YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Camp Counselor

2 207 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 28 313 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA Summer Camp was good summer job for a high school student.
Wee Y Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  O'Fallon, MO2020, február 3.
I appreciated the opportunity to have a part-time job at the YMCA as a summer camp counselor because it gave me the ability to use my skills and interest in leadership and recreation while also earning some money for the rest of the school year when I wouldn't be working.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to start working
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hopkinton, MA2020, február 2.
I worked here as a teenager and greatly enjoyed my time as a counselor for young children. They were full of energy, so the job was a bit demanding in the fact that you always had to be on your toes. I highly recommend this job to people who are 15-20 years old, or to anyone who enjoys working with kids!
The Kids are Worth It
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Iowa City, IA2020, január 31.
The kids are wonderful, especially once you get to know them. Of course there will be off days, but every person has off days. There is some cliquiness between coworkers that sometimes made working there hard and lonely.
Camp counselor
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hinesville, GA2020, január 31.
It’s was very fun, engaging with the children. The job required supervision of the children. The job was overwhelming. Good hours. Great staff. Awesome environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to spend your summer
Camp Counsellor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Haliburton, ON2020, január 30.
I absolutely loved my time at Wanakita. The hours were long and the pay isn't great but the connections you make and the lessons you learn are priceless.
overall pleasant summer job
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pine Level, AL2020, január 28.
Working at the YMCA as a summer camp counselor is definitely a job for teenagers or the like. You are expected to be high energy all day for the children as they look up to you. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The management is more or less hands off when it comes to their presence. My branch had a bad habit of hiring more people than they needed, so the hours weren't great, but it was an overall very enjoyable summer job. Definitely not something for main income.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
You have to love what you do to stay with this company.
Camp Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lake Nona YMCA2020, január 28.
I will say that one of the things I am thankful for from the YMCA are the relationships and bonds I have built with families and co-workers and that is one of the reasons why I continue to come to work. It is motivating to have members engage with you, remember you, and enjoy having you around. It is heart warming to know that a child in your program looks forward to being in your group during after school program or to know that you can be a positive impact on their life. It is exciting to come to work with great co-workers to talk to and work with. I'm thankful for those relationships, however, for the most part I am unhappy with working for the YMCA and I would not recommend this job to many people. The YMCA has lost it's purpose. How can we work on strengthening a community if we don't have strength as a staff? I have worked in multiple locations (Branch site and Family Center) and over the years I have seen the Y care less and less about their own staff. I typically work with the children in after school care and summer camp and it seems like as long as you are 18 you will be hired. Counselors are not being properly trained, supervisors do not check on their staff to see what actually goes on in program, and things are completely unorganized. If I did not have a love for children, this job would not be worth keeping. I've gone to my supervisors about situations that happen in program in regards to staff or children but it does not sound like my voice is heard because little to nothing has been done to resolve the situations. For example, my supervisor has been told multiple  több... times that multiple counselors continue to sit during program or stay on their phones and to this day it is still being done. There are times where kids are sat up at the front with the supervisor due to bad behavior but it's more of a free time because the kids do not get spoken to. They sit up at the front for a few minutes or so then get sent back to the group. Some of the staff who work hard and do what they are expected to do are not often recognized. The pay is low as well and for what we do, it is not worth it at all. I wish the company gave more attention to their staff. The audits need to be completely random and should be more often than once a summer. Our own supervisors should not even be aware of them. I feel that we as employees should be asked about how we feel about the environment we work in. Again I wish the company gave more attention to their staff and what is going on in all departments. There is so much more to say about working at the YMCA but I'll end here.  kevesebb
Pro érvek
Great opportunities to build relationships.
Kontra érvek
Low pay, lack of communication, and little leadership.
It was my second job
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Charlotte, NC2020, január 28.
Its was a great experience work with kids and interacting with other counselors. It also helped me understand what kids like to do and don't like. Overall it was a learning experience
fun working with kids
YMCA Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bay Shore, NY2020, január 27.
had many fun and laughable monuments with the kids at the camp, made sure they were safe and they had lots of fun. I had a small group I worked well with everyone.
2,0
From bad to worse
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2020, január 26.
I will never work their again. Had to report my boss for child endangerment. Company lied about moving people to higher positions constantly to keep them.
YMCA review
Camp Counsellor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brampton, ON2020, január 26.
The YMCA was a good experience I learn a lot about taking care children. And you don't have to take care everything by yourself you have co workers the to help. That how YMCA is
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to have fun with kids and get to know coworkers
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Charlotte, NC2020, január 25.
I was at first slightly nervous to start working there, but that was instantly changed as I got to know my coworkers there. The YMCA is a great place to work and I would work there again.
3,0
Not good
Day Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ottawa, IL2020, január 22.
I did not have a good time working here. The management did not care about the kid to staff ratio. It became unsafe and I had to beg for another person
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Camp Counselor
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Camarillo, CA2020, január 20.
Only worked there for one summer camp and had a blast. I was a group leader with two other coworkers in charge of about 10-20 kids a day, the are groups ranged from 4-10. We were in charge of their safety as well as making sure they were all having fun. We went on field trips to the beach and to the zoo. We also planned events and games constantly. My coworkers and I were trained properly on what to do and how to do things based on a child's experience.
Camp Counselor
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Montclair, NJ2020, január 20.
A job that has strengthen my problem solving skills , because working with children will help you do that. When you can solve issue with children or with their parents I believe you are at an immediate advantage in the workforce .
Great environment
Camp Counselor Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tampa, FL2020, január 19.
In my opinion I think that the YMCA is a great place to go and the people there are always in spirit and even the employees when I was there..definitely a place you should send your kid for a summer program :)
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Louisville, KY2020, január 15.
It’s fun job to do. Requires a lot of patience and having to like kids, you also will be working in the heat so you have to like summer time and be responsible for the kids and their safety.
Loved this job
YMCA Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tarpon Springs, FL2020, január 15.
I had the opportunity to impact so many young students’ lives and I will always cherish that time. I was able to see some students grow and graduate. I still think about my students and sometimes reach out to them.
Ymca at Kraft
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Apex, NC2020, január 13.
The YMCA is a family first friendly atmosphere that includes everyone. The YMCA helped me understand how little kids work and how to respect them as well as building a relationship with them
The Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job
Bear Glasgow YMCA Summer Camp Day Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bear, DE2020, január 12.
The YMCA is a very welcoming place and very family friendly. I’ve worked there for almost 5 years now. They gave me my first job at the age of 15. They never discriminated against me and always held me to the same standards as others no matter my age.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van