Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA Alkalmazotti bírálat

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
Mind a(z) 29 620 értékelés megmutatása
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was able to fit into the culture at the YMCA well. The managers were nice and very understanding. If a coworker had any problem they were able to take time out of their day to answer questions and concerns.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work has a concrete schedule. The only unpredictable part are external and sometimes student behavior.
I learned a lot of interpersonal communication, and it was a great start job for those who may not know what to do in any career and can use this as a stepping stone to figure it out.

Hardest part of the job is having it understaffed and the students can be highly energetic, not sociable at all, and quite good depending on days and variables. It's an emotional roller coaster.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the students. As I said, there are good days too.
Pro érvek
Friendly staff, great starter job, get my steps in
Kontra érvek
Emotionally exhausting for homebodies, strict policies
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had a bachelor's and was told more opportunities would come my way but you have to fight for every opportunities even with a degree. It was tough working at so many different types of schools each with their own set of rules and regulations and every leader compared to the previous leader.
Pro érvek
Early morning shift and afternoon shift short shifts as well
No healthcare no breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's okay. Pay could be better. Staff and supervisors love what they do so the work environment is pretty good. Staff training is not bad either. Opportunities for growth.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Human Resources is awful. They are unorganized and do not care about their employees. They do not allow the teachers to make any decisions for their classrooms. They allowed an employee who was showing covid-19 symptoms remain at work. That employee ended up being positive for covid-19. Exposing every classroom. They do not like input grom employees. They do not have a pay scale and pay based on demand. Insurance is very expensive. Employee moral is extremely low. Gossip is at an all time high. They are very unacceptinng of new people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
After living at the YMCA many years ago I went back to work there as I felt I could give something back. I mostly enjoyed my time there but 1 or 2 members of staff where very clique and due to me not being an active Christian I was pushed out somewhat. Then another member of staff was bullying myself and 2 others and I reported her.. nothing was done about it and so she carried on eventually leading to me being accused of drug dealing and having reactions with a client.. Later turned out that she was doing those things and actually got sacked.
Rewarding
Kontra érvek
Long hours. Night staff are treat second rate
Munkahelyi kultúra
You wont make a living working here. Would only advise working if u want part time and minimum wage doesnt bother you. Membership is free if u are an employee.
Free memberships
Kontra érvek
Very low pay. Management look at you like their personal helper
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall
I love working here. Great resources and training. Before and after school program is great because I can work mornings and evenings and still get my appointments done and any errands i may have.
Munkahelyi kultúra

i worked in the childwatch department. Best job I've ever had! Everyone was nice and wants the best for you. The hours were really flexible and the kids were so much fun to be around.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Personal trainers need to have strong sales in order to meet monthly training quota, or you may run the risk of be written up.
Management has made many changes to training and consultation space due to over programing in several departments.
flexible schedule, prior to COVID - retirement plan was great
Kontra érvek
PT employees-no health/dental ins, sales with monthly quota, unstable income
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is about self and passing blame to others bare comes to check on you only when things are wrong they will show up but teachers are great only at the centers you work at. your never trained to meet expectations but will point out what your flaws are not supportive and expects you to do things free.. Forced to campaign money and expected to volunteer at every event..
Pro érvek
Free uniforms and medical insurance, paid holidays, and vacations
Kontra érvek
breaks are rare, you are rated as an employee off of enrollment, under paid, sexually harressed by management.. riping teachers off on pay and under appreciated and bias
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoy my job, I do a variety of different things from desk to fitness center to personal training to teaching classes to building supervisor. The variety makes the job enjoyable as I do something different everyday. I love the members and co-workers, too!
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working at Camp Wood and would do it a thousand times over. The pay isn't great but food and lodging was provided. I was able to get promoted during my time here and miss the kiddos I worked with so much.
Everything ♡
Kontra érvek
Long days and little compensation
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA was an awesome place to work. Everyone is so friendly and supportive, and really help the community. I was a fitness instructor and enjoyed every moment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The switch up with staff was totally worth it. More of a positive environment. They do need to get rid of staff that have no idea what they are doing because it brings the Y down.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The managers were unprofessional. The fact that they let another employee speak to me however they wanted in front of children was disgusting to me. They were very unprofessional and rude. I ended up leaving because I got very sick with the flu and then go hit with pneumonia right after and I didn't have the strength to keep arguing with them.
Children are great
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved working here. The only thing was the pay. Besides that great opportunity especially if you like dealing with kids. I went on fun field trips but they watch your hours like a hawk. If they paid more I would go back in a New York Minute.
Pro érvek
Field trips, easy routes, summer camp
Kontra érvek
Little pay, little to no raises
- Poor management
- feeling under appreciated

- brown nosed colleagues

- didn’t agree with some decisions when dealing with the young people like kicking them out when they needed help

Fun with the residents
Not feeling supported
Munkahelyi kultúra
No one is ever on the same page, there's blatant employee favoritism, and lack of employee discipline.
There is a huge bullying problem in the childcare facilities, from both the children and the employees.

More often than not, employees must work there for 10+ years before they are offered a promotion, which does not increase their minimum wage pay rate.

There are not enough available hours, pay does not compensate the work an employee must put in.
Free gym membership
Kontra érvek
Lack of pay, lack of healthcare, lack of respect, lack of available working hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a preschool teacher for the YMCA. I loved my coworkers and the Director of the preschool. The pay was horrible for all the work we did. The job was fun but stressful becuase some kids had behavior issues. Overall, the company did not support the teachers and the director much. It felt like the compnay did not appreciate our work.
closed on weekends
horrible pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
great place to work. love the work culture! great maternity program if you work the amount of hrs required to get paid. other than that, pay is stagnant unless min wage goes up. hard to climb the ladder. pay is min, not enough to survive on. job does get stressful when low on personel
Pro érvek
paid lunch, great Summer time field trips
Kontra érvek
no breaks, no raise, no health benefits for part timers, inflexible work schedule.