YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Counselor

583 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
manager could've been nicer
YMCA sacc counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fredericksburg, VA2017, július 28.
for a first job it was alright. the kids were nice to be around and also my co-workers but our boss/manager was VERY rude and had a unnecessary attitude every time she came to our job site. the pay was bad but it was normal for a first job.
working with kids
management, pay
Productive & fun environment
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Glen Cove, NY2017, július 27.
Overall great job to have if you just need extra income for gas, bills, etc. New Supersvisors are way too strict sometimes. Children aren't allowed to watch movies unless it's educational, but you're not provided with any. Students will connect with you easily if you make them feel comfortable in the beginning. The stressful part of the day is picking up other students from other schools & homework help. After snack time the shift goes by faster & smoother.
Pro érvek
Great students; fun activities; short work shifts; snacks
Kontra érvek
Not enough hours; not enough pay to keep up with bills; lazy co-workers
The Y
Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hampton, VA2017, július 27.
The Y has its days were it can be very slow but other when its super busy just depends on the time of year and what things are being offered to the memberships. Overall I love my job at the YMCA.
Very fun
Outreach Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  The Woodlands, TX2017, július 26.
Help kids do there homework and make them have a fun time before there parents pick them up was a very fun place to work and had a very fun time at summer camp
Munkahelyi kultúra
Camp is a great experience
YMCA Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Greensboro, NC2017, július 23.
Really felt like I was able to make an impact on a large number of lives through this position. Was taken in treated as an expert in my field, which only led to boosting my confidence. I am very thankful for this opportunity.
Ymca
Skill Development Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, július 22.
I feel like the YMCA isn't doesn't pay enough for the work that is required from employees. Being in the hot sun all day with 50 plus children at any given time; you would think you would be compensated for such
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fun and competitive activities.
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jamaica, NY2017, július 19.
i liked this job because it had many different tasks for the kids to compete and they loved it. The kids enjoyed fun time with each other and the staffs. At times it may have been rough but I always knew how to handle certain situations.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressful but at times great
Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Cheyenne, WY2017, július 17.
Working with the summer kids was very stressful but it was also a very great time. It is a non profit so they don't give you a lot of raises. However, the people that I worked with were amazing
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved the coworkers except one and loved the kids and the managers.
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Starke, FL2017, július 16.
I would recomend this job to anyone as a first job. It was minimum wage but the reward from the kids was far worth it. If you don't like kids of family stuff don't apply.
Everything except pay.
pay.
summer camp counselor
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bridgeport, CT2017, július 14.
I had fun and i learned a lot. I worked part day on most days, I coordinated the day activities for the morning, including arts and craft, outdoor activities and more.
free breakfast and lunch
no break
Don't do it
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Huguenot, NY2017, július 12.
They take favoritism very serious if you have not been with them for years people literally treat you like dirt and nobody would say a thing, if their is a problem they will literally leave you hanging and not help at all.
Kids
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work with children
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chesapeake, VA2017, július 10.
The YMCA was a great place for the children, parents and staff. I had the pleasure of working for one of the best programs in Chesapeake and had amazing Supervisors and Staff and develop a family type bond that has lasted for years. Although the pay wasn't the best in the world it was great job for high school students who graduated and needed some extra money while they went to College.

The children had a place where they were safe and had many activities, field trips and a social environment where they could be themselves.
Pro érvek
Everyone walked away with a life lesson that help developed their character
Pay
It can be fun
Afterschool Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2017, július 10.
Afterschool counselor position.
I learned a lot about stress management
hardest part of the job was stress
most enjoyable part was the students
The school I was in however was poorly ran
Work environement
students behavior, pay rate
children and outside adventure
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Frisco, TX2017, július 7.
There is summer camp and after school care with hyper children. You get more hours in the summer than during the school year. You spend a lot of time outside and on your feet.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Busy and fun workplace that has you on your toes
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2017, július 6.
From the moment I would walk into work, I got busy. From setting up the cafeteria to signing in all the kids in my group, I was always on my feet. My job was to engage with the kids in the after school care program. As a counselor we had to help with homework, provide snacks, play group games, prep and execute craft time and occasionally organize talent shows and parent/kid events. I learned how to take lead and how to be organized. My site director would give many responsibilities to my partner and me, many that would require teamwork and some that required individual thinking. Every moment there taught me how to be a quick-thinker and multitasker. The hardest part of the job was having to cater to about 44 Pre-K through 1st graders everyday, but I loved seeing their faces when they were having fun with their counselors after a long day at school. It is an experience I won't soon forget.
Great
Aftercare Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Montclair, NJ2017, július 6.
I loved working at the Y. Great Benefits, when you are a Y employee you get to go to the Y youre employed at for free! Free gym membership, free classes, and discounts on apparel and trips.
Horrible
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Montclair, NJ2017, július 3.
The children are great. The coworkers are not. It becomes too personal and the priority is focused on your social life instead of the actual job. Very unnecessary.
it was okay
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, július 2.
the pay wasnt exactly the best, but like, i really didnt care because i really enjoyed working with the kids and my coworkers and such, so yeah. i guess its cool.
environment
pay
Energetic and caring Counselors
YMCA Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oakbrook, SC2017, június 26.
I absolutely loved my job at the YMCA, The management was great at first and then after a little bit, it kind of went downhill. I love the kids. When trying to go back to the YMCA, they wouldn't let me, so upset about that.
Pro érvek
Great outdoor time. play games, get close with other counselors and children.
Kontra érvek
not very many benefits, no advancement, 3 cent raise if your lucky when working there for two years
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very productive, fast pace, memorization is key, fun place to work. You'll never get board.
YMCA Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kahului, HI2017, június 25.
I love working as a YMCA counselor. I have learned alot about working with kids and how your roll is important in their lives. I recommend this job...
Pro érvek
Very fun place to work, you'll never get board.

Átfogó minősítés