YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Camp Counselor

1 696 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 22 585 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Great Experience
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wrightwood, CA 923972018, augusztus 28.
There is many good about this job. Very rewarding to brighten kids lives, I would say the downside is that your in a mountain range for a week at a time and beside seeing the kids and co workers it does get isolating however that truly should not be a problem considering how everyone that works here is so inviting and friendly.
Fun
Sports Camp Counselor, Brandywine (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wilmington, DE2018, augusztus 26.
Loved working with kids and teaching them while they also taught me. I learned how to handle situations with children better while learning to stay on me feet and be more conscious of others.
productive fun work place
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Montclair, NJ2018, augusztus 26.
Overall a fun and great place to work. Kind and understanding supervisors. I enjoyed the core values that the YMCA stands for. It is a great place to better one's leadership skills.
Cut after 5 shifts
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Reston, VA2018, augusztus 25.
The YMCA over hired that summer. They expected higher volume of children for their summer camps and could not guarantee jobs or hours to any of their counselors.
love the YMCA family
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kennesaw, GA2018, augusztus 25.
Great place to work if you love kids , I was a camp counselor and the experience was amazing , from the co-workers to just planning the day with the kids. Its a great experience for real.
Great experience awesome staff
Kontra érvek
Could be paid more for the amount of work done.
Camp Hazen YMCA
Summer Camp Counsellor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chester, CT2018, augusztus 24.
I found it to be an awesome experience, and being able to meet so many interesting people from all over the world. It gave me the chance to learn new skills
Good first job.
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Gastonia, NC2018, augusztus 24.
Would recommend the job to make lasting relationships with coworkers, other than that the job is too high stress, low reward. You have long hours working outside in the heat. It was understaffed at times and safety rules were broken.
Kontra érvek
High stress, low pay, poor management
Fun
YMCA Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Greenville, TX2018, augusztus 23.
I enjoyed myself because it was very fun. People i worked with were super nice as well. The CEO took good care of us and she handled her business. Best job i have worked.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A fun place to work and grow
Camp Counselor and Daycare teacher (Volt alkalmazott) –  Watsonville, CA2018, augusztus 22.
I worked here for one summer for the summer camp. I loved working there. I got the opportunity and freedom to plan my own activities for the kids, and make sure that they are having fun as well as being safe. One of my roles at camp was leading the arts and crafts activities every day. I gained experience in teaching and being around children. I learned how to resolve conflicts between children. The hardest part of my job was dealing with children who do not behave well. However, by the end of the summer I learned skills that helped me stay calm and put the child first. Overall my experience was fun and I would say I grew a lot in what I want to do.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Amazing work place and environment
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Haverhill, MA2018, augusztus 20.
I grew up going to YMCA as a kid and working there has only continued to be a positive thing for me. The trainings made me prepared for most all situations that arose at camp, and is one of the only few jobs that I actually enjoyed going to.
Positive environment
Staff/ Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Yakima, WA2018, augusztus 16.
The YMCA has a fun and welcoming atmosphere. The staff feels like family and everyone gets along well. If there were any issues, I felt comfortable enough to go to my supervisors. The hardest part of the job is that unless you have a college degree or certifications, the likelihood of advancement is very low and the pay is no more above minimum wage.
Pro érvek
Great people and hands on experience with members
Salary is not great
It was fun
Camp Counselor/Teachers Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Burbank, CA2018, augusztus 14.
Working at the YMCA was a very fun experience! It was fast paced due to the fact that I was working with children. I also spent most of my time outside in the heat as well, which admittedly wasn't that bad. Overall my only issue was the pay. It did not pay enough for what they would require you to do on a daily basis
Pro érvek
In classroom and outside assistance with children
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun work environment
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Conover, NC2018, augusztus 13.
Great place to work. It was a welcoming environment and very helpful work staff. Great place to work for networking opportunities. Also comes with a free membership.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun, but not very lucrative
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2018, augusztus 12.
The environment and people were wonderful... however, the pay wasn’t! We worked long days, in and outdoors, with young and energetic children for around $7.50 an hour.
Environment, people, free membership
Kontra érvek
Pay, no real lunch break
YMCA Camp Counselor
Camp Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Oklahoma City, OK2018, augusztus 12.
Your day starts when you arrive at work. You job is to get the children excited about being at camp because often times they are nervous to be away from their parents for most of the day (8am to 6pm). You get the children pumped up by dancing and singing and BEING A KID YOURSELF! You are to participant in the games the children play so it works if you are a competitive individual. Hardest part of the job is saying by to the children after summer camp is over. It is the hardest part because you have developed a bond with these children and watched how they changed and developed over the course of camp and so saying goodbye can be hard. You do not receive breaks. The break you have is lunch and you are normally sitting with your children. You usually have a group of 12-15 children but the group size varies because sometimes children do not got o camp and stay home or go on vacation.
Pro érvek
Interacting with children. Being active. Discount at YMCA.
Kontra érvek
Not many if any breaks. The Y is always on a budget so you don't get paid well.
Summer camp
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Massachusetts2018, augusztus 11.
worked with a variety of kids. Co-Workers were fun to work with as well as the kids. It could be very strict when needed. Rules were always enforced, but at the same time it was very relaxed and ongoing.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Productive and Fun workplace
CAMP COUNSELOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wake Forest, NC2018, augusztus 9.
As a counselor at Camp Kanata YMCA your main goal is the safety and entertainment of the campers. Being a counselor, you must be attentive, and creative 24/7. Counselors stay at the camp overnight for 6 nights of the week, with only 8hrs off in the week.
Pro érvek
Food, and housing is included in the job title.
Kontra érvek
Only 8 hours off in the week. Main schedule is during the Summer in intense heat and humidity.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace for customers and employees
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chesterfield, VA2018, augusztus 7.
I was a camp counselor at YMCA Camp Thunderbird. I led groups of 26+ children and created an outdoor schedule for camp attendees. I learned various styles of leadership and learned that children can come from various backgrounds. The management was adequate. Some areas of the camp site were was and bee infested. The hardest part of the job was working in 100+ degree weather. Although I provided my children with many water breaks, many attendees and employees suffered from severe dehydration. The most enjoyable part of the job was orientation. I met many employees and we still keep in touch today.
friends with employees
bad pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good job for a young kid
YMCA Camp Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Jersey Shore, PA2018, augusztus 6.
Good job for young kid in school. The pay is not very good and it is not a full time job for many people. It comes with a free membership which is very nice.
Free membership
No breaks
Creative and fun environment
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Hartford, CT2018, augusztus 6.
The YMCA allows you to be who you are and do what you love 24 hours a day/7 days a week. The Y provides a wide variety of programs for members, guests and campers... Focusing on inner and outer strength. The Y is a safe place to belong and a safe place to work. I did a lot of growing as a person while working for the Y.
Get to be outside
Pay is low
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van