonable schedule
As a lifeguard the, it is expected that one maintains constant vigilance and keeps an eye on the customers to ensure their safety throughout the day. The schedules do change, so the management has to be prepared to call in substitutes, and people will look to you sometimes to fulfill that requirement. One must use their breaks to refresh themselves, and cannot leave suddenly in the middle of a shift, as it inconveniences those who also have schedules. Other than keeping watch over the customers, ones must be willing to maintain the overall condition of the pool
Good conditions
Kontra érvek
Some problems communication between coworkers and managers
Very good
Great place to work.
Love the team work.

Great company and doing

lots of good for the Community.

Great place for family's.

Very clean and welcoming.
Great work environment.
Kontra érvek
Not always feeling challenged enough.
Its okay
The only thing I would like see change is how much lifegaurds make, I make 9.65 an hour, and non of the gaurd work more than 20 hours a week, I can just barely keep up with my rent and have just a little bit left on groceries, but other than that the YMCA is a great job, the supervisors are amazing they can work with you for school it pretty amazing.
n/a
It is a great environment to work in. Very family friendly. Employers hear your needs. There is some room for growth. Would recommend lifeguarding to college students.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great staff, fun place to work
Fun place to work, the staff is awesome. Lots of breaks and overall a great community. Never a boring shift since I started working there, I always manage to have fun.
Lots of breaks
Kontra érvek
Breaks depend on the amount of people in the pool
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management was great!
Everyone was easy to get along with. I looked forward to working every shift. The hours were really flexible which was great for a high school student! My only trouble was being able to get to the Sunday inservice (to refresher our skills) due to church activities.
Close knit work environment
Overall good experience. Part-time employment is okay but hours and available working hours can be difficult to get. Low staff at times also stretches hours for other employees.
Great job
I was a lifeguard and swim coach on and of for 8 years throughout high school and college. It is a great place to start off working if you are young . I would recommend the Y to everyone.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
I like working here, very flexible. Welcoming to customers. They know how to treat employees and customers. The pay is great! Especially for teenagers! Totally recommend this job for 16-18 years for a first job.
2,0
Not great
Not much room to advance in the company
Supervisors don't communicate with each other or front line staff well

You feel dispensable

Great co-workers

Good maintenance team

Great IT dept
Fun workplace
I worked there for over 4 years and it's a great place to work while in school, you have regular shifts and diverse tasks. The staff and management are very team-oriented and welcoming.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is relaxed, but needs to be more structured
As a lifeguard, there are certain things that need to happen and should not happen which you learn about in class. Lots of distractions from coworkers, or sometimes no one was available to assist me. Overall it was relaxed, just not by the book.
Relaxed environment
Does not operate to the Red Cross standards
Munkahelyi kultúra
Family friendly, safe, and structured.
A typical day varies depending on what day you work. Somedays will have different swimming lessons while others will have none. Working alongside other lifeguards of various walks of life you can either have a very easy day or a stressful one at best. What I learned working there is that no matter how safe you may think a pool may be, there will always be someone to prove you wrong. This could be anyone from a small child, an adult, a senior citizen, or your own manager. The workplace culture was friendly amongst guards. Most of the customers who swam in the pool were friendly too. Staff outside of the pool were also pleasant, going as far as learning names of those who were seen regularly. Besides those few sources, there was a need for a rigid structure. The hardest part was the constant need to perform optimally as a lifeguard, with the added stress of a manager who demands excellence from their staff 24/7. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with the members who came in to swim with their families, participated in different aquatic activities, or training for an athletic event in the near future.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Decent Place to work while in high school
There is a great family environment here, management care about each one of us and tried to help us in every way they could. However, we were not paid enough for the cost that it takes to be a lifeguard.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and Fun Place to Work!
-I loved teaching people of all ages to swim or zumba or some type of exercise that was different, fun, and interesting every week
-I loved coming up with my own lesson plans and seeing the "regulars" every day or week
Ymca
The Y is a great place to work, I was an instructor, lifegared, and head guard. One day a week I was in charge of all the lifeguards, supervising their lessons and helping them with improvement. As a lifeguard I standed and supervised the pool, enduring play and swim was done properly.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Really nice coworkers and amazing environment.
I love working at this location for multiple reasons. I really enjoy the people that I get to work with on a daily basis. I also love that employees get a free membership to the gym along with their families as well.
Good Summer Job
The YMCA allowed me to work when I was home during the summer from college. Great coworkers and inservice was good as well. Enjoyed the work I did, work was a joy.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Easy job to learn, but important nonetheless, good high school job
This was a great job to work in high school, as the hours were flexible and I could pick up shifts whenever I wanted. It's not the most exciting job, but it is important for the patrons there.
Flexibility
Kontra érvek
Many coworkers would not show up to shifts
Munkahelyi kultúra
Inclusive and fun environment with very flexible hours.
I love my coworkers as well as my supervisors. Everyone is able to remain focused on the job while remaining a light and happy atmosphere. Management is very friendly. Only hard part of the job is maintaining your composure if an unhappy patron starts to yell or doesn't listen.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun atmosphere, not much room for growth
Great first job in high school or during the summer, not much room for being promoted however. Not much you can do to get paid more and move up the ladder.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés