Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 702 értékelés megmutatása

Productive Workplace, Very Long Hours

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
When I first started my schedule was the standard 5 days a week 8 hours a day, within 2 months of that schedule we were moved to mandatory mon-fri 10 hour days and a mandatory 8 hour on Saturday. It stayed that way until my departure and management did not know how to manage the work.

Good amount of breaks, Great coworkers, Informative workplace

Kontra érvek

Long hours, pay is average, Management

La catastrophe

Management par la terreur, aucune considération de l'humain.Direction qui se prend pour ce qu'elle n'est pas. Belle brochette de bouffons sans cervelle et prétentieux qui coulent la boîte par leurs magouilles. Aucun équilibre vie pro/vie perso.Processus (sécurité notamment) non respectés. Aucune intégrité.Commerciaux qui font n'importe quoi. Boîte gérée n'importe comment par une belle bande d'incapables autocentrés. Les incompétents sont promus à de très hauts postes au détriment des profils à haut potentiel. Le pire service étant les RH : incompétence à son maximum dans ce service d'incapables.

Aucun. Que des bouffons

Tous
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Engineering organization is filled with super talented folks

Great place to work. Surrounded by talented, smart people. Safety is #1. No bonus program.Competitive pay. 9-80 work schedule. Great technical manager with lots of experience.

Unappreciative Work Culture.

A company of managers managing more managers, all the while failing to actually manage the work groups they manage! I'm serious. After three years, I've found there to be little reward for the extra work I've put in. I'm typically traveling six months of the year away from my family because they can't keep employees. The constant uncertainty of the work scope, scheduling changes, and hassle of dealing with contractors make it a very stressful and exhausting job. It often puts me, a rather new employee in a position of uncertainty, all while dealing with a customer that is a nuclear power plant! When I'm not traveling, I'm stuck in a workgroup that can't even maintain 60% production, and my manager just lets it continue. The extra effort goes completely unnoticed due to an absent manager. After three years, I just show up and collect the check.I haven't had one proper discussion with my manager regarding feedback, career advancement, five-year plans, nothing. All while I'm expected to submit notes for all the above. Pointless. In summary, They'll overwork you, destroy your work-life balance and fail to make you feel appreciated as an employee. Seek elsewhere.

Think Twice

I Would not have left my previous employer. Requires a lot of mandated OT. Company is not family oriented. It’s all about numbers and not quality. Poor Management and communication

Pay Rate

No Life

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Great place to work!

Great place to work! I work with a great team and the manager is very friendly. Work day can be long and stressful. Some night shifts are required. The pay is great!

Pay, benefits, people

Long hours, stressful
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Excellent work environment and workforce.

Westinghouse provides and great work environment and opportunities for advancement. The salaries are great for the area and personal needs are recognized by management.

Pro érvek

Excellent Pay and benefits, work environment, training, and focus on safety.

Kontra érvek

Remoteness from most residential areas.

Good people, poor management

The people I work close to all are supportive and friendly.The upper management is not transparent at all, and theres a constant fear of "headcount" reduction because of their fierce cost cutting initiatives.Their IT is very poor. For some basic examples- they don't help with onboarding new hires, meaning the new hire will have to install the programs they need after they come onsite and have started working, which is chaotic if you don't know what programs you need for your job. And if you need a new computer they will basically ignore you.

Pro érvek

Option to work remote, good people

IT and tech/equipment, transparency

My favorite job

Westinghouse is a Union shop. I loved my time there. Upper (miss) management caused most of us to get laid off. The plant manager did everything he could for us.

Pro érvek

Every month they took the people whose birthday fell in that month out for dinner

Kontra érvek

When I was there they had mandatory overtime

Environnement de travail agréable

Environnement très agréable, avec une flexibilité et un équilibre vie professionnelle/privée très important. Flexoffice - Bon salaire - Bons avantages

Westinghouse Toa Baja

Una vez te vas o renuncia, no hay vuelta atrás. Para tener oportunidad de empleo y ganar buen dinero tienes que tener una educación avanzada y un buen diploma. De lo contrario te tratan como si fueras de otro planeta. No te puedes dar el lujo de fallar por que te humillan especial mente algunos gerentes que exigen más de lo que tú puedes aguantar.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

The pay is good, but there is a lot of frustration because it is the nuclear power industry.

Not bad, but not great. 9/80 and work-from-home work schedule help with work-life balance. The salary is more than fair. Working in the nuclear power industry is often frustrating.

Kontra érvek

Working in the nuclear power industry is often frustrating. There is a lot of red tape, and things just do not get down quickly. The benefits are just OK.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Job security is so-so, but in general they try their best to ensure jobs.

Bottom line WEC is a great company to work for. New CEO seems a lot better than previous CEO. Retirement benefits are decent. 3% 401K match and 3% retirement annual contribution after a full year of work.

Lots of flexibility.

Limited advancements.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

High production with a major focus on safety.

I worked for Westinghouse for eight years, and it was the best job I have ever been employed at. Like many jobs it's not perfect by any means. There's favortism and bias just like most jobs.

Great pay and benefits.

Kontra érvek

Management was my biggest issue there. It was for alot of us.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Productive and great working environment

Worked there for years and knew my job very very well I actually loved my job can't really say the same for all my coworkers but overall a great company to work for
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Paid very well. You’re expected to work a lot of overtime in many departments which isn’t great for family life. It takes years to get to day shift.

Westinghouse pays very well for the area. Most of the people are decent to work with. However, they have a bad habit of making supervisors out of people who have no business in management. Safety is constantly talked about but really does not matter until someone gets hurt. I was lucky and had a few really good bosses but many of them only cared about their promotions and nothing about the people working for them.

Pay, decent benefits

Kontra érvek

Management needs improvement, employees are only given 2 paid sick days per year
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Tough to be a manager in current environment

The people I work directly with are wonderful. Focus from above seems to be only on money and headcount, not people. No transparency from upper management. Words and actions don't match.

Good Pay and Benefits, very poor management

Pay is good. Work is good if you have the desire to learn. No incentive to learn at the lower levels as alot of the lower level jobs all get paid the same. Most of the productions shift work 4x4. Do not bring ideas as management will not listen to them. Run until it breaks is very prevalent here.

Stable check, amazing people

Kontra érvek

Too much oversight, poor management team
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good middle management; spotty upper management; purpose of work unclear

I worked in Westinghouse from Feb. 2015 through Nov. 2021 in a corporate functional org. The people I worked with were great and the mission of Westinghouse - safe, carbon free nuclear energy - is one I support. However it seems at least at the corporate level, our senior leadership was very reactive to the "Problem of the day" which led to a lot of urgent work that was not clearly defined, with no clear vision of "What good looks like". I had great collaboration with the sites and business units, and overall positive impression of the employees and mission, but for me, the daily confusion about what would be important that day / week, exacerbated by managing everything manually on spreadsheets instead of dedicated applications, was soul-killing and ultimately at least contributed to reductions in force.

Pro érvek

Great people, good direct-line management, good company mission

Kontra érvek

Priorities change daily with little technical / application support to achieve success
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Excellent environment for growth and advancement.

I worked for Westinghouse Electric Company four different times. I had very pleasant experience. Financial compensation was fair. Opportunities for advancement were enormous. Training and internal education on company working process were extensive.

Pro érvek

Training at overseas operating centers were usually offered.

Kontra érvek

Salary structure compared to other companies need revision upward.

Good Pay

Pay has been good. Work environment has been good. Some IT jobs are being outsourced. Management is good with open door policy. They are flexible with work from home.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés

Céges kultúra: 3,0/5 csillag
  • Vállalatok
  • Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC
  • Alkalmazotti értékelések
Mondd el, hogyan javíthatnánk az oldal tartalmán
Mit szeretnél hozzáadni vagy módosítani?