YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Counselor

580 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Munkahelyi kultúra
Best Job if you don't need money
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Garner, NC2017, augusztus 30.
Working for the YMCA was the most fulfilling and wonderful work experience I have had. However, You start at minimum wage and get 5 cent raises once or twice a year.
Ok
YMCA Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mobile, AL2017, augusztus 30.
Ok job. Great atmosphere. Low pay. Lots of work. Discounts were ok. Family oriented. Great place to work if you have children. Left due to low pay and no benefits.
A Great Job
Trailblazer Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oregonia, OH2017, augusztus 29.
I worked here as a summer camp counselor and while I didn't plan on being here for more than a year, it has become a home to me and so many others. What we get to do if even for a summer is remarkable, we get to work at a place that is constant energy and fun and make a positive impact on someone's life every single day.
Free Meals, Free Housing, Working with kids, making great friends
very little time off
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Poorly managed
YMCA Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  North Port, FL2017, augusztus 29.
they were understaffed didn't pay their employees enough and made you work crazy hours despite your schedule.They ended up tearing the ymca down. Did not handle problem to well.
Changed my life
Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Gresham, OR2017, augusztus 24.
In short, we're not paid enough for the at least 14-hour-days we're working, but the life experience can change you. The people I've met and things I've done in three weeks have bettered me as a person
Pro érvek
room, board, life experience, relationships
bad pay, no free time
Fun place to work
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portsmouth, VA2017, augusztus 23.
Great place for me to work really enjoyed the kids, also the staff was very great to me. I work the YMCA for summers that I return home from college and it help me to this day with my people skills.
Enjoyed the Kids
Weekends off
Schedule
Teen Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Winston-Salem, NC2017, augusztus 21.
Good management. Good work place, Enjoyable part time job. The hours were good and you had fun with the children and team you worked with. At the YMCA, you build relationships with the clients which helps them to trust you with their children in the Youth programs.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Depends on where you work for the YMCA
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  White Bear Lake, MN2017, augusztus 18.
I worked as a teachers aide and that was difficult because mgmt let us fend for ourselves, with little help.The overnight camp though, was incredible.
N/a
Co-Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brooklyn, NY2017, augusztus 18.
Working for the YMCA was a fairly decent experience. However, management is horrible and a EEO conversation is highly recommended with their leadership
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
great job with kids
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2017, augusztus 16.
It's a great job for someone who loves to work with kids and flexible with schedules. However, there are good managers and bad managers. I have been working with the Y for two years and this year I had such a horrible manger. He said some things that can't be forgiven which is why I had to leave. Overall, I love the kids. I love them and their parents. I love able to watch them grow and learn new things every day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and totally worth it if you love kids
Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2017, augusztus 15.
Though it can be stressful depending on the site you work at. Some directors can be strict about the activities you do with the children while others are more laid back.
Productive and Fun
Afterschool Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Greenville, SC2017, augusztus 14.
Working afterschool and at the summer camp has been a blast. The ability to use the gifts and talents we have is wonderful. My supervisors are wonderful and always have their employees best interests at heart.
Great Environment
Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Birmingham, AL2017, augusztus 11.
It's a great place to work. The kids come in very excited to have fun at the Y. Going on field trips with the kids was a great experience. We went to places I never been before it was also an learning experience for me. The challenging part was getting to know the kids and how to deal with different personalities.
Low Pay
Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  9 Street Prospect Park2017, augusztus 10.
The people I worked with were great but the people at the top were not so good in term of appreciating their workers. Secondly you don't get to work long hours. I believe it depends on your position at the company.
Great Staff
Kontra érvek
Workers are under appreciate.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Rewarding work place that allows you to assist different individuals with different needs,
Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL2017, augusztus 7.
A typical day working at the YMCA will consist of instructional activities, assistance with Homework, making sure kids are clean and tidy before dismal, and feeding.
working with different individuals
Kontra érvek
no breaks, benefits, and it's part-time
Temporary job
Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Londonderry, NH2017, augusztus 6.
A typical day at work includes taking care of the children, leading activities with them, keeping them safe and making it a fun environment for them. It is a fun, yet stressful place to work. Co-workers are great.
co-workers, life balance
pay, some management
Cary Family YMCA
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cary, NC2017, augusztus 3.
The Cary Family YMCA, as a counselor, was a very beneficial job pertaining to the development of social and personal skills. I was able to make new friends and develop long lasting relationships within co-workers and management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you don't want to dedicate your life to them, they don't want you
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2017, augusztus 1.
I applied to the YMCA as a part time job. I came to work as scheduled, but I was working two other jobs, and ignored a lot of the "parties" and after work socializing that I was invited to. Eventually I learned that the "parties" were really training events, framed as parties so that the company wouldn't have to pay the employees who showed up. When I told my supervisor that I had other commitments and couldn't spend all my time working for the Y, I was accused of not being a team player, and making up excuses. I applied to be part time, was hired and paid as a part-time employee, but was expected to spend almost all my free time with my coworkers, essentially working for free. Not cool.
Working with kids
Kontra érvek
Low pay, lack of organization, no communication, false advertising
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job for community lovers
COUNSELOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Anchorage, AK2017, július 31.
Workers get to work with all kinds of age groups from kindergarten children to senior citizens. YMCA provides various job roles from receptionist, employee training, supervisors, and directors. Summer hours are the busiest and autumn hours are the slowest. From time to time, major community events provides extra paid hours for employees.
Pro érvek
Club Membership, enormous variety of job roles, great learning experience
Kontra érvek
basic pay wage, job can be repetitive
manager could've been nicer
YMCA sacc counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fredericksburg, VA2017, július 28.
for a first job it was alright. the kids were nice to be around and also my co-workers but our boss/manager was VERY rude and had a unnecessary attitude every time she came to our job site. the pay was bad but it was normal for a first job.
working with kids