YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Fitness Instructor

487 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 27 912 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great community, safe and inviting environment for all employees and members
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lockport, NY2019, augusztus 31.
Job is exactly what I wanted, a challenge for anyone thinking they're training just athletes, you'll be training different demographics of people. Clients are awesome which makes going to work better each day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work for part-time
Fitness Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2019, augusztus 31.
I work as a fitness instructor and wellness coach. The job is pretty simple and straight forward. It's rewarding when you get to know members. You grow attach to your regulars who attend your classes. The starting pay is not great, but you do get pay raises every year. A wellness coach your shift is only 5-6 hours long. If you're a personal trainer, you definitely will not get paid as much if you were to do it on your own but they do help you get clients. The YMCA will help pay for some certifications and pays for your CPR training. It's a good part-time job to have. I recommend it if you're wanting to get into the fitness industry, college students, or retired.
Laid back, Good Management
Not a lot of hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great facility with room to grow
Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Columbus, MS2019, augusztus 27.
The YMCA in Columbus is a fantastic facility with excellent group fitness instructors and personal trainers. Various programs could benefit from developing further. The management is friendly and outgoing, however, they need to support some of their faculty more efficiently. Overall, the work experience was positive.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved working in the water fitness department.
Water Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Spokane, WA2019, augusztus 26.
The ladies I worked with were all amazing and the participants made everyday enjoyable. I would still be there if we wouldn't of moved out of Spokane to Kennewick and the Y here has no pool.
Good people, low pay
Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tillamook, OR2019, augusztus 10.
Worked in Tillamook. They have a great ceo, and my director in healthy living was fantastic to work for. Low put but that’s expected in part time.
Pro érvek
People, work with community members.
Kontra érvek
Low pay, hard to get full time
Poor management
Zumba Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Richmond, VA2019, augusztus 2.
Really talk to the members to find out what they want and value the loyalty in the staff that there when it’s tuff.👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽
1,0
Don't do it... Run?
Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Milwaukee, WI2019, augusztus 2.
I was always on time and never missed a class. I subbed everybody class. The pay was very low and I worked a lot off site. It wasn't any advancement offered to me. The worst part is that my paychecks was late or short. I wasn't payed for 3 months. It's a very unfair company and prejudice against the disabled.
Ymca
Fitness Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Frisco, TX2019, július 29.
Working at the YMCA changed my life incredibly with a progressive impact. I am barre certified & 500 hr RYS. I am working to get a class back on the schedule for barre & yoga. The YMCA Frisco encourages, supports, and we make each other level up. It’s a very stimulating environment with so much personal and career growth in the community. As long as they continue to support my endevours i will continue to support them with my work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Exercise Instructor was a fun job at the Y.
Exercise Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kennett Square, PA2019, július 27.
Loved meeting people and seeing them thrive on their fitness journey. The Y was flexible when learning to teach new classes and offering the members something new and exciting.
Nice place to work
Fitness instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Westfield, NJ2019, július 21.
Generally clean and updated facility, direct supervisor is supportive. Seems to be a disconnect between fitness area and general management. New classes (fitness instructors) are not always offered fairly (taking into account seniority, how many classes you already teach) rather people are chosen by supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people in your classes; the hardest part is communication as everyone has a different schedule. Overall very pleasant/family like atmosphere to offset very low wages.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
No opportunity for job advancement
Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2019, július 19.
No opportunity for job advancement, too competitive; you are constantly fighting others to get clients to maintain your PT status, and you don't get any benefits.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Spent many years working here and it took it's toll on me
Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Springboro, OH2019, július 18.
The main benefit for working for the Y was the retirement plan. I started working full-time and then went to part time. I was fully-vested so the retirement was still valuable to me. The ongoing training I received was sub-par, my boss was not very good and the idea of "work-life balance" was a joke. You are expected to sacrifice all the time. For many years leadership was a good ole boys club and sadly sexist. I would not recommend working here.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and positive, but misleading.
Group Fitness Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lexington, KY2019, július 18.
The employees are wonderful but sometimes people get hired and then don't receive hours, a badge, instructions, or anything after. So instead you just show up everyday asking what your job even is, and where you should be focusing your energy. Communication is awful, and your pay rate is based on what area you are working in on any given day. If you work in 3 different areas in one day then you have to punch in and out for each location to get paid different rates for each one. some people don't even get hours for weeks after being hired. The YMCA as a whole does wonderful things for it's communities but sometimes forgets about those who are within it's own walls.
free membership
Kontra érvek
constantly changing pay rates, poor communication, unstable work.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to start as instructor
CONTRACTED GROUP FITNESS INSTRUCTOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fort Worth, TX2019, július 9.
great people great clients. needed upgrades badly in all gyms. not like the fancier more modern places but they have a purpose to accommadate the poor and senior with a place to go that is safe and non-judgemental. Some instructors were there to show off not teach but others were there for clients.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place for families to workout
Group Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Schertz, TX2019, július 2.
This was my first job teaching group exercise classes. Great family environment. Can get crowded during peak hours. Being a judeo-Christian organization, we were required to give a Higher Thought either before, during, or after your class. Not every instructor did this, but members in my class constantly let me know how much they appreciated me doing it. Most thought I was doing it "just because".
Workplace is kept very clean. Staff always changing out towels, cleaning mirrors and windows, vacuuming floors, and filling paper towel dispensers
Fun and Relaxing Work Environment
Inverness Country Club Zumba Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Birmingham, AL2019, június 28.
As a Fitness/Zumba instructor, I thoroughly enjoyed conducting classes and interacting with participants and with other instructors. I was afforded great latitude to conclude my classes by affirming the participants and speaking positively into each of their lives! Absolutely amazing experience!
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA is a wonderful organization to work for
Group Class Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Laguna Niguel, CA2019, június 28.
My local YMCA was able to work with my schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is motivating others and providing a great class experience to those that attend.
Pro érvek
Benefits, make an impact for others
Kontra érvek
Pay, available hours - it's a busy place
Munkahelyi kultúra
Group fitness trainer was very rewarding
Group Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  MONROVIA, CA2019, június 20.
I had a great time being a group fitness instructor. I was able to workout while working out others. I enjoyed the YMCA culture and members. Fitness is very important and should be implemented daily.
Free membership, Relationships
Few hours
Social
GROUP FITNESS AND CYCLING INSTRUCTOR (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Auburn Hills, MI2019, június 14.
YMCA gives me an opportunity to do what I love doing (fitness) while interacting and socializing with others. I like teaching and the more I teach the better I am at it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun, part-time job with low pay
Personal Trainer & Group Fitness Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Mankato, MN2019, június 11.
Teaching fitness classes is a fun side gig, but the pay isn't good enough to support most living expenses. The free membership and childcare during work hours do help alleviate that a little, but I don't think I'd ever be able to work there full-time. Management can be a little cliquey and immature. I've never had a review and have been working there for more than 3 years, if that says anything. Probably no real room for advancement, at least at our location.
Pro érvek
fun work, supports active lifestyle, gives back to community
Kontra érvek
poor management, low pay, few benefits, lack of leadership
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van