Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Fitness Instructor

Munkakör megnevezése
Fitness Instructor529 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
529 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 641 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's like the song: its fun to stay at the YMCA!
Everyone is friendly and supportive, it is a great positive and inclusive place to work! The pay is basic and many of the fitness professionals are there only part time.

Free membership
very basic pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working for the YMCA. I love the members and teaching Barre has been one of the best experiences for me. I love to see people getting excited about their health and accomplishing goals, that maybe, they thought were unreachable.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really enjoyed working there. I made a lot of friends and they are still my friends to this day! I enjoyed working with the public and it was well organized.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work is fun, productive and enjoyable despite the work load and stress. I learend how to manage and behave under stressfull and challenging situation, especially under wise and helpfull management. Work culture is very respectful.
Dealing with stress and managing the situation is one of, both, most enjoyable and hardest part, especially when the outcome is one to highlight as successful and productive.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
2,0
I was a certified Aquatics Group Fitness Instructor,
I already had experience in the classes, and had to become certified with in 6mo was promised hire pay after I got my Cert,

Completed my Cert on time and was discouraged everytime I brought up the subject, was never paid the qualified amount I was owed.
Munkahelyi kultúra
From personal training to fitness classes the YMCA provides a fun and challenging environment that keeps clients coming back. Places an emphasis in creating a community.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Summit YMCA is a great place to get your experience in teaching classes. They offer a variety of classes, members are committed, memberships are affordable. Staff are friendly and helpful. There's limited opportunities to advance and pay rate is on the low end.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work ! My passion is helping people meet their fitness goals so being lead fitness instructor has given me that opportunity to help others live a longer healthier life.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It has been a good experience. A great team to work with. Opportunities to interact with and give back to the community. And an opportunity to grow my skill set and as an individual.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have been working as a Group Ex Instructor at our local Y for 10 years. The team is great and we have a fabulous leader. Our members are dedicated and the classes are top-notch.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ok place to START your career only.
Very political and alot of favoritism

No room for growth

Low pay no benefits for part time employees

Not very collaborative

Management expects you to find coverage when you need off

Unkept promises by directors

Management expects you to contribute your pay to the annual campaign

The donations that the ymca receives not only goes to families of need but also funds the director's trips that are sometimes out of the country and out to eat

Over half of the staff in each department do not really care for their director

Poor leadership and lack of communication
Free membership
Many
Munkahelyi kultúra
Helping members achieve there goal, helping with fitness question and any customer service help. Working at the YMCA help understand how important fitness is and to help the community.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's been a while since I worked there and things are very different from when I worked there so it is unfair to rate them at this time. I loved teaching classes there.
Enjoyed the work
Parking
Munkahelyi kultúra
I absolutely love working for the YMCA ,one of the best establishments, not only does it feel like family, but I've made so many friends from here and had a great overall health and fitness experience not only teaching and coaching the members, but myself.
I highly recommend this organization from the administration right to its members..xo
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working at the Y. Its been a home to my family and I for years. I am able to put my kids in child watch while I teach. That is very helpful. Management is nice and helpful.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is an awesome place to work. The Y offer their employees good Benifits for full-time staff and they are a very understanding company. Management is always available. Working PT as a fitness instructor is one of the best decisions I’ve made!
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had been a member at the Y for over 11yrs before deciding to work there. This is truly like my home away from home and the members and co-workers are like family. It's truly a joy to work there!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job is exactly what I wanted, a challenge for anyone thinking they're training just athletes, you'll be training different demographics of people. Clients are awesome which makes going to work better each day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I work as a fitness instructor and wellness coach. The job is pretty simple and straight forward. It's rewarding when you get to know members. You grow attach to your regulars who attend your classes. The starting pay is not great, but you do get pay raises every year. A wellness coach your shift is only 5-6 hours long. If you're a personal trainer, you definitely will not get paid as much if you were to do it on your own but they do help you get clients. The YMCA will help pay for some certifications and pays for your CPR training. It's a good part-time job to have. I recommend it if you're wanting to get into the fitness industry, college students, or retired.
Laid back, Good Management
Not a lot of hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA in Columbus is a fantastic facility with excellent group fitness instructors and personal trainers. Various programs could benefit from developing further. The management is friendly and outgoing, however, they need to support some of their faculty more efficiently. Overall, the work experience was positive.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The ladies I worked with were all amazing and the participants made everyday enjoyable. I would still be there if we wouldn't of moved out of Spokane to Kennewick and the Y here has no pool.