Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Camp Counselor

Munkakör megnevezése
Camp Counselor2 275 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
2 275 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 221 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was able to fit into the culture at the YMCA well. The managers were nice and very understanding. If a coworker had any problem they were able to take time out of their day to answer questions and concerns.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A very fun , positive environment . The y is dedicated to providing children safety and fun for their summer , employees get to have fun as well while teaching and leading the youth in camp songs and activities
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved working at the YMCA but there were some days that were more difficult than others. The hardest part about working there was when kids would refuse to listen, but overall the kids were the best part about the job. Loved seeing a big smile on their face and getting to know each of these kids.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very Fun being able to inspire kids in the summer time. I looked forward to going into work every day as I worked at the YMCA for two summers. I was only going to do one but the way these kids made me enjoy my job every day I had to come back.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The organization is everything it claims to be. The pay is favorable to for entry-level roles and children are prioritized enormously in areas such as their camps and child-care. The organization has a slew of events that are designed to get families involved in their communities and feel connected to other families with similar values.
Pro érvek
Free gym membership
Kontra érvek
Some employees were hired that care nothing about children.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job allows employees to gain valuable knowledge of leadership, collaboration, and work ethic. By interacting with children and their guardians every day, it becomes a very rewarding job morally as you have the opportunity to develop the young minds of tomorrow.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It went really good! The people are amazing, the kids are amazing, and the CIT’s help out a lot! 10/10 would recommend this job to anyone. I really enjoyed it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
During the school year, it is a nice place to work. coworkers are really nice and management is very understanding of time off. working in the summer is a completely different story. Still lots of fun but very exhausting, only get a half an hour break for a 9 hour day of running around with kids. overall a very rewarding job at the end of the day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is definitely a good place to start working. You work with kids, which is easy, and you really get the gist of working while getting paid a decent amount of pay. It was very fun and you get to go on field trips and play/get to know the kids and parents, coworkers, etc.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I experienced a great time working at the YMCA as a camp counsellor! My coworkers were really friendly and our supervisors/directors were really supportive. I worked at a new location in Kensington and the directors made sure they were doing their very best to help us feel supported and motivated. The kids were very well behaved and loving! I'd love to experience this once again.
Pro érvek
Supportive
Kontra érvek
Unorganized
Munkahelyi kultúra
All my fellow employees and bosses were nice, firm, and understanding. They were pretty flexible if something came up and I needed the afternoon off. They were firm with being on time and getting off at the right time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job taught me a lot about myself and the responsibilities of handling children. Children are very hard to manage because they are so rambunctious but if you gain their respect they will listen to you
Munkahelyi kultúra
The best place to work in the summer. Amazing pay (besides me) and it was fun to be a camp counselor, Building bonds with families and seeing each child grow is an amazing experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
All the coworkers are friendly and approachable if you needed their help. Very easy to get along with everyone. In particular the kids at this branch were very well behaved making it a good environment. Not exactly a tight ran ship but does require you be flexible with your tasks e.g take over temporarily for another consular who runs mainly older kids activities.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a good place to start out at the age of 16 and then work your way up the ladder. You meet many people and build connections to better your future. Flexible work hours that you make with your manager.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA’s child care service is top line. They have summer camps for when the children aren’t in school and parents are at work during the summer. And they have after school programs that help the children out with their homework and allow parents that get out of work late to pick up their kids well after school hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was the first year of summer camp at this location of the YMCA. It was poorly disorganized and overall pretty hectic work environment. We were a predominantly outdoor camp in the 90+ degree heat every single day, which is hard to manage 13-15 children complaining about the heat all day. Your other coworkers included other high school and college-aged kids so it was pretty easy to get along with all the coworkers. I worked at this YMCA two summers ago so I cannot speak for recent years and how things are now.
Munkahelyi kultúra
- I learned how to communicate better with others, how to start and sustain friendships, and how to be more confident with myself.
- The hardest part of my job was the hot days and the early mornings.

- Most enjoyable part of the day was seeing the smiles on the kids and counselors faces.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here as a youth summer camp counselor and would consider it to be a very high energy, fast paced work environment. The most challenging part of this job was keeping large groups of children occupied during recreational activities, which I accomplished with the help of my coworkers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good experience with helping students to grow. Working collaboratively with the other counselors to assist in lesson planning with activities and games.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at the island and they underpaid me despite working almost 48 hours a week. I was in the heat and blazing sun all day with tons of children of all ages which was fun but concerning.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés