Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Counselor

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
968 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 763 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I think this is a good place to work for any college student or high school student who’s looking for a part time gig . Ymca always looks good in a resume
Free snacks
Short hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
The negatives far out weighed the positives because of employees and management of the location that I worked at. Bad work ethic environment. Untrustworthy and dishonest employees and management. Very clicky and like high school games going on with staff and management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA is the ultimate experience. I got to enjoy spending time with the children, doing activities such as going to the playground, coming up with games in the gym, watching movies, I loved it! Building the relationships with the parents was nice as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Amazing overall experience and truly helped shape my knowledge of what it's like to have a job. The management held great communication and the workplace culture was productive and fun.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day of work, depending on shifts would consist of working for 3-4 hours a day while creating activities to plan to do with the children, supervise the children, provide safe and enjoyable space for the kids to play around, and continuously watch the check-in area (the sign in and out).
Munkahelyi kultúra
This a casual company that helps build social, emotional, physical skills and the people are friendly and hardworking. Its great for someone who wants to stay fit and be helpful at the same time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
At work you prepare what activies and games you want do with the kids and you also can engage in the activies with them. The hardest part of the job to me is leaving the kids because you amke bonds with them.
lovely kids
pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
The managers were horrible, and everybody was a mess. They never were organized and I felt Like they didn’t care about no one except the theirselves .
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would like to say that the YMCA was one of the funniest jobs I ever had. The children were my heart and I enjoyed every moment of it. The only thing is that the hours were horrible. Not enough hours for me
trips
not enough hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I felt very supported by my boss and coworkers. I was a great opportunity to connect with a diverse population and learn how to communicate with kids and parents. I loved teaching kids new skills and seeing them improve in their skills on a daily basis.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There are extremely long hours for very little pay. Micromanagement is a strong issue here. However, knowing that one makes an ENORMOUS difference in the lives of others makes this job very rewarding.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here for a good amount of time somewhat enjoyed the work but the management at the time did not lead effectively and my experience was negative because of this to the point of allowing discrimination and wrongful termination.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Workplace was great. The staff all around was great. The most enjoyable part was knowing you were making a difference in the community. Hours are reasonable.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Honestly I don't really enjoy my job as much as I did in the beginning. There is apparent favoritism and coworkers aren't that great all the time cause they're as miserable as you are.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job shows life skills that you could use in real life. I have learned about being more of more detailed thinker and have learned how to use talking to solve issues and help people come together and solve issues .
Munkahelyi kultúra
There’s so much high expectations to do with the kids with such little pay. I got couple cents raise out of three years I’ve been working. When there’s no school, there’s no job. You don’t get paid for those days off. No benefits, only like one coupon that no one really cares about. Always complaints from parents about h.w because they expect us to ALSO be tutors for their children.
Pro érvek
Learned leadership and helps you be out of your comfort zone
Kontra érvek
Low pay and little hours and high expectations
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall, words fail me when I describe my experience working for the Y. This camp is life changing for all who enter. You are welcomed by a family of people who accept you for your differences and are willing to guide you along whatever path you may be on in life. I would highly recommend working for the Y. You will not regret it and overall you may be surprised at how life changing it can be.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at Camp Thunderbird - the Outdoor Centre and the work is challenging but very rewarding. You work with 7-10 kids all day every day for 5, 9 or 12 days at a time. You spend almost all your time outdoors doing activities in the woods, including a 1-4 night outtrip. If you like kids and love spending time outdoors on outdoor adventures or doing outdoor ed, then this is the summer job for you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Even though dealing with elementary to middle school students can be a hassle the most enjoyable part of that is connecting with young kids developing a friendship and playing games with them. The kids I work with most are 4th ad 5th grade and they always enjoy when I play football or basketball with them and make sure everyone is having fun.
Munkahelyi kultúra
sign in and wait for my group of kids to come in. go over what we are going to do for the day, begin by reading time, after go to the gym to play. Then go outside for littlie bit, them go to lunch
Munkahelyi kultúra
Usually, there is a peaceful and fun environment with the YMCA! I have personally enjoyed all my time working with the YMCA as a volunteer and employee!