Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Counselor

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
968 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 763 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I think this is a good place to work for any college student or high school student who’s looking for a part time gig . Ymca always looks good in a resume
Free snacks
Short hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love the YMCA - however, I would appreciate if corporate would listen to the type of equipment members would like to see in the fitness area. Often feels like corporate brushes off majority of the members' opinions.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked as a counselor at camp. I taught children how to sail and was also a in cabin counselor at YMCA Camp Thunderbird. I have been there for 10 years however I no longer work there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I helped the kids with their homework when there was school and on holidays and summer we had summer camp where we would have activities at the camp and go to the pool and the other days was field trips so either the movies or the zoo etc.
Fun time with kids
Kontra érvek
Can be a little overwhelming with the amount of kids
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was an ok process it was quick and in my old job I would watch the kids do activities in the gym with them such as kickball dodgeball and freeze tag.
Very quick
None really
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good atmosphere, however the youth and family director wasn’t the nicest person, everyone else was great, the Y can get very hectic at times especially during summer camp
Munkahelyi kultúra
loved being a camp counselor here for so many summers. would definitely recommend to anyone who loves kids. position taught me a lot about leadership and community.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The ymca is a very good place for the teens to come by and enjoy there time at ymca. They also feed them with delicious food and go out on field trips.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is one of the best jobs I had. The staff is amazing and the children learn a lot. There parents are always thrilled to walk in and see what new activity there doing .
Everyone’s happy
Kontra érvek
I wish the program could be longer.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A fulfilling and collaborative atmosphere at an overnight camp where connection and community building was emphasized to create a welcoming and warm environment for the campers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work. Ive learned alot here just need a place with more hours. I cant survive off the hours they are giving me now. So need to find some where i can work with more hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I personally enjoyed this job, my typical day was coming in, going straight to kids zone. i interacted ad engage with the kids until their bus arrives to pick them up for school. Shortly after they leave we would clean the space and preparing the next set of kids who were coming in. We would help with putting together activities.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job!!! You will fall in love with the children and their parents. You will always be supported and heard. Normally easy to get the days off you want.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a mellow working environment with friendly co workers. A thing learned working in that type of space was how to be more aware of your surroundings and everything that's going on so that you're calm and able to adapt and be quick to changes as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My job as a summer camp counselor was A lot to deal with had 25 kids per gender and age group. But the coworkers and kids we watched made it fun and a easy job to deal with.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA as a child watch counselor has by far been my favorite job. I have worked at two YMCA locations and both environments are great for customers and employees.
Membership
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with the YMCA was a blessing to me, this is when I realized that working with children was my calling. We would show up everyday after school let out and would do everything from helping with homework, constructive learning, creative play and teaching the children to be there for one another. I did not re apply after the second year but it was a great experience
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love helping the children and seeing them have fun with interacting with other children during fun activities. If helping children is what you want the YMCA is a great place to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the camp is amazing due to the locations and activities available along with meeting staff from around the world creating unimaginable friendships. However, inequality in pay and job roles creates a significant amount of frustration. Management was poor as they were inadequate in determining who performed there jobs well and who performed poorly, resulting in poor distribution of praise, rewards and punishment causing me great concern for the future of the camp. Food quality is horribly poor often causing illness for staff and organisation of paperwork for international staff was performed with an advanced degree of incompetence.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for YMCA was a very fun few years that also provided a lot of good experience and leadership skills. Camp counseling was fun as a job and also my coworkers helped make the hard work worth it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at the marysville ymca for two summers and there was absolutely no communication or stability any where, it felt like most of the time getting back from field trips and in the morning when you first got there that you would be told two different things and you couldn’t be at two places.