YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Counselor

890 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 27 395 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
1,0
regret it
YMCA Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2019, április 9.
-highly understaffed
-poor training
-have to pay for required training
-poor attitude from management
-micromanagement
-gossip
-pay is well below the amount of work done
-counselors are constantly shuffled around between groups of children
-lack of stability in routine
-disorganized
-morale is low
-no breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
A fun and stressful time that involves taking care of kids of various ages
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Riverview, FL2019, április 7.
Working at the YMCA was enjoyable by how it involved getting paid to play games with kids and doing fun activities. A problem with working at the YMCA was some of the excess regulation applied to the camp. The strict environment sometimes made things uncomfortable by how the leadership of the camp micromanaged how other employees do their job. Helping out with the kids was great, but some other employees made the experience unnecessarily stressful.
Pro érvek
Fun activities and making kids happy
The strict environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work with kids
Sports Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Westborough, MA2019, április 1.
The children there were genuinely excited to be there which made working with them really fun and easy. Most of the resources needed for classes were provided for you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If, and ONLY if, you want to work with kids, this is for you
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2019, április 1.
The YMCA can be a fun place to work if you are looking for a part-time job and still in school. However, their turnover rate for the Afterschool Counselor and Site Coordinator positions is extremely high. This could be because of a number of reasons, but here are a few that I have determined to be the reason:
- As far as I'm concerned the Site Coordinator position is one of the hardest ones at the Y. (I got promoted to Site Coordinator after being a Counselor.) We don't get paid what we are worth and they expect SO much from us. I don't think it's fair. Now, I haven't been promoted to anything higher than Site Coordinator yet, but from where I sit management positions seem pretty breezy. You would think that people working with the youth of today would start getting better acknowledgment.
- Management sucks! I have seen some managers at the Y that are AMAZING, and I have seen some that just don't care about their employees. It's really hit or miss, and if you happen to miss... good luck.
- Absolute lack of communication between supervisors and staff.
These are just a few from my experience; I'm sure not everyone had such a bad experience. But if you want to work with kids and you want to make that a career, then yes, please work for the Y. Hopefully, your boss is better than some.
Pro érvek
Paid meetings, free lunches, no weekends
Kontra érvek
Terrible pay for the work you do, horrible communication
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun, hands on, consistent work
Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Wilton, CT2019, március 29.
I am never bored while I am at work at the YMCA. I am always up and about and I am getting exercise even though it doesn't feel like it because I enjoy it so much.
Productive and fun
Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2019, március 22.
A typical day at the YMCA is being a afterschool counselor. The after care program has taught many unique things such as leadership.i was able to learn about diffefent kids and the stories they taught me. Once the after care program begins i help the children do their homework.
Counselor
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Decatur, GA2019, március 21.
I loved my babies. I had grade level pre-k to 3rd graders. I was there to help them build character. I would have activities that would help build self love, self esteem, finding their passions, controlling their emotions, communication skills and etc.
family feel
Munkahelyi kultúra
it was a very fun enviroment to work in
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Richmond, VA2019, március 20.
The lifestyle at the YMCA is very fun its never a dull moment when your with your peers and espically when your working with the kids.

I learned at the YMCA that communication and teamwork are key to succsefull work enviroment
free lunch long breaks
there were no cons
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work at and good benfits
SACC Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Burlington, KY 410052019, március 19.
YMCA's childcare staff are always engaged with the children and helping them with homework. The director is always communicating with staff and parent on what is going on with the program. I like that since I was employed at the YMCA I had received a free membership to work out at the YMCA.
Fun Place to build Lasting Relationships
Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tennessee2019, március 11.
Working for the YMCA of East TN has given me such a deeper respect for the child care industry. I can truly say that the well being of children is always first priority, and though very rewarding and enjoyable, the job is not easy. But if you give it your all, and aren't afraid to act goofy with your kids, then you will LOVE working for the YMCA.
Cool place to work!
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wichita Falls, TX2019, március 1.
Great place to work for the children! Try them out not a lot of pay but great family like environment. It’s a non profit organization so funding is tight.
2,0
it was volunteering
East Pasco YMCA Summer Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Zephyrhills, FL2019, február 24.
Not much to say about this, considering it was a volunteering job, however it felt more your a camper than someone who ask to work volunteering, you barely do anything there
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Ymca camp orkila
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Juan Islands, WA2019, február 23.
One of the best places to work. On your feet all day and always having fun. Working with kids and exploring the San Juan Islands is a dream come true.
YMCA After School Care
Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hoover, AL2019, február 23.
I Enjoy working at the YMCA after school program because I get to interact with the children, helping them with homework and activities. Since working for the Y, I have learned the importance of a child well- being and how to handle behavioral situations from a different perspective. The workplace is in a school environment. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a child with behavior issues. The most important part of the job is seeing a child smile or when they give me a hug. the best part of my job is knowing I made a different in a child life.
Nice Environment
Pay
Its okay
AFTERCARE COUNSELOR (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Weston, FL2019, február 22.
The hardest part of working at the way would be able to communicate with other workers and being able to be on the same page as them and what not. I enjoyed working with the children.
children
Fun
Teen Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hernando, MS2019, február 17.
I got to work with kids and teach them new games. We also took field trips at the end of week. We went to many different places and was around different kids everyday.
1,0
Ok for starting career
Counsellor (Volt alkalmazott) –  North York, ON2019, február 12.
For a non profit company, they are careless toward their staff and clients. They do not care for their well being, personal life and growth. Be mindful working here. They will exploit you and leave you cold to dry.
Clients
Pay, Benefits, Management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Weird
Aftercare Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rahway, NJ2019, február 8.
Was an after school counselor with little support from main office. Placed with other employees, some untrained, schedules sometimes switched based on inability to have enough staff.
Loving and joyful experience
Special Needs Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL2019, február 7.
I love walking into work and doing hands on activities with the students and observing behaviors. You can feel the love when you walk into the room, its a beautiful experience with hands on staff and management who go above and beyond for staff and students.
Great Job
Childwatch Counselor, Trotter Family (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2019, február 6.
The excellent work environment for anyone looking for a first job. The hours are very flexible and the workload is not too taxing if you are also a student.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van