Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Counselor

Munkakör megnevezése
Counselor939 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
939 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 083 értékelés megtekintése
Exciting enviroment
I worked at an outdoor camp and just had so much fun. It was really relaxed and you just got to show kids how wonderful nature was, swim, and then we would all ride a bus back to the local middle-school. There we would have lunch and then procede to play games with the kids until their parents came to pick them up. A counselor would work half the day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Rewarding and super fun place to work!
Working at YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park, Colorado was certainly one of the greatest things that I have ever experienced! Moving across the country to become a camp counselor was something I'd never thought I would do but I'm so glad I did. The management couldn't be any more supportive and receptive and that made the experience that much better! My coworkers were adventurous, outgoing and creative people with a lot to offer and I learned a great deal from that job! The days were long and oftentimes very stressful with a great deal of very young children on your hands, but the reward that was felt from talking with the parents and having the children love you was so worth it!
1,0
Not good
Go elsewhere you are never in ratio due to lack of staff there answer is you are ok or I’m trying getting supplies is close to impossible such as craft supplies or special activities for special needs students they give you no heads up or extra assistance for the children that need that
Munkahelyi kultúra
The kids made it great to come to work
Everyday a new exciting activity for the kids. They always enjoyed everything we did together. from paint to racing and playing basketball they really made my job easy. I felt like I was never at work. I was on a play ground.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and a fun workplace
Relaxed workspace. Fulfilling place to work at. I learned time management and problem solution skills. The just is enjoyable and fun. Wish there were more hours and room to advance.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Stressful, poor managment
I worked for the YMCA for about 3 years and my final pay was my starting pay. $9/hr for all of the hard work. Working with children throwing up, peeing/pooping themselves, children fighting, dirty and disgusting camps. Terrible management. I would not recommend the YMCA for employment
Its a Great experience
It’s a great experience dealing and growing with different individual kind of children. They pay isn’t all that great but the kids are as beautiful as their personalities and bonds they build with you. I enjoyed my stay and I only left Bc my bills were more than my paychecks.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work was a 9am-2pm. Always making sure the kids had a clean environment. I was responsible for their lunches and learning activities
I was responsible for 20-25 children a day. My job was to creat the learning activities for all the kids and make sure they had a clean environment all day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and Learning on the job
Every day was fun. I worked for the YMCA during the summer camp. The summer camp taught me to have patience and be afraid to try new things. The summer camp helped me grow as an individual. The afterschool program helped me always be able to find the positive in the negatives and also find the solutions.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A fun place to work with both the children and coworkers
I was able to have fun at my job with all age groups. We only had about 15 employees total so everyone was very close with each other. We would have Christmas dinners together with secret Santa.
Fast-paced and fun workplace
I love working here. The kids are well-behaved and the parents are very supportive. The manager is great and very helpful. Very flexible and understanding company.
2,0
Horrible Supervisor!
The supervisor is a joke! Loves to gossip and tell co-workers personal business. Very rude and disrespectful. The ladies that work in the office are nice but the direct supervisor made me despise this job and she is the reason I quit.
Great Summer job
Working at Camp Manito-Wish was very enjoyable! The culture is great and very inclusive. I was a seasonal employee as a counselor and had a lot of fun with my cabin and co-counselor.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great working atmosphere. Very welcoming for those new to the workforce. Flexible with schedules.
I loved working at the YMCA and am grateful to have had it as my first job. It eased you into the work but slowly gave you more responsibility so it felt as if you were growing as an employee. On site management could have been better, but that is my only complaint. A fantastic work environment balanced with fun, rewarding work.
Pro érvek
Rewarding work, flexible schedules
Kontra érvek
Poor management
Engaging with children
Giving the children a safe and fun environment. Although, it was stressful the kids were fun. The job requires homework time, snack time, and playing outside or going to the gym.
fun and productive
it was always a great environment with the children. we did many activities during the day. Staff worked really well together. Everyone always helped each other out.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
Though I had limited experience they made me feel comfortable. It was only a summer job for teens but it really felt like a job that was serious, and our management was incredibly nice, but still professional.
Fun workplace
I love working at YMCA it's fun and I love playing with the kids they bring lots of energy and joy. The only thing I don't like at YMCA is lack of communication from supervisor, manager, etc.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Engaging workplace with young campers
A typical day at work was running your campers through an all day schedule and dealing with every single issue that arises. I learned to adapt to specific campers needs while finding a balance to keep the group running equally with the most fun. The hardest part about the job was working harder than all directors and higher up staff members, but yet getting payed substantially less overall. The most enjoyable part was helping kids form new friends and relationships over the summer.
enjoyable
Working with children is an amazing opportunity to grow as an individual. Seeing the faces of these kids after you making an impact on their day is an amazing feeling.
Summer
The YMCA is not such a terrible place to work. It's a great gig for a young type fresh out of HS, not so great for a doctoral candidate. Sure, working with youngsters, a really cool staff, as well as helping teachers with goals is fine but it does not fill up the bank account.
Pro érvek
Relaxed & cool atmosphere, meet cool people, job location, help kids
Kontra érvek
Very very low pay, no job advancement
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés