Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Childcare Provider

Munkakör megnevezése
Childcare Provider1 464 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
1 464 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 078 értékelés megtekintése
Unorganized
I was responsible for more children than normal because my coworker left a lot with no accountability. However I enjoyed working with the kids.
Extremely poor unorganized management
Poor management leads to stressed coworkers leads to toxic environment.
Management always blames you as if it is your problem not their's , always makes you feel insecure & stressed , barely do any training or guidance or even meetings .
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work with many great people
In my time working here, I have developed many new relationships while being able to do something I love. My boss is one of the most reliable people I have ever met. Scheduling is easy and requesting time off is easy as well.
Good experience
short/no breaks
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not the best but not the worst
I loved my job solely because I loved being there for the kids. I started off at $7.75 and moved up to $10 by the time I quit almost 2 years later. The management does not really take suggestions seriously and employee meetings were very rare so there was a lot of miscommunication. The work environment was not very positive at all. Management cares more about the customers being happy than the employees in general. It definitely could be worse, but it was not an amazing place to work. The scheduling isn't very flexible but that's not really a negative thing, just something to consider. I would probably work here again just because I loved the relationships I built with the members and their families.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A lot of variety and collaborative work culture
I enjoyed working for YMCA there was a lot of activities to keep the children engaged especially the outings. The staff were very supportive and helpful. Training was available in areas important to children's well-being.
Fun place to work
Kontra érvek
Hours vary according to ratios of Educators to children
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
I love working there.
A great diverse environment that poses a lot of great opportunities. It is a great place, full of great people. Offers a lot of room for self improvement and self realization.
Childcare
Every child and employee is a number. Every single person is replaceable and they will let you know that. But if you are absolutely desperate for a job then go for it.
Coworkers
Kontra érvek
Everybody is a number. You get no help.
Do Not Work at This YMCA
First off I had been working almost 5 years in the childcare department at the YMCA. I never got a raise, as I watched my co-workers get ahead of me in becoming headteachers when they paid zero attention to the children and sat on their phones. My boss was very incompetent and did not have a degree in childcare or any degree at all. She sat on her computer doing emails and social media and would ignore the children and parents. It was very disrespectful. She once slammed a gate in a child's face claiming she did not have time to play with them. She called the babies "its" and didn't even bother to learn their correct names. The ratio was 1 to 5; she was rarely in the room. It was very unsafe and while there were sometimes up to 10 young children in the room she would often leave me by myself to go make copies at the printer for over half over or brush her teeth (no joke). She talked about other co-workers behind their backs and was just extremely unprofessional. Management is very untrustworthy at this YMCA. When I reported her they said they stood with me, but then proceeded to do nothing about it. I had to pay for parking every day which was more then I made in a day! I never got a break and that's illegal when you work past a certain amount of hours. There was this man who worked in a different department whom I often encountered and he sexually harassed other employees at work including myself and my boss wanted me to lie about the situation to HR. This job is perfect if you want to feel unsupported daily and token advantage of.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
nice place but rude co workers
I love the setup and how you tell them what hours you want. But the management is very unorganized and employees/bosses come and go frequently. My coworkers in the child care are very cliquey and I’ve heard the same of other departments.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
Typical work day in the summer would be around 5-8 hours because we would have to switch shifts. For the school year we would work only 3 hours a day between 3 pm-6pm. I learned how to run a classroom efficiently & how to Create last minute activities. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing camper/students excited about coming everyday
Awesome place.
The ymca is very very caring and understanding. The childcare workers offer as much as they can. We care for you and your child(ren). The pay sucks. But other than that it is a very welcoming place
Supervision
The good is the children were very understanding and cooperative, they listened even though they had to adjust to a new supervisor. The bad was the capacity of children and not enough staff
Ymca
At the YMCA they are very family oriented and enjoy helping the community it was a wonderful experience to work there and it was a lot of fun. The YMCA is a great place to join
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall, amazing people to work with all around.
Everyone there has feels they belong and it becomes a family after awhile. I’ve made good connections working there and they are really good with being flexible. They also try and keep a regular schedule for employees.
Work place culture
Working for YMCA they care very welcoming to all culture. Never discriminated against anyone. They would decorate the building with everything culture to show they welcome all types.
Beggars can't be choosers
The hours upon hours that I wasted working for this company all to be fired at the end was the most unpleasant experience of my life. Other YMCA's across the country are working to help their employees during the coronavirus pandemic. Meanwhile, the YMCA of Rock River Valley fired all of their part-time employees, leaving hundreds of people jobless with no benefits whatsoever. I would suggest working for this company if you like dealing with shady management who only care about money and nothing else.
Underpaid
I have the best boss ever but we are super underpaid. Its not the hardest job but I should be making more than 8 dollars an hour when I have been working there for almost 5 years...
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and very fun and outgoing work environment.
I enjoyed working at the YMCA due to the amount of activity I was able to do and I was always on my feet which I loved. I absolutely love to stay busy.
Family Centered
Childcare is awesome and high quality, have to be flexible based on the number of children per day and the number of staff available each day. There is a lot of support for the staff when it comes to maintaining qualifications and education. The most enjoyable part of the job is the kiddos, teaching them and keeping them safe and letting them know they are loved.
Don't work here
YMCA in ocean springs is an awful place to work. HR doesn't do their job. Management is not good at all. Work environment is chaotic. Pay is terrible. They only allow part time work. No time off is allowed. I got pregnant and they chose not to work with me. Do not expect this to be a long term job where respect is given. It's not.
YMCA is great!
I really like working at YMCA! I love the staff. They were always so nice to me and so caring. It is really flexible and they always make sure to do what they can to make you love your job.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés