Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Camp Counselor

Munkakör megnevezése
Camp Counselor2 245 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
2 245 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 363 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was able to fit into the culture at the YMCA well. The managers were nice and very understanding. If a coworker had any problem they were able to take time out of their day to answer questions and concerns.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a good place to start out at the age of 16 and then work your way up the ladder. You meet many people and build connections to better your future. Flexible work hours that you make with your manager.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA’s child care service is top line. They have summer camps for when the children aren’t in school and parents are at work during the summer. And they have after school programs that help the children out with their homework and allow parents that get out of work late to pick up their kids well after school hours
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was the first year of summer camp at this location of the YMCA. It was poorly disorganized and overall pretty hectic work environment. We were a predominantly outdoor camp in the 90+ degree heat every single day, which is hard to manage 13-15 children complaining about the heat all day. Your other coworkers included other high school and college-aged kids so it was pretty easy to get along with all the coworkers. I worked at this YMCA two summers ago so I cannot speak for recent years and how things are now.
Munkahelyi kultúra
- I learned how to communicate better with others, how to start and sustain friendships, and how to be more confident with myself.
- The hardest part of my job was the hot days and the early mornings.

- Most enjoyable part of the day was seeing the smiles on the kids and counselors faces.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here as a youth summer camp counselor and would consider it to be a very high energy, fast paced work environment. The most challenging part of this job was keeping large groups of children occupied during recreational activities, which I accomplished with the help of my coworkers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good experience with helping students to grow. Working collaboratively with the other counselors to assist in lesson planning with activities and games.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at the island and they underpaid me despite working almost 48 hours a week. I was in the heat and blazing sun all day with tons of children of all ages which was fun but concerning.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Every summer I go to camp with YMCA. It’s one week of being in Big Bear and doing cool activities. This is volunteer work so no money involved BUT you get an amazing week that you won’t regret doing!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Being a Camp Counselor is rewarding in itself. YMCA provides training and plenty of support. The YMCA Benbrook has a well organized program that is enriching and fun for children.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at camp wewa has been the best experience of my life. Everyone gets along. Doesn’t make sense but if you’ve been to camp you’re part of the family.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y was a great summer job to have. The kids and the fun you have make the days fly by, it almost feels as if you’re getting paid to have fun. Amazing coworkers too.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was great, the people and the staff they were all great and most parents are mostly happy. And the kids if they see that you are happy they will do the same thing and make everyone around them happy.
Pro érvek
Free YMCA member ship
Kontra érvek
No breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had a lot of fun working at the y camp. The kids were great and they had very high energy. They were respectful. The staff was also respectful and was to work with.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My experience at the YMCA was truly enriching. From spending time with the children, to building relationships with my coworkers, my time working at the Y truly was enjoyable. I felt as though I was some sort of role model for the campers, as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is a great place for students to work. The schedule works with students who are attending school, but it is not a career job. There is not any future growth at this place of employment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My review about the YMCA is as a first job it is very fun and awesome to be around kids , overall experience was great but unfortunately I couldn’t handle school and working at that moment for personal reasons
Munkahelyi kultúra
I appreciated the opportunity to have a part-time job at the YMCA as a summer camp counselor because it gave me the ability to use my skills and interest in leadership and recreation while also earning some money for the rest of the school year when I wouldn't be working.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here as a teenager and greatly enjoyed my time as a counselor for young children. They were full of energy, so the job was a bit demanding in the fact that you always had to be on your toes. I highly recommend this job to people who are 15-20 years old, or to anyone who enjoys working with kids!
Munkahelyi kultúra
The kids are wonderful, especially once you get to know them. Of course there will be off days, but every person has off days. There is some cliquiness between coworkers that sometimes made working there hard and lonely.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s was very fun, engaging with the children. The job required supervision of the children. The job was overwhelming. Good hours. Great staff. Awesome environment
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés