Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA Alkalmazotti bírálat

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
Mind a(z) 29 210 értékelés megmutatása
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was able to fit into the culture at the YMCA well. The managers were nice and very understanding. If a coworker had any problem they were able to take time out of their day to answer questions and concerns.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Supervisors don’t respect or trust their staff enough. Give impossible deadlines and no additional paid work hours given, but scolded if not completed.
Coworkers are fine, but staff are the last thought from upper management

I was bullied internally for over a year and my supervisor and the department head knew...and did nothing...for a year.
Pro érvek
Free-ish gym membership, flexible hours, free-ish uniforms
Kontra érvek
Average pay, little support, raises are extremely rare
Munkahelyi kultúra
The West cook YMCA itself is falling apart and way before covid. The building has roaches and bed bugs. Working in the daycare room i would complain about the bed bugs because the thought of a baby getting bit in my care terrified me yet they never closed the building to actually and thoroughly get rid of the pest problem. And after while I was scared to complain. The daycare room also violated many basic rules that child care providers should follow; for example the shelves are not harnessed and can fall on children. The toys are very old and broken, paint chipping and such. We had no budget for supplies and i would often take crayons paper etc and I would often pay for those things. All while making only $11/HR
Pro érvek
Free lunches (but not often enough)
Culture, management
Munkahelyi kultúra
In the fall of 2019 a new CEO was hired. He fired a handful of longtime staff in management positions at the Taylor facility and then hired his former co-worker to run the Taylor facility as branch manager. They both run the organization by instilling fear on the staff. In addition to management staff being terminated, multiple longtime staff members were unjustly terminated. The new branch manager at Taylor can't keep track of his lies and is a very bitter man. He talks out of both sides of his mouth. Neither of the men came on staff interested in finding out the culture, demographic, or how programs operate at the Taylor YMCA. They did not discuss or consult with program coordinators or directors but made changes. Program coordinators and managers were informed of changes through members who were victims of the sudden change. This leadership came in and quickly made decisions that undermined what current program directors and coordinators were doing. Longtime members and program participants are treated with horrible customer service. Prior to this new leadership staff and members were valued and there was a spirit of inclusiveness and community. This new management does not follow the YMCA values in any way. This was demonstrated from day one, and then magnified with the way they have handled things through this pandemic. There is no teamwork. They are in it for themselves, for power.
Kontra érvek
Oppressive Leadership, no community, staff and members are not valued
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I worked there I would always feel so at home and being surrounded by nice, smart, and respectful people is good for me. At the ymca you have to really use your voice and communicate or everything will get hectic.
Nice people
Kontra érvek
All the way in big bear and only in summers
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
To begin I would like to start off with the typical day as a YMCA camp counselor. Firstly, when it comes to working at one of the camp sites most of the work is finding and/or making games up for the kids for indoor and outdoor play, based on how their mood. Management is great and so is the work culture because there is constant communication between each other. But patience is a must when it comes to watching over and dealing with children
Pro érvek
You get to go on fields trips play and teach with kids
Kontra érvek
At times it can become difficult to keep your patients with the children
Munkahelyi kultúra
Expected to work 60 hours a week for barely more than minimum wage. Routinely required to respond to employees and Executives on your days off/vacation days.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You won’t move up in the company no matter how many years you have worked there and experience you may have. Don’t waste your time doing extra training and getting more experience because they won’t give you a pay raise or move you up.
Free ability to exercise
Kontra érvek
Little pay for large work load.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you like to be over worked and under paid, this is the place for you!

If you like a stressful job without much help from management, then apply now!

If you like long days, giving up your spare time, and still be treated like you’re disposable then what are you waiting for!
Amazing co workers
Kontra érvek
Management, pay grade, the way they treat their employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s typical day at work as you go in and clock in and go to your position and do your job. After you’re finished you get to go home it depends what position you want. The enjoyable part about work is going in and seeing your employee smiling faces.
Free membership
Short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
I will say this once my only struggle with this job was that there were a few huge trainings that I couldn't complete because I was working two jobs and a full time student. I loved the people and the environment!
Amazing environment
Kontra érvek
Large Trainings with not enough time to do them
Munkahelyi kultúra
The environment in pleasant and getting a free membership is definitely a plus, but compensation is not worth the amount of work put in. The child care center has way too many kids and not enough workers, resulting in problems with parents who have concerns about the safety of their children. Almost always understaffed.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good. Retirement, vacation, sick benefits, flexibility for family life balancing.

Bad. Salary, insurance, leadership, respect, advancement, support.

Munkahelyi kultúra
While working for the YMCA of Henderson Kentucky, I worked as a childcare provider in the evenings. It was quite overwhelming as I would have anywhere from 15-25 children at a time by myself. I became quite attached to the children and this is what kept mecomibg back.
The rate of pay was very low for what I was expected to do and how many children I was expected to manage. It was pretty exhausting but at times rewarding.
Pro érvek
The children, management and the work hours fit perfectly with my day job.
Kontra érvek
Too many children for the rate of pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Always enjoyed going to work and getting the opportunity to work with younger children and teaching them how to swim. I also enjoyed how welcoming everyone was.
Pro érvek
Great people to work with
Payment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Be the change you want to see in your community. A place to give back to your community by helping make people healthier and happier. If you enjoy that then the company might be right for you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved dealing with the members but what they pay the staff is atrocious. When concerns are brought up they tend to be ignored. There were se*ual assaults on staff that were ignored and also not communicated to staff.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun fact that we're in line for a bit of a girl's demons and the other is a bit more before emailing them to ask you if you're going through the eyes
Fun
Fun
Munkahelyi kultúra
While the Y did try their hardest, paying people minimum wage is not livable, especially when there aren’t really any opportunities to work your way up if you start on the bottom.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lifeguarding is by no means exciting. While I was trained thoroughly they were often under staffed which made calling out sick a non option most of the time
Munkahelyi kultúra
I havnt had any problems working since over been here the process has been great and I really enjoy the educational classes and learning a lot of new things
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés