Worldwide TechServices

3,0Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 245 értékelés megmutatása

I like the work but never got any chance of advancement.

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
I've been working for WWTS for 10 years, yet never an opportunity to go full-time. I am trained on Dell, Lenovo, and HP, have applied several times for full time, with no luck.

No benefits
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Losing contracts as fast as they can get them!

When I started working for WWTS, they were a great company. Several years later and they are just trying to keep the contracts they have left. Combined with the Covid issue, as well as losing several big contracts, they are not the company I started with. They have lost half of their technicians, and several more are getting ready to jump ship. Their benefits are good, but their pay-rate is terrible. People that have been with the company for many years are seeing new hires making the same pay, or better than what they make.Advancing is a joke, as the only people advancing are those that know someone. Advancement is NOT based on seniority, or work ethic.

There’s Better Out There

Not a bad place to start your career if you don’t care about seeing the pay you deserve. 6 years of being with them and little to no pay raises. Benefits are sub par at best. Good management is hard to find in this company. Many times did direct management tell us to ignore corporate policy and continue to do the job the “old way” because it works better. Management is held to little to no standard. If there’s a complaint you wish to file there’s no formal process to do so. HR will also notify that manager before you can even attempt to file a formal complaint. Honestly if you get lucky and have a good manager that cares about their employees you’ll like the job. If not then prepare to want to find something new soon.

Great place to start

World Wide Tech services was a great place to start career. The experience I had will help me advance my career. The only thing was terrible about the job is the pay.

I enjoyed working there

Not a bad place to work. I enjoy being on the road so it works for me. Decent benefits. Not a lot of pressure. More or less your own boss as long as you do your job. which is easy to do

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Easy to burnout

The job is very simple, just finish your required tasks for the day and you will be fine. Management doesn't care about your life, just about the account you are working on. No work life balance at all, really the only good thing is the pay.

Pay

Kontra érvek

Management is horrible to you

Good Company grow opportunity overall

bad managers specially to decide new employees and s managers are good but someone's are bad, they do not know about repairs or hirer people or how things work, they expect to finish all workorders when sometimes are no sufficient time

they pay for certifications

no life too many hours

Great entry level IT job

Good benefits, good time off easy scheduling nice managers and supervisors that communicate very well. Other employees are very helpful and allow you to teach out to them if you ever need help
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Little wage raise. Low mileage reimbursement

Don't accept low wage offer from this company. Or you will stuck with that pay for ever. The annual 2 percent raise is not going help you much.Company keeps pushing you to work more but not willing to pay more.Expect to replace your brand new car in four years if it's Toyota or Honda, other brands may be in two years. Expect driving 40000 miles per year, and get reimbursed at very low rates. Good luck with the high gas price , maintenance, repair and possibly tickets , accidents.

Pro érvek

No direct supervision is the only benefit

Kontra érvek

Much stressed on the road.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Treated fairly and when needed time off for family and health issues WWTS has always made sure proper documents were accessible along with help

Very family oriented company. They will push you to succeed. The work required is mostly up to the individual and must be self motivated. They will give you the tools to be successful. One must be self disciplined and self motivated as the job is demanding and does require the ability to communicate to both OEM’s and EU’s what is needed to not only complete the tasks in hand but to also make them feel the company (WWTS) has their best interest in mind. Quick thinking while at the same time being respectful of those with whom, you are servicing, .

Must Be Thick Skinned

WWTS is a company run by low-paying Wall Streeters with no ethics, and they put people in management with little or no ethics. Pretty shocking when you come up against their "just do it" mentality. You will be overworked if you are a senior tech, and you must be able to deal with sleep deprivation. So if you have poorly defined morals, you'll do great here. Very long drives. Abysmal, oppositional tech support. Have heard they no longer have company vehicles or vans, which makes working at WWTS unacceptable. Badgering, disrespect by management is the norm.

Pro érvek

Windshield time, if you get paid

Too many to count.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great for office adverse workers

You handle a lot of your own stuff on a day to day basis. You have to manage your personal part inventory, schedule appointments with all of your clients for the day, plan routes, pick up packages, ship returns, etc. Some days are booked solid and you may be stuck at a gas station until midnight an hour away from home troubleshooting a modem over the phone, others you may only have one local client and be done by noon, you're paid for the whole day regardless. Does require 3 weeks of paid training at their facility in Massachusetts plus two weeks of shadowing an existing employee at a random location before you're set up on your own.

Flexibility

Kontra érvek

Some service calls can go long

Good Entry Level IT

This company is good for someone just starting out in IT and who wants to build a good foundation in hardware repair for computer, printer, and TVs. You will have to use your personal vehicle, and spend most of the time driving to client sites. You will have business and residential clients. You will spend the majority of your time driving to client locations rather then onsite. I for the most part enjoyed this position, however, one major negative was not getting payed per ticket. They used to do that before they changed it to hourly compensation, and since then the earning potential has gone way down.

Pro érvek

Ability to schedule calls around your schedule

Low pay

Pretty good company

They train you to fix equipment. Someone is always on call, whether it's you or a co-worker. If you do your job, management leaves you alone. My manager is great. I learned to work on lots of equipment. Not much of a personal life. Vaccine is required

You plan out your day

On call 50% of the time

Poor Training, No Leadership

If you’re a Sr Engineer, you’re training is a joke. A month waste of your time in Massachusetts to not learn anything. When you get back home, there is no more training, no help but maybe over the phone. You have to be on standby every other week, so be prepared for long weeks.

Company Van, PC work Easy

Bad training, worse leadership
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Kind of an IT deadend that arent cities.

Once you've learned the basic skills, 3 months tops, the learning stops. The company has a really a poor site ( which you use to finish all your work orders). They also lose track of every single package you send back. Half your job is fixing tracking errors.

.43 cents per mile

Losing tracking numbers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

On the move well placed and parts to start and finish the job.

Great work environment with the tools and the parts needed per job per people per area. Companies that you work for that were agreed to with world wide tech in parts as needed. So I always had parts and always supplied the information you needed to fix the system on site. The customer may not have given them all the information that does not mean that the company didn't do their best to fulfill what was needed. The only issue and the main issue that I had was with management; my manager did not like it when you had to do a job that was outside your area, my area was the Northeast side of the state and not the southern part of the state or the western side of the state and when I drove over 600 miles an I did not get paid for the job, because I have had to pick the parts up and the southern part of the state which is more than halfway through the state then drive all the way back up to the northwestern side of the state. He called said that I had went out of my area and that I was not getting paid for it so no that was the first biggest issue. The second one was as a penalty because I had done such a thing was to deny me work for 3 months because my car was in the shop at that point; I quit at that point. For the record had 100 % on my jobs.

Pro érvek

Decent pay, if good boss good work hrs.

Kontra érvek

Bad managers and lack of hrs; no scheduling days off even though they tell you you can.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good experience, low salary, good benefits

I worked here for six months, in that time I got a lot of experience, especially hands on. It was due to personal circumstances other wise I would have stayed. My manager was easy going and I didn't have any issues functionality wise of the job. Your expected to perform as an IT professional, and having some office management skills help. I enjoyed the time I had with the company as I felt I was entrusted to be my own boss essentially with handling of business operations. Expect to work early and to really be on your feet, any lapse in time management can cost you on productivity, but a "can do" attitude got me through it.

Hour lunch, great IT experienced gained if hired. good benefits+401k

low salary

Worked there for 5 years

Worked there for 5 years then randomly after getting a new car 4 weeks prior and putting 6000 miles on my car they let me go no notice nothing. They do not offer pay raises or will blow you off about getting a pay raise. Pay is really low for the work you are doing and mileage is horrible. DONT WORK HERE ever since new management came In it has been a horrible workplace.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Bad work environment with terrible management

As a field tech, you are just a "warm body" (actual quote from the CEO)You are just a number on a spreadsheet, they do not care about you in the slightest. Upper management and middle management clashing on ideas but neither will ever ask the people who actual do the work on what to be done.Constantly expecting you to do more and more as they take on any account they can get, but without a sniff of a pay raise.Middle management is extremely lazy and try to delegate their job off on techs (ex, "can you call this customer and tell them we can't make it and reschedule" -dispite the fact they work from home in front of a computer and you are in the field doing multiple things at once)Also if you ever need any help, forget about it. But the second middle management needs help, it's all "be a team player"Middle management is quick to throw you under the bus to avoid conflict with customersIf you are a level 3 or 4 tech (Sr. Or HNS) forget about a personal life. You will be subject to a brutal, oncall rotation.

Pro érvek

Vacation time is good, I'll give them that

Kontra érvek

Healthcare benefits, management, work/life balance

WWTS Thesis = Profit 1st, Technology 2nd, EMPLOYEES LAST

Simply putt, Wwts' upper management does not care about its employees. You may get a good branch manager but at the end of the day the uppers use scare tactics to control you regardless of what your manager says or does. They are also not strategic in their field operations, hiring strategies, and tech placement which in turn has resulted in their failure as a whole. During my time at wwts I've literally witnessed good talent come and go and noticed the lesser experienced rise up simply because they were shapeable and moldable. ASSETS ARE EXPENDABLE at wwts so if you're a good tech looking for a career, i wouldn't recommend it.

Cigna health insurance

Employees don't come 1st
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Worldwide TechServices? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés

Céges kultúra: 2,8/5 csillag
  • Vállalatok
  • Worldwide TechServices
  • Alkalmazotti értékelések
Mondd el, hogyan javíthatnánk az oldal tartalmán
Mit szeretnél hozzáadni vagy módosítani?