Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA Alkalmazotti bírálat

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
Mind a(z) 29 789 értékelés megmutatása
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was able to fit into the culture at the YMCA well. The managers were nice and very understanding. If a coworker had any problem they were able to take time out of their day to answer questions and concerns.
Munkahelyi kultúra
not bad at all. it was chill. People weren't too serious, but it wasn't too loose. very nice members and other employees. came with free membership and lots of good times
Munkahelyi kultúra
I think management could be a bit better, but they do try. The camp day was in need of more structure and better activities to keep the kids engaged. More fun learning activities would've kept the kids better engaged in my opinion. A great summer job for someone who likes kids and has patience working with them.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Normally, you would get a rise after 1 year of working there, but i still am making the same amount when i first got hired. It is an easy job all around and especially good for students who work part time because scheduling accommodates it. But, to get actual hours is hard. I want to work 20-30 hours a week, but im getting like 8.
Flexible Scheduling
Not enough hours
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day working at the YMCA is like a warm greeting every time I walk into my work place. It truly is a family having someone to talk to and ask for advice when coming across a problem with a co-worker or civilian. The hardest is finding your place in the facility however, soon enough you find it quickly. The best part is teaching and helping the kids with something new they can remember for a life time.
Great communication
Munkahelyi kultúra
Started out as a supervisor and was promoted within a year and then was demoted to part-time for financial reasons . Stuck with company part-time still and was passed up for a full-time job when the time came.
Pro érvek
You get to meet a lot of great people, socialize, and play games with kids
Kontra érvek
Some Management, Asked to cover odd shifts sometimes, a lot of false appreciation
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved the job playing with the kids. Everyday it was fun teaching them stuff.and panting with themThat’s was fun just seeing them smile made me happy.
Free food
Kontra érvek
It wasn’t nun that I can think of I was okay w everything
Munkahelyi kultúra
While it is an easy going job it does get tedious at times. It's a very chaotic place to work, management is hit or miss. Some are chill and cool, others are very rude. Overall it is a solid job if you're just looking to make some easy money. Coworkers and members are great, although there are always exceptions to the case.
Not a ton of structure
Not a ton of structure
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working with the kids. It's amazing to see how much you can change their life and how much you can be a positive influence. Working with the kids almost made it worth it. However, we are so underpaid for our job and a lot of counselors worked 50+ hours. Our management was horrible and unsupportive except for our camp director, who was great. So much drama between staff and even some of the older kids noticed. However, I did make a lot of friends working here. But the stress between drama, constant drama, and uncaring bosses, I would look for another summer camp to work at. I loved the kids and the camp apart from its employees, but I decided to leave this past summer.
Pro érvek
Working with children, lots of young people to befriend, autonomy while on the job
Kontra érvek
Work culture, no breaks, long hours, poor management, underpaid
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management staff. One way thinking from the top down. You are management or staff. Management isn’t listening to members or staff either way. Whatever you do. Don’t speak up or they will find a way to get you out of the company FAST. It may be a Christian based organization however management is far from it. If you want to join a cult, become a director there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
When it comes to employment Money Matters. YMCA is a nice place to work if you like making low paychecks. I fell behind with a lot of bills because of their low paychecks. I got desperate I was on the verge of eviction so one pay. I went all desperate mode and I overstayed on the clock. I was able to catch up and avoiding eviction but it cost me this job. The whole reason why I was in this situation was because of the beer flu virus. Before YMCA I had my own vending machine business and I lost it because of the pandemic. By the way this company's hours are not flexible because if you have a second job this company will interfere with your second job just for the heads up.
Low paychecks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Mission driven, supportive culture and community focused. Established partnerships with other non-profits to better serve the community. Was always more than a gym and a swim. Created opportunities for member volunteerism.
Pro érvek
You wear many hats at the Y
Munkahelyi kultúra
At first they said they encourage education and will work around school hours. The first semester, they did that. Then, two days and a weekend before school (college) started, they told me they only had full-time positions and could not work around my school. Wow! I can't imagine what they meant by their double-minded efforts to work around my education, but all bets were off and with no notice whatsoever. Good luck if you have any questions to ask them or if you want to let them know about a mistake on their website they want you to work from. They get condescending and will make out as if your a troublemaker, until they see they are wrong, then they are apologetic for a short minute. At some point they go back to being short, unapologetic, and treat you as if your bothering them when you reach out for help or support. Good luck if you get hired on here. They don't actually value their employees, like they state that they do, and they definitely do not exhibit the characteristics of Christian values in this country.
Pro érvek
The pay is 15.00 an hour, but it really is not worth it.
Kontra érvek
Don't expect to get a bathroom break and not have to ask someone if you can take one.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Capacitación y crecimiento profesional con aptitudes y estrategias por parte de la empresa y mías.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the Tampa Y was a great experience! Being that this is a non profit corporation it can be hard to get a promotion. I loved working at Y but there were times I felt overwhelmed and wore multiple hats. I left the Y to look for a company that could enhance my professional development. I felt very stagnant at the Y. Overall, most of the jobs are targeted to college and high school students. Decent experience.
Fun work environment
Kontra érvek
No professional growth, lack of promotions
Munkahelyi kultúra
The absolute worst. Please stay away! They only care about 2 classrooms in the whole building. Give special treatment to certain staff members. The amount of autistic children they enroll on a regular basis is ridiculous because they aren’t receiving any of the services they NEED. All they care about is enrollment and money. The turnover rate is horrendous but not surprising because this entire building is as well. They have roaches and won’t do anything about it either.
Everything about this place
Munkahelyi kultúra
worked as a life guard, management is not too bad. If you did your work, no one bothered you. Pay was not the best since you had to get certified to be a life guard and pay for it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great company. Most managers are competent in their role. Co-workers made the job fun. Members have a sense of entitlement. WBP did not like asking people for donations, great cause. Just hate asking for money personally or professionally.
Flexibility
Kontra érvek
Meetings- Lengthy and WBP did not like asking people for donations, great cause. Just hate asking for money!
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was passed over for opportunity after opportunity and was never given leadership in my last job with the company. My supervisor was very unprofessional and absent.
The gym was free
money
Munkahelyi kultúra
My time working as a Volunteer at the YMCA in Redditch was a great experience. It not only gave me a confidence boost but it also helped me to learn new skills, which in some ways, helped me to decide on my future and finding work.I could choose my own hours usually doing 9am - 3.00pm. This gave me an opportunity to get a good days work in, doing jobs from start to finish. I worked for the Maintenance department and mainly did painting and preparing rooms ready for new residents to move in.
Pro érvek
Everyone is friendly and treat you with respect.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked as a lifeguard for 6 years and eventually became a lifeguard instructor and an aquatics coordinator. Management was ok to start but became increasingly concerned with themselves and not their employees. They believed everyone working there would eventually stay on forever. They offered ok incentives if you put in the time, but the consistent criticism from management and the assumption that you know nothing makes wanting to stay difficult. I’ve seen management criticize employees in front of of others, ignore members concerns, and dismiss anything that may indicate they need to improve. Any attempt to improve management/employees relations is nothing more than a charade because they simply don’t want to acknowledge the cult like atmosphere they’ve slowly cultivated. It was once a great place to work with flexible hours and great engagement with members and excellent coworkers, but management and new corporate policies made it increasingly difficult to remain an employee.
Pro érvek
Flexible hours, good benefits for part time employees who put in the time
Kontra érvek
Management isn’t very supportive.
  1. Alkalmazotti értékelések