Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Fitness Instructor

Munkakör megnevezése
Fitness Instructor529 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
529 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 641 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's like the song: its fun to stay at the YMCA!
Everyone is friendly and supportive, it is a great positive and inclusive place to work! The pay is basic and many of the fitness professionals are there only part time.

Free membership
very basic pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA was an awesome place to work. Everyone is so friendly and supportive, and really help the community. I was a fitness instructor and enjoyed every moment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They do not care about their staff, at all. New management came in after I was hired, the new manager had no idea how to instruct a fun but interactive class, along his with poor people skills. He did not care about his staff and I was treated poorly after I built up class enrollment. I was dismissed with out a second though due to my new job that was willing to work around my classes I taught. There was no protocols to follow, just depended on his mood.
Pro érvek
Great clients that I was able to help
Poor communication
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked part time in the gym. It was enjoyable and a met a lot of people. Hours. Were perfect for what I needed. Learned all lot about fitness and nutrition
Pro érvek
Meeting new people helping them achieve their fitness goals
Pay
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Each of the Dallas YMCAs has its own interview process. The industry standard pay rate was honored. I was comfortable working at the Coppell location under Diane Beaver. Other locations changed fitness managers often and were somewhat confusing. Some locations like Grand Prairie and Flower Mound would be better off closing permanently or relocating. I was never hired to teach at White Rock or Town East. Each location as well had its ways and issues. I worked very hard and always covered for other instructors. However, no certified instructor would sub bodypump for me at 5am. Members said they loved my classes and not just because i bribed them. After the flu crisis group fitness managers were removed and recalls were unfair. I was often mislead or not informed about changes to les mills licensing at facilities. I would ask the managers is this gym interested in les mills barre and they would tell me no then add the license after i went to bodyattack training. I would recommend keeping track of hours worked so nothing goes missing.
Pro érvek
Providing a fair workout to people and getting constructive feedback.
Kontra érvek
Fake looks and secrets, Some what non transparent, In the end no respect for your effort and ability, Swept under the rug.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Arrive early and be prepared to do what needs to be done. Don't be surprise if things are out place or missing. Smile and look forward to engaging with members.
Pro érvek
fun place to work, laid backed vibes
Kontra érvek
pay increases are every few years
Munkahelyi kultúra
The company had great child-minding while I picked up casual shifts as a trainer. Great opportunity to work with the community and loved the clients I worked with.

Noticed management was overworked and lots of turnover for employment opportunities. I was always covering for people who didn’t show up for work.
Pro érvek
Management is great, free gym membership
Kontra érvek
No health benefits for Casual work, having to cover on the fly of a coworker doesn’t show up.
Munkahelyi kultúra
my day out with teaching my 6:30 am class and then I help the members with the strength machines and also cardio machines. Then I teach another fitness class then following the rest of my day is cleaning all workout equipment, and assist the members with there workout at the end of the we all check to make sure all machines and t.v are working my day ends at 2:30pm
Pro érvek
enjoy teaching all my fitness class
Kontra érvek
I did not like we had to cover because order by the government
Munkahelyi kultúra
Metro Washington YMCA Fit and well program is very unorganized and a little shady to there main trainers. Program heads LY, WY and AR, are scammer. 20
Pro érvek
The Clients we serve are amazing and welling to help out when they can and donate to a good cause.
Kontra érvek
Holding pay and promotion for trainers. But increasing the pay of the directors
Munkahelyi kultúra
Teaching fitness classes at this facility was fun and I thoroughly enjoyed the variety of people I met each day. Management was always kind and willing to help the employees succeed and feel happy in their positions.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y is suppose to represent community values. All this place cares about is money, they don’t care about employees, members or the community. They only care about money. Definitely the most greedy company I have ever worked for. If you want to be under appreciated, underpaid, and undervalued then this it the place for you.
The works easy
Management is horrible
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a great place work. I love that we are very family oriented and most importantly that we give back to our community. We everyone and we don't turn away no one for lack of ability to pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ok place to work. A lot of drama and frustrations from corporate. Nonprofit means low pay and constantly raising money. I would work here if I had very young children so they could work with me.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Only work here If you need extra income. But make sure you have other plans. There wasnt enough room for growth and the respect is not very high. If you need a lityle bit of money then by all means, but dont make this a career
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love teaching for the Y, just wish they weren’t the lowest paying gym out there. I’ve taught for the Y for numerous years and still receive less pay than other gyms I’ve just started teaching at
Friendly environment
Kontra érvek
Low pay for a lot of preparation for teaching classes
Munkahelyi kultúra
Facility was not clean and poorly maintained. Catered to “health seekers” and refused programming for more athletic types. Asked for class suggestions, I’d write them they would refuse to implement except a few months later they’d run it in a dumbed down version. Everyone was encouraged to be mediocre and embrace mediocrity with gusto. Taught early AM classes which paid a premium except they forgot to tell me that for YEARS
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA of the Peninsula's is a toxic company that forms cliques and exploits its employees weaknesses or flaws with nothing in place to address employees issues except to document and judge. The management team is immature, and not trained to manage nor required to be. The term "that is your job" is constantly used to demean you if you ask for help. The communication is abrasive and most of what you hear will be from a coworker because they communicate behind your back. There is no ethical code and everyone will know what is going on with you.The work environment is not inclusive, and they use dogmatic practices to handle employee concerns, with no real empathy or system to fix problems or help employees. The values they extend to members are not extended to employees. I learned to never be open or vulnerable at a workplace ever again. And if i find myself struggling to perform its probably better to quit the job because you will not be trained or helped if you under perform. There is not a single skill i will take from working there that will help me further my work career. There is no such thing as growth unless you are a part of their cliques.
flexibility of schedule
Kontra érvek
Poor management skills, no training, severely underpaid, and poor communication
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love the Y's Christian influence and value of the community, however, the pay is not ideal and made it difficult to support my family. Overall, I enjoyed being at the YMCA.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pay is insignificant. After paying for releases and certifications. I’m lucky if I break even :)

Benefits - gym membership and youth discount is a big deal.

This is a happy place and I work there for a cause. Not for money. Helping people is my passion.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA treats you like family. You are treated with respect and are valued as a good instructor.
The people who work there are a wonderful group. They are very helpful and they care about me.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA has given me the opportunity to give back to the community and know that I am helping others. The YMCA puts a lot of time and effort into diversity training and making sure everyone feels included.
Pro érvek
Flexibilty, Benefits of working with others
Kontra érvek
Compensation and ability for advancement