YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Fitness Instructor

488 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 27 965 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun, part-time job with low pay
Personal Trainer & Group Fitness Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Mankato, MN2019, június 11.
Teaching fitness classes is a fun side gig, but the pay isn't good enough to support most living expenses. The free membership and childcare during work hours do help alleviate that a little, but I don't think I'd ever be able to work there full-time. Management can be a little cliquey and immature. I've never had a review and have been working there for more than 3 years, if that says anything. Probably no real room for advancement, at least at our location.
Pro érvek
fun work, supports active lifestyle, gives back to community
Kontra érvek
poor management, low pay, few benefits, lack of leadership
I've been here 20yrs, that speaks for itself
Group exercise instructor, Personal trainer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Clifton Park, NY 120652019, június 8.
I've worked for many different YMCAs in many different locations in Eastern United States. Not all of them deserve the stars I have given, but the two that I work for now do. I am a trainer, instructor, coach, and ambassador.

The most enjoyable part: making a difference in people's lives.
Workplace culture: comfortable, moderate to low stress.
Hardest part: it's non-profit, so funding can be challenging.
Management: most are wonderful and encouraging.
What I have learned: helping others is more rewarding than expected
Pro érvek
sense of community, safe and inclusive place to work
Kontra érvek
non profit, so having available funds keeps budget tight
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management’s ability to evoke mission statement is off
Group Fitness Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Richmond, VA2019, június 8.
A handful of management staff at the YMCA ranging from all
levels (wellness, program director, executive director, and the corporate office) truly evoke every characteristic of the mission statement with kindness, treating employees as humans just as themselves...then there’s the other 75% who are unable to provide true leadership, balance member relationships appropriately, or adhere to the demands of wellness effectively. It’s disappointing as a fitness instructor, personal trainer, and advocate for health and wellness to come across such individuals who could use mandatory training in areas of leadership, communication, customer service, mindfulness, wellness, and the basic Christian beliefs this organization is founded on.
Pro érvek
Builds social skills, earn experience, and grow with your family
Lacks empathy
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Excellent workplace
Group Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chesapeake, VA2019, május 31.
Family and community oriented. Lots of facilities. Ready programming. Always events that includes everyone. Good members. Swim lessons. Clean. Great stereo.
Great job poor management
EXERCISE AND PARKINSON'S FITNESS INSTRUCTOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sidney, OH2019, május 28.
Working at the YMCA was another great place where i did a variety of different tasks. Those tasks being running the Youth sports programs, teaching my exercise classes, along with traveling to certain places to teach classes, teaching a Delay the Disease class (dealing with Parkinisons). Overall, I enjoyed working here at the YMCA but the people and the management might be a hassle for you.
Enjoyed my job
Staff/management
Good job
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Spokane, WA2019, május 25.
Great place to be. it was a great environment with better people. Management was fairly well run and the facility it self was one of the best in the city.
Productive and Friendly
Group Fitness Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Oshkosh, WI2019, május 13.
It was only a part time position, but everyone was very kind. I felt like I belonged, and that they wanted me to feel a part of the team, regardless of part time or full time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Supper active and fun working environment
Youth Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cupertino, CA2019, május 12.
It was really fun. I enjoyed working with the kids because they are never board. My managers was awesome. She always let me know about new opportunities. They paid for my CPR certification.
Always interesting
Not enough hours
Ymca
Fitness Instructor/Personal Trainer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2019, május 10.
I worked at many different YMCAs in the Orlando area I've Loved all of them I look forward to coming back to the YMCA. I would highly recommend the YMCA for anyone. I started off in high school lifeguarding and swim instructor and stayed with the YMCA through my college career at FSU. Eventually as a stay-at-home mom getting certified in spin, yoga and Personal Fitness training.
Friendly atmosphere
Kontra érvek
The pay was not enough for me to live off of but I was only part-time
3,0
Reactive not proactive
Youth Sports Coach and Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2019, május 2.
The leadership team reacts to situations and circumstances instead of preventing them. The staff is busy putting out fires all day and not getting anywhere.
Job security
Bad leadership
Fitness Instructor
Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  North Shields2019, április 22.
Ensuring all gym members used equipment correctly and to achieve best results. ensuring environment was clean and well maintained and a fun place to be.
Great environment
salary
Great!
Personal Trainer/Active Adult Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Reading, MA2019, április 19.
Working for YMCA was an excellent first job, and the perfect place to pay off student loans. They paid for housing and most meals which they took into account for wages. Therefore, wages were low but they gave you a free place to live. The management was amazing! I couldn't have asked for better co-workers and bosses; however, there is little room for advancement.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
A good place for part-time
Fitness Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Dover, DE2019, április 19.
Typically I help members understand how to use fitness equipment effectively and safely. I also assess the gym constantly to keep it clean and safe. The hardest part is to handle frightening moments when someone passes out or gets hurt. The most enjoyable parts are when you get to interact and get to know the members.
Free membership
Kontra érvek
no full-time in fitness staffing
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Webster, TX2019, április 8.
Amazing enviornment. It felt like a family. Staff was very supportive and the members were fun, worked hard and appreciative of the classes. I loved teaching here.
Great work environment.
Fitness Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Perth Amboy, NJ2019, március 30.
Although is a slow-paced job the manager I would say is really the best! I would really recoomend anyone to work here. But theres slightly a problem, you dont get too much hours, usually as a beginner you get only 4-5 on your shift, but you end up working more hours when you cover others, so basically you start as covering positions until you get a permanent position so you get to apply for free membership. The place itself is clean, organized and the job duties are not hard to get done, is not fast paced at all.
Free memberships
Kontra érvek
Not many hours in your shift
Fun positive atmosphere
Group fitness instructor; Personal Trainer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Monroe, NY2019, március 28.
Staff is very positive and uplifting. Managers are understanding. All the members are like family. There is room for advancement and further education.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I currently working, I hope to relocate and continue my work with the board of education and the YMCA.
Group X fitness Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Dayton, OH2019, március 19.
The YMCA has always been a fun place to work at from California to Ohio I love the staff and the members I hope to one day retire from the YMCA. my Children and Grand Children still go to the YMCA I have been apart of the YMCA foe 30+ years in one capacity or another I highly recommend the Y for every family to experience, it has so much to offer families swimming, basketball, racket ball, fitness on all levels, childcare, the YMCA has something available for every family member from infants to seniors, body builders to spectators, over all the YMCA is a great place to work and hangout.
free membership
not enough pay
great
Fitness Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Antonio, TX2019, március 12.
I loved it. helping people while getting paid to work out--doesn't get much better.
People I worked with are great, workplace is great, I don't know what else to say.
changing lives
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dallas, TX2019, március 12.
I enjoyed working with Y members. I helped members reach their goals to become healthier and more active. My direct boss, was inspiring. I was able to come to her when I needed help. The Health and Wellness leaders were inspiring and effective.
job satisfaction
pay
Fun, but low pay.
Group Exercise Instructor/Personal Trainer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Winston-Salem, NC2019, március 6.
Working for the YMCA is quite exciting and you meet tons of great people; however, depending on your position and what you are doing, you may not receive many hours, which results in very low pay.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van