Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Camp Counselor

2 242 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 733 értékelés megtekintése
Ymca
I was able to fit into the culture at the YMCA well. The managers were nice and very understanding. If a coworker had any problem they were able to take time out of their day to answer questions and concerns.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a good job i would highly recommend
I worked at the YMCA over the summer. I had a great time there, my co workers were great and my supervisors were great. The kids i worked with were pretty cool and smart.
Super Fun
I loved the kids and the people I worked with. It was overall a very exciting place to work. I was never upset and always excited when heading into work.
Great
Amazing Job due to the passionate employees and managers. Holistic Health was taught to employees and the environment fostered career growth. Would advise this job to teenagers.
Fast-paced and rewarding
Spent all day with children aged 6-15 for two months. Ate, taught and organised events and activities with them. After breakfast and cabin cleanup, I taught horse-riding to multiple levels. Cabin activities in the afternoon then on duty for 'optional rec'. Dinner then either cabin, unit or all camp activity.
Improved skills such as leadership, timekeeping, communication, organisation, confidence and teamwork.

Management was good, with 'unit leaders' covering 4-5 cabins. They were made aware of any issues and were there to lend a hand if needed.

This job was very tiring and demanding with not much in the way of salary (Camp America organisations take a lot of it) but the rewards of appreciation and community are very good.

I loved meeting new people in other counsellors and various campers. I have got many friends for life.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Camp Reed was a wonderful experience and I hope to return
Camp Reed was an amazing place to work because it was great to collaborate with other people my age and help kids that either have privileges or don't to have a great time out at a beautiful summer camp. Management loves the same things we do about the camp and do a great job making sure it keeps those attributes.
Munkahelyi kultúra
loved my summer camp experience
I worked the Markham ymca for summer. camp and it was such a fun summer I loved in the work environment was awesome the kids were awesome. the hours were good aswell management was very easy to talk to you accommodating.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great time with campers and a big gym for fun
I had a great experience working for the summer camp program. We spent most of our time outside on fields playing games and also in the gym running different activities with
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work with kids
It was a fun experience however management was a disaster. After multiple staff members complained about it, the HR department did not do anything to make the situation better. Management took advantage of its position.
Wonderful
Loved working with the kids not a job if you are stressed out easily but it definitely was a job I loved going too everyday the kids are sweet and loved the company in general
The company
Pay wasn't The best
Munkahelyi kultúra
Too strict, constantly hawked on by management
Very strict like overly strict a lot of times sucked the fun out of activities not allowing children to do a lot of things made it like a secondary school, the children made it fun sometimes stressful but thats always going to happen when working with children overall liked the job just not worth the pay for everything they asking of you to do in the job description.
fun workplace
Work as a camp leader is fun and inclusive, at the same time challenging and tiring. However, the feeling at the end of each camp is priceless, as you get immediate satisfaction when you see how happy you have made the kids.
Vibrant & Dedicated Workplace
A typical day at work would be making sure every group of children feel safe & also handling situations with parents.
You also meet new people such as Co-workers.

The Management was very understanding & well with their communication skills.

The setting was very diverse.

The most enjoyable part of this job is to see how I have an impact on each child and making sure they had an amazing day.
Free food and Merchandise
Not great, not terrible
Working for the YMCA hasn't been an overall negative experience. The work you do for the pay is very low, especially working with children. They are nonprofit, so it is understandable.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with the younger campers and the overall day to day camping curculium was great
For anyone interested in going into teaching or child care, this summer position is a must. You work directly with all age ranges of campers for full day during the week managing activities, overall care of the campers and direction or learning when the opportunity arose.
Summer camp staff member
As a sleep away summer camp counselor, you work 24 hours and have very little pay. If you calculate our your pay at the time of my employment, it came out to 1.36 an hour. Yes, they provide you with room and board, but that is with your cabin of children and is not ideal compensation considering. At private camps you make way more money per summer.
Pro érvek
Working with some extraordinary people and children
Pay.
fair, equitable place
at the ymca community and collaboration are at the forefront of the job, its a place where learning on the job is encouraged and staff are friendly and you learn alot
Hard to improve
Hard to improve, stressful environment, age based, a lot of misbehaving kids, mostly high school students, tiring, extremely low paid, less than minimum wage seasonal
Friends
Low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced but enjoyable and fun
The working environment was very enjoyable because you get to work with kids but the supervisors made sure the counselors enjoyed themselves along with making sure the kids enjoyed themselves.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My job at the YMCA is the most fun job I have ever had.
All my coworkers are very kind at the YMCA. The pay is fair and depends on your education. It is rewarding helping kids and their families. On top of that, you receive a free gym membership plus you are able to be a part of many of the fun events the Y has throughout the year!
Okay job
I worked in the gymnastics department and I only worked about 3 hours a week to just help out with the counselors. I must say, time went by incredibly slow, everyone got paid the same even coaches. Most people complain about this job because they love the kids and the job however they never get raises.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés