Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Camp Counselor

2 240 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 695 értékelés megtekintése
Ymca
I was able to fit into the culture at the YMCA well. The managers were nice and very understanding. If a coworker had any problem they were able to take time out of their day to answer questions and concerns.
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun and energetic work environment
i have worked with and for the ymca for years. i absolutely love my job and my coworkers. i am a student so the work hours are flexible and they always help to accommodate me
Teacher
I was able to watch and teach children from ages 4-13. We took them on field trips to places such as Magic Springs and downtown Hot Springs. We were able to do different activities that were based on the themes for the week, which the kids enjoyed very much. I was a teacher for preschoolers and they loved to go outside so every chance I was given, that’s what we did. It was a great summer camp.
Very Freindly and Productive Workplace
All of the staff members were young so it was always fun and productive, Making sure the kids were having fun and enjoying their time there during their breaks. Parents always showed appreciation towards the staff members. Great environment.
3,0
A good experience
I had a good time working with the children that attended the summer camp. I learned to have patients with my coworkers and the children and shut out negative energy.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
it was okay
I enjoyed working with the kids as a camp counselor but with all thing there was a bit of a downfall. I honestly do recommend this job if you actually like working with kids. If you do not have the patience or tolerance for children this is not the job for you. It is unfair for the kids who want to have a good time and the parents who spend their money sending their child to camp.
It's awesome for students
I had alots of fun working with the kids and doing activities , field trips and singing in the circle with them , staff team were awesome too I wish I can work there again
A Great Place for Students
Within the childcare department of the YMCA of Whatcom County, you'll find nothing but smiling faces and dedicated people working to make the world a better place. If you're looking for part time work, especially on a Student's schedule, bad you have a passion for working with children, consider applying!
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced and stressful environment
Being a camp counsellor for the YMCA was both stressful and rewarding. Every day was different, I could never predict what would happen the next day. Guiding and encouraging children of the next generation was difficult, but having a caring and helpful staff made the experience more appealing. Hardest part about the job was keeping track of up to 15 children at a time.
Super fun, Lots of hours
Not a super flexible job with what days you want to work, however that will be the same with any job as a camp counselor. The team is always willing to help in the case of absence for illness or emergency. Super fun community that's inclusive and helpful. Really gave a sense of fulfillment working with kids and providing a fun sense of adventure while also being responsible for their well-being. Best training for a job I have ever done, and definitely prepared me and hyped me up for the job.
It was great
I had a great time working for the YMCA. I even went back to work for them the following year. They were very flexible when it come to working hours and we’re very inclusive.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Perfect opportunity for people looking to work with kids
Worked all weekdays during summer camp for years. Really thorough training. Lots of special events and travel to fun locations. Great opportunity for a young, inexperienced employee to grow.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Working for the YMCA gave the the best experience working with kids as well as parents. It also gave me the experience in talking and communicating with people of all ages and way to affectively express concerns.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Amazing place to work but very limited off time
This is such a fun and rewarding job, and its a good time meeting a bunch of other college students your age, in a place where people talk about faith and care about faith more than most places you'll go. However, the job is draining, as you only get 2 nights off a week from 5 pm -midnight, and 25 hours off on the weekend from 11 am Saturday to 12pm Sunday (you do have to work one weekend though). Every weekend you also have to write usually 5 page and a half parent letters, which takes up a big chunk of your weekend and is the last thing you wanna be doing when you are so drained, but you also wanna write them well because you love the kids you're writing them for. Overall awesome job but not nearly enough time to spend recharging so you get super drained. I went back for a second summer because I enjoyed the first so much but I don't think I will do a full third because of how draining it is, among other reasons.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fulfilling for the soul not the pockets
Working at the YMCA was an overall good experience. Working as a camp counselor was fun and fulfilling for the soul. However the compensation is minimum wage and even then many times counselors will spend time off the clock working for camp.
1,0
Hated it
Well first of all the job posting lied about the pay, it was extremely unorganized. And my supervisors Malloree & briana Were horrible during their role of “leadership” . My experience was very unprofessional. I had to work a whole month before I could be paid. Overall it was a horrible experience.
Fun Children
Fun place to work great kids, I would highly recommend pay rate is just so horrible below minimum wage to work for 12 hours a day. The culture is great as well highly recommend
Great place to work at
Great place to work at I loved the people and the kids and it was such a fun and loving work environment. I made great connections with the kids and people who worked there
Very outgoing environment
A lot of kids to keep track of so must always be on alert. Stay active and keep the kids busy or it will be a long day. Being in the sun most of the time causes you to need to stay hydrated and fed.
Productive and fun workplace
During the summer I'm a camp counselor for preschool-aged children. Each week there would be a new theme for the children to attend. During the school year, I work with toddlers at their Childwatch program.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace and great employees
Having several kids to watch could be stressful, but everything about it is fun. Awesome activities to do each day with the kids. You are sad to leave because you learn to love the kids as time goes on.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés