Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Fitness Instructor

Munkakör megnevezése
Fitness Instructor517 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
517 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 555 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked part time in the gym. It was enjoyable and a met a lot of people. Hours. Were perfect for what I needed. Learned all lot about fitness and nutrition
Pro érvek
Meeting new people helping them achieve their fitness goals
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA changed my life incredibly with a progressive impact. I am barre certified & 500 hr RYS. I am working to get a class back on the schedule for barre & yoga. The YMCA Frisco encourages, supports, and we make each other level up. It’s a very stimulating environment with so much personal and career growth in the community. As long as they continue to support my endevours i will continue to support them with my work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved meeting people and seeing them thrive on their fitness journey. The Y was flexible when learning to teach new classes and offering the members something new and exciting.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Generally clean and updated facility, direct supervisor is supportive. Seems to be a disconnect between fitness area and general management. New classes (fitness instructors) are not always offered fairly (taking into account seniority, how many classes you already teach) rather people are chosen by supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people in your classes; the hardest part is communication as everyone has a different schedule. Overall very pleasant/family like atmosphere to offset very low wages.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
No opportunity for job advancement, too competitive; you are constantly fighting others to get clients to maintain your PT status, and you don't get any benefits.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The main benefit for working for the Y was the retirement plan. I started working full-time and then went to part time. I was fully-vested so the retirement was still valuable to me. The ongoing training I received was sub-par, my boss was not very good and the idea of "work-life balance" was a joke. You are expected to sacrifice all the time. For many years leadership was a good ole boys club and sadly sexist. I would not recommend working here.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The employees are wonderful but sometimes people get hired and then don't receive hours, a badge, instructions, or anything after. So instead you just show up everyday asking what your job even is, and where you should be focusing your energy. Communication is awful, and your pay rate is based on what area you are working in on any given day. If you work in 3 different areas in one day then you have to punch in and out for each location to get paid different rates for each one. some people don't even get hours for weeks after being hired. The YMCA as a whole does wonderful things for it's communities but sometimes forgets about those who are within it's own walls.
free membership
Kontra érvek
constantly changing pay rates, poor communication, unstable work.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
great people great clients. needed upgrades badly in all gyms. not like the fancier more modern places but they have a purpose to accommadate the poor and senior with a place to go that is safe and non-judgemental. Some instructors were there to show off not teach but others were there for clients.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was my first job teaching group exercise classes. Great family environment. Can get crowded during peak hours. Being a judeo-Christian organization, we were required to give a Higher Thought either before, during, or after your class. Not every instructor did this, but members in my class constantly let me know how much they appreciated me doing it. Most thought I was doing it "just because".
Workplace is kept very clean. Staff always changing out towels, cleaning mirrors and windows, vacuuming floors, and filling paper towel dispensers
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a Fitness/Zumba instructor, I thoroughly enjoyed conducting classes and interacting with participants and with other instructors. I was afforded great latitude to conclude my classes by affirming the participants and speaking positively into each of their lives! Absolutely amazing experience!
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had a great time being a group fitness instructor. I was able to workout while working out others. I enjoyed the YMCA culture and members. Fitness is very important and should be implemented daily.
Free membership, Relationships
Few hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA gives me an opportunity to do what I love doing (fitness) while interacting and socializing with others. I like teaching and the more I teach the better I am at it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Teaching fitness classes is a fun side gig, but the pay isn't good enough to support most living expenses. The free membership and childcare during work hours do help alleviate that a little, but I don't think I'd ever be able to work there full-time. Management can be a little cliquey and immature. I've never had a review and have been working there for more than 3 years, if that says anything. Probably no real room for advancement, at least at our location.
Pro érvek
fun work, supports active lifestyle, gives back to community
Kontra érvek
poor management, low pay, few benefits, lack of leadership
Munkahelyi kultúra
I've worked for many different YMCAs in many different locations in Eastern United States. Not all of them deserve the stars I have given, but the two that I work for now do. I am a trainer, instructor, coach, and ambassador.

The most enjoyable part: making a difference in people's lives.

Workplace culture: comfortable, moderate to low stress.

Hardest part: it's non-profit, so funding can be challenging.

Management: most are wonderful and encouraging.

What I have learned: helping others is more rewarding than expected
Pro érvek
sense of community, safe and inclusive place to work
Kontra érvek
non profit, so having available funds keeps budget tight
Munkahelyi kultúra
A handful of management staff at the YMCA ranging from all
levels (wellness, program director, executive director, and the corporate office) truly evoke every characteristic of the mission statement with kindness, treating employees as humans just as themselves...then there’s the other 75% who are unable to provide true leadership, balance member relationships appropriately, or adhere to the demands of wellness effectively. It’s disappointing as a fitness instructor, personal trainer, and advocate for health and wellness to come across such individuals who could use mandatory training in areas of leadership, communication, customer service, mindfulness, wellness, and the basic Christian beliefs this organization is founded on.
Pro érvek
Builds social skills, earn experience, and grow with your family
Lacks empathy
Munkahelyi kultúra
Family and community oriented. Lots of facilities. Ready programming. Always events that includes everyone. Good members. Swim lessons. Clean. Great stereo.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA was another great place where i did a variety of different tasks. Those tasks being running the Youth sports programs, teaching my exercise classes, along with traveling to certain places to teach classes, teaching a Delay the Disease class (dealing with Parkinisons). Overall, I enjoyed working here at the YMCA but the people and the management might be a hassle for you.
Enjoyed my job
Staff/management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to be. it was a great environment with better people. Management was fairly well run and the facility it self was one of the best in the city.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was only a part time position, but everyone was very kind. I felt like I belonged, and that they wanted me to feel a part of the team, regardless of part time or full time
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was really fun. I enjoyed working with the kids because they are never board. My managers was awesome. She always let me know about new opportunities. They paid for my CPR certification.
Always interesting
Not enough hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at many different YMCAs in the Orlando area I've Loved all of them I look forward to coming back to the YMCA. I would highly recommend the YMCA for anyone. I started off in high school lifeguarding and swim instructor and stayed with the YMCA through my college career at FSU. Eventually as a stay-at-home mom getting certified in spin, yoga and Personal Fitness training.
Friendly atmosphere
Kontra érvek
The pay was not enough for me to live off of but I was only part-time