Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Assistant Supervisor

Munkakör megnevezése
Assistant Supervisor59 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
59 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 534 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great work culture, great kids, very flexible with your schedule. What they lack in pay they make up for with their benefits and flexibility. I love the split schedule during the school year.
Pro érvek
Free membership, paid vacation days, flexible, good staff, possible tuition assistance
Kontra érvek
Work school breaks, pay could be better
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management is nice, they have meetings pretty frequently and are always available to answer questions if necessary. well organized and kids are in good hands.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA was a un place to work. I will say the pay is not there, but you do get a free membership for yourself or at least used to be able to get a free membership, its been a few years since I worked there.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Don’t waste your time working here it’s horrible everything is all over the place they get you started and have you running all over. It’s no type of structure at all. I feel bad for our staff because we use to be a good company but now it’s not.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like working here. I only wish I made more money. I've been here for 11 years.
Most times the schedule is flexible and getting days off is able to be done.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was fun and rewarding to work with youth development and care. The work was good, the job was terrible. Constant lack of everything you were required to have, constant unpaid work, constant lack of respect from workers and customers. The wages are low, the hours are awful, and the only way to get ahead was to be part of the "in" crowd.

Great opportunity if you like kids, have tons of free time, and don't need money at all.
Pro érvek
Kids are awesome to work with.
Kontra érvek
Poor compensation, no respect from management, difficult hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My overall experience was average. The YMCA was understaffed at times. not always able to get bathrooms when needed. I was able to maintain my employment during slow periods.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love the Ymca.. great family's and love the staff I work with. We treat our children there like they are our own children.. they children teach you as well as you teach them
Munkahelyi kultúra
Learned how to eventually become a manager elsewhere. The glenwood daycare manager would rather stay in her office than help anyone.The school age kid manager is good though.
Free gym
No healthcare
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working there is good if you like being with parents and kids. The relationships are great with the children. I enjoyed working with the people at the Hbg YMCA better, because it is more organized.
Munkahelyi kultúra
We had a great group of workers and an awesome group of kids at the Waterford YMCA. I liked working at this job and only left because the next job paid so well.
Pro érvek
It was my job to play and be creative.
Kontra érvek
Your with kids all day. They will always have more energy then adults.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The POCONO Family YMCA has hand down been the worst work environment I have ever endured. The management is disrespectful and even spiteful. The pay in little to nothing for the work that is expected. Management cares more about the quantity of members over the quality of customer service we were able to provide. They did not listen to staff feedback and encouraged us to quit if we did not agree with their decisions.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I am grateful for my position but morale is low and I am unsure that the organization has much consideration for the situation, the childcare center, or the employees. That being said, I have a wonderful director who tries the best she can.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work is fun and different every day. You learn new skills as you continue progress with the company. Management is professional and understanding which staff. Working with youth is one of the most enjoyable aspects when working for this company.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really enjoyed my job. I loved working with children. Playing with them, watching them learn and grow. I did a Circle Time with them every morning, we did Abc's, counted, worked on colors and shapes, recognizing their name and birthdays. It wasn't just a paycheck for me, I got joy out of it.
I couldn't deal with the poor management and the way they treated employees. Worst part of the job. I hated that I had to leave after 3yrs but it was for the best.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job duties include compiling the purchasing list of supplies for the entire YMCA summer camp activities program. I supervised the camp counselor's to ensure the proper care was given to all children providing a healthy, safe and fun filled summer camp. Also, supervised children on field trips to local locations. My responsibilities also included confronting parents regarding concerns with their children and working towards a win-win solution for the child and summer camp. I also was responsible for collecting payments each week.
Weekends off
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoy being at the YMCA. Everyday is something new, the children are such a joy to work with. Being at the Y has taught me how each child is different and will have ways of dealing/reacting towards certain situations.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The idea of creating a safe place for the kids to flourish was definitely there. But between lazy management and unmotivated coworkers the concept fell short in the field.
Kids are awesome!
Kontra érvek
Making sure your supervisor does the right thing.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I work in childcare and as you might figure, working with several women can be stressful at times. They love to gossip which is difficult for a person who is more straight forward about asking what I did wrong so that i can fix it. Instead of helping, they prefer to tell everyone else about your mistakes which can be uncomfortable. They also keep you right under 40 hours, so that they do not have to give you benefits. This is another downfall to the YMCA. What I will say about the Y though, is that the children are wonderful and have made this whole experience worth it. I have grown close to them over the last few years and it will be hard to leave them.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love the job itself. Fun families and kids to work with. Management is awful though. Hard to love a job when management does anything to make your day harder.
Munkahelyi kultúra
One of the most difficult parts of this job is communication. Daily, I must communicate with students by telling them what is expected of them and what they are to learn. I communicate with my co-teachers to implement lesson plans and discuss how the students are going through their day. We also keep in contact if there are groups in multiple locations. I must also connect with parents so they are aware of the students' progress and any issues that may have occurred on any given day. Lastly, I communicate with the Child Care Director about numerous topics pertaining to the students' well being and improvement at the center.

If any of the communication throughout the day is withheld or misinterpreted, many things could go wrong, which in turn causes some stress and tension in the workplace. My co-teachers and myself work very hard to maintain good communication, as it leads to a smoother day for everyone involved.
Minimal breaks