Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Fitness Instructor

Munkakör megnevezése
Fitness Instructor528 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
528 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 620 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA was an awesome place to work. Everyone is so friendly and supportive, and really help the community. I was a fitness instructor and enjoyed every moment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was only a part time position, but everyone was very kind. I felt like I belonged, and that they wanted me to feel a part of the team, regardless of part time or full time
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was really fun. I enjoyed working with the kids because they are never board. My managers was awesome. She always let me know about new opportunities. They paid for my CPR certification.
Always interesting
Not enough hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at many different YMCAs in the Orlando area I've Loved all of them I look forward to coming back to the YMCA. I would highly recommend the YMCA for anyone. I started off in high school lifeguarding and swim instructor and stayed with the YMCA through my college career at FSU. Eventually as a stay-at-home mom getting certified in spin, yoga and Personal Fitness training.
Friendly atmosphere
Kontra érvek
The pay was not enough for me to live off of but I was only part-time
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The leadership team reacts to situations and circumstances instead of preventing them. The staff is busy putting out fires all day and not getting anywhere.
Job security
Bad leadership
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ensuring all gym members used equipment correctly and to achieve best results. ensuring environment was clean and well maintained and a fun place to be.
Great environment
salary
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for YMCA was an excellent first job, and the perfect place to pay off student loans. They paid for housing and most meals which they took into account for wages. Therefore, wages were low but they gave you a free place to live. The management was amazing! I couldn't have asked for better co-workers and bosses; however, there is little room for advancement.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Typically I help members understand how to use fitness equipment effectively and safely. I also assess the gym constantly to keep it clean and safe. The hardest part is to handle frightening moments when someone passes out or gets hurt. The most enjoyable parts are when you get to interact and get to know the members.
Free membership
Kontra érvek
no full-time in fitness staffing
Munkahelyi kultúra
Amazing enviornment. It felt like a family. Staff was very supportive and the members were fun, worked hard and appreciative of the classes. I loved teaching here.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Although is a slow-paced job the manager I would say is really the best! I would really recoomend anyone to work here. But theres slightly a problem, you dont get too much hours, usually as a beginner you get only 4-5 on your shift, but you end up working more hours when you cover others, so basically you start as covering positions until you get a permanent position so you get to apply for free membership. The place itself is clean, organized and the job duties are not hard to get done, is not fast paced at all.
Free memberships
Kontra érvek
Not many hours in your shift
Munkahelyi kultúra
Staff is very positive and uplifting. Managers are understanding. All the members are like family. There is room for advancement and further education.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA has always been a fun place to work at from California to Ohio I love the staff and the members I hope to one day retire from the YMCA. my Children and Grand Children still go to the YMCA I have been apart of the YMCA foe 30+ years in one capacity or another I highly recommend the Y for every family to experience, it has so much to offer families swimming, basketball, racket ball, fitness on all levels, childcare, the YMCA has something available for every family member from infants to seniors, body builders to spectators, over all the YMCA is a great place to work and hangout.
free membership
not enough pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved it. helping people while getting paid to work out--doesn't get much better.
People I worked with are great, workplace is great, I don't know what else to say.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working with Y members. I helped members reach their goals to become healthier and more active. My direct boss, was inspiring. I was able to come to her when I needed help. The Health and Wellness leaders were inspiring and effective.
job satisfaction
pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA is quite exciting and you meet tons of great people; however, depending on your position and what you are doing, you may not receive many hours, which results in very low pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Members make it the best place to work. Management can be aloof and lack leadership and effective planning. Organization is highly diversified in their programs and this makes it a competitive environment as resources are not always available for due paying member programs.
Great environment, great members
Kontra érvek
Full-time staff relys too much on part-time staff
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked for the YMCA for 15 years, they were very helpful in sending me to training for advancement in my fitness education. I had a lot of fun and loved teaching classes.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good part time gig if youre a high school student working min wage. Would def look for advancement as soon as possible. Good intro into the gym industry.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA is always fun! As a team member you gain friendships with guests and coworkers. The YMCA frequently provides opportunities for community service and outreach.
Discounts
Munkahelyi kultúra
The environment and culture is great but the majority of employees are part time and it can be hard to become full time and make a living wage. Under-payed and over-worked.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I am a Fitness Instructor and I love it working for the YMCA is an honor and teaching people about fitness and nutrition is fun and exciting teaching water exercise is very appealing and structural, love teaching senior and helping then whenever needed
Pro érvek
being notice for my great teaching abilities
Kontra érvek
I don't get enough hours due to the fact so many instructors