YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Childcare Provider

1 359 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 27 096 értékelés megtekintése
Enjoyable and rewarding job
Child care Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kelowna, BC, Canada2019, október 18.
It can be hard working with children but once you can connect with them it can evolve into a rewarding job that you look forward to. The hardest part about this job is having the skills to calm a child down who is upset while managing the other kids.
It was a time
Child Care Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Olympia, WA2019, október 16.
Most of the time we were understaffed because it was hard to keep staff on and subsitutes for staff were rare to actually get.
When were were in ratio we were sometimes called away from our site to go to other understaffed sites- which made both sites understaffed.
Kids are great, but having 60+ of them with only 3-4 staff? It makes life hard
Can't call in sick most of the time, you gotta go until you are barely in ratio enough to leave.
The staff can be great and fun and helpful, and others are there just to make money, and they don't really help out. its horrible.
A staff i worked with had a medical issue with their leg, and needed to sit after standing for a long while- but someone from management yelled at them saying they needed to stay standing. So workplace culture is hit or miss.
with some schools, there are too many kids for the amount of staff and the space given to us- especially if it rains, that takes away any and all playground time because we don't want wet miserable kids to be cold for 4-5 hours until their parents pick them up.
I learned how to clean up anything a body might produce that isn't healthy to be out in an open area during my time there. I learned how to get sharpie out of the floor and how to entertain kids for half an hour if nothing is ready for them.
I learned how to make up a project on the spot based on what little supplies we are given.
Many people quit after a day or a week, because we aren't given actual training of how to manage children and angry adults. they tell us ideal situations to deal with, but if an angry father comes
  több... yelling at you for who knows what reason- how do you respond when you are a teenager or a young adult? I am seriously asking because we didn't cover that.
They say we can have no physical contact with the kids- and that we can't hit kids which is reasonable, but when a kid keeps punching you in the arm and throwing stuff at your face what do you do? tell the parent its happening? go for it, but that probably won't help anything.
  kevesebb
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Benefits
Childcare Provider (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kapolei, HI2019, október 15.
YMCA is a great temporary or part time job. The hours are way too short and the pay is way too low. My time there I was given a lot of lenient treatment.
Ymca
Lincensed Child Care Teacher (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Morgan Hill, CA2019, október 14.
Typically we start off the day by greeting the kids until they are all settled down with their bags hanged up then we jump straight into hw. Next would be curriculum for the rest of the day which has a lot of outside group activities and indoor ones as well.
Fun place to work
Child Care Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ashland, KY2019, október 10.
This is an amazing place to work, it is a fun and relaxed fast-paced environment. Management is cooperative and understanding. The only down side is low pay rates and no way to advance past part-time and minimum wage in most cases.
childcare worker
Child Care Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2019, október 8.
● Talk with parents and coworkers about the progress of the children in our care.
● Being able to explain things in terms that young children can understand.
● Cleaning all the toys, counters, computer, walkie talkies, vacuum the three rooms, and clean
anything that comes into human touch regularly, a few times a day, everyday.
● Weekly, for the tween nights, I go over the required paperwork and vouchers with the new parents
and children, that allow the children to be in our care and file it.
● Have good judgment to be able to respond to emergencies or difficult situations.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Connecting with the kids.
Child Care Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Parkersburg, WV2019, október 7.
The best part about the job was the kids you took care of. There was nothing better than to see their smiling faces everyday when they won a game or got an a on a test.
Wonderful people
No benefits
The worst
Child Care worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Adrian, MI2019, október 4.
You get paid nothing for doing hard work. The childcare department could be so good but they always hire awful directors who don’t care about their staff. The staff is treated so poorly, management never has the staffs back. We never got paid overtime even when we worked over 40 hours a week. So shady.
The kids
The management
Amazing place to work
Peterborough - Childcare Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lakefield, ON2019, október 2.
exceptionally fun place to work, staff community is welcoming and kind, and working with children is never a bad thing. Company genuinely cares about their staff and families they provide care for.
3,0
Child Caring
Child Care Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Baltimore, MD2019, október 1.
It’s a chill job, you just make sure the children are doing what they are asked to do by the teacher, or whoever is in charge. Not hard to deal with, but can be when they are forced to do what they don’t want.
Easy working
Strict Staff
Easy going workplace
Child Care Worker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Stanwood, WA2019, szeptember 29.
I enjoy working with the people in my department.
I have enjoyed working under my current supervisor who is flexible with my availability with school.
My hours have been cut majorly.
Flexible
No break
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Dover Ymca is a great family oriented place. The work is pretty simple and the employees always greet you smiling
Childcare Staff (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Shelby, NC2019, szeptember 27.
The atmosphere is great there’s always somebody around the corner smiling and asking how you’re doing on any day of the week. The job is simple enough but it does have its days. There’s a rebellious kid here and there but nothing you wouldn’t expect to come with the 6-12 year old age group. You do feel part of something bigger once you begin to interact with and meet your Y family. Dover is a great place to work out at, as well as connect with the people you care about.
3,0
Depends on your supervisor
Counselor-School Age Child Care (Volt alkalmazott) –  Virginia2019, szeptember 27.
Transitions between supervisors can be problematic. What works for current may not be acceptable for future supervisors. Interpretations of operations policy is variable
Fast paced
Childcare Staff (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  As2019, szeptember 26.
There was always something to do, the coworkers are nice and made the job worth it, the managers were good with accepting when you requested time off.
Co-operative work environment
Child Care Teacher Part-time, Kitchener-Waterloo (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Waterloo, ON2019, szeptember 25.
Supervisors are all very kind and knowledgeable. Colleagues are all very supportive and wiling to help new staff members. Parents are always kept informed about their children's progress and well-being.
disappointing place to work
Childcare Staff (Volt alkalmazott) –  Joshua, TX2019, szeptember 23.
when I started work here, I looked forward to being in a healthy work environment with great coworkers and a company that actually cares about the community. NOT

PROS: it's a community focused company. sometimes
Cons: NOT HALF AS WELCOMING AS THEY CLAIM. Overall Stressful work environment. Immature Staff. Unprofessional management.
Essentially, High school all over again.

This job is not for everyone. A typical day at work consisted of my coworkers trying to get me fired. Spent half my 5 months of work in the "Principals" office getting blamed for things the other staff did and being accused of nonsense. With no real regard to the actual person I am. But since your new, they believe the veteran staff and whatever they accuse you of. you start the job with no real training. rely on the (not so) honest word of your coworkers to tell you what needs to be done. Employees would rather be anywhere else. If they like you, you might get a shift. Or all the shifts nobody else wants.
On time is late, too early is frowned upon, too late = pink slip.
Got along better with the people outside my department. At least the welcome desk was friendly.
Working in Childcare means 2 things, A. your being watched at all times. B. Your a human target. If you like working with kids, work in a school. I do NOT recommend the Y. should file a discrimination complaint for all the harassment I endured in that place.

But hey if you make a really great first impression they might treat you like a normal human being.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
teacher
Childcare Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Rye, NY2019, szeptember 22.
good people and co workers. i enjoy working with children of all different ages. i enjoy how helpful and organized everyone is. provides good experience for a future in the child care field of employment
fun workplace
Child Care Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2019, szeptember 22.
very fun place to work especially if you want to get some kind of experience with kids.Also, there is a lot of paid training which is always fun. Management isn't bad just inform them on your schedule and they can work with you
Sense of Community
Associate Branch Director / Child Care Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Marietta, OH2019, szeptember 19.
I loved coming in and seeing the childcare staff and all the children. You learned something new everyday and usually no two days were alike. Challenges did occur often, but the childcare staff are a great team and can always get through it.
Amazingly fun workplace
Childcare Worker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Glasgow2019, szeptember 19.
I loved working here, it will always be my favourite place and I'm always welcome back. The boss at my workplace was brilliant and I have made lifelong friends
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van