Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Counselor

Munkakör megnevezése
Counselor946 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
946 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 363 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at an outdoor camp and just had so much fun. It was really relaxed and you just got to show kids how wonderful nature was, swim, and then we would all ride a bus back to the local middle-school. There we would have lunch and then procede to play games with the kids until their parents came to pick them up. A counselor would work half the day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I learned group management and camp rules, how to manage children of different age ranges and attitudes, motivate and excite, and support staff and other campers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working with the youth and using my creativity to make camp fun. My boss was caring and understanding. This was a very fun and live entertaing and rewarding place to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was an overall great experience, I enjoyed the hands on learning with the different age groups and spectrums of children and their personalities in group settings.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical work day with the kids isn't always easy, but the YMCA has an awesome support system and fun trainings to help you improve and make your day easier and more enjoyable. It's also a great place to make long lasting friendships and feel like you're really doing something worth while. I fell in love with this job and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys working with kids and enjoys having a family like work community.
Pro érvek
Free gym membership, great support system
Not much hours
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I learned CPR and more extensive care of kids while working here. I have been babysitting 6-7 years and always had a love of children. A typical day is very busy and the kids need constant reminder of rules and discipline.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed the whole 9/10 years I worked at this YMCA in the after school and summer camp programs. I started when I was 16 and it was my first job. It was a great program for young adults looking for a job. You get to be active and help children with school work and create relationships that can last a lifetime. All of my coworkers were friendly and supportive, I still have some of those friendships til this day. The hardest part about the job for me would be the days where you feel like things are chaotic and loud (especially in the summer time), but at the end of the day you are there for those kids; there to help them grow in all aspects of life. I honestly do not have anything negative to say about the YMCA and the time I was employed with them.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fun engaging with the kids like helping them with there homework and tutoring them and playing games like outside games tag kickball and jump rope
Munkahelyi kultúra
I got to work with some pretty amazing kids and i wouldn't trade it for the world. I also helped the young men grow into as far as helping them to achieve small goals that they were not able to do before hand. Ex i was able to help a young man get over his face of not understanding multiplication but with some confidence in him and helping him understand that multiplication is cool he passed a few test of his.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was able to help counsel kids under the age of 6 and take them to many types of activities such as going to the park, swimming, game rooms, dance class trips, etc. The purpose of the program is to help kids grow academically, and mentally.
Free trips
short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working as a cabin counselor at Camp Orkila was the best job I ever had. The staff becomes very close like family. You get to be positive role models to children and make their camp experience great.
Pro érvek
very positive work environment, consistent days off
inconsistent pay raises
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a fast paced and fun job! If you love kids and playing sports this is the job for you. Pays decently but you get no breaks and no sick days. Also, does not pay for overtime
Munkahelyi kultúra
Smooth transitional government fund raising worked hard work out supervision kids great enovironment smooth work and travel swim get paid hard work sweating
N/a
N/a
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work as a counselor, can be fun if the children are well behaved. We provide snacks, help with their homework and engage in other activities. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the kids keep you up today with their "lingo" and make you feel young. The hardest part is making sure the kids understand that there is a time to play and a time to be serious.
Pro érvek
free snacks, being active with the kids
no breaks, the training
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Years ago it was a fun place to work and I loved to come to work. It was a part time job for me and I love it more than my full time job. I had to leave it because it was not for me anymore that i hated that.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Was a fast-paced environment to work with children. Generally worked with young children for the summer. Had to be attentive and caring towards two-year-olds.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Didn’t get paid much but the impact I had on the children was worth it. It felt like I was doing honorable work. The lords work in fact. Management was very supportive and my co workers were friends for life. Work life balance was great it’s really the lack of benefits for part time but it was worth it just for me to find myself. It was a great in transition job.
Every thing else
No benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was working part time at the YMCA while attending school full time. I worked in the team department and had so much fun! I was getting paid a decent hourly wage but the Y opened up so many doors for me in the future.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoy the YMCA. I love to be outside and I also love babysitting kids.I am excited to see how far along I get with this job. I know I will like it. This will be exciting.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great anyone would enjoy working here and it would be a joy for any first time job people looking for experience. I love it and I ensure anyone else would love it to.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worst place to work. Unsafe and very racist environment. Crime, theft.
.......poor management. Favoritism, Only the clicks get recognized. unprofessional lazy atmosphere.
Better jobs out there
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés