Western Express

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 2 349 értékelés megmutatása

Work wasn't that bad

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Worked at western to get experience straight out of school . It has it’s ups & downs but isn’t as bad as a lot make it out to be. If you are only here to gain experience than this would be a decent choice
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

You will live in the truck and barely be able to afford it

They hype you up like it's a great job and tell you how you will get good training and everything, you won't. They say you get 600 a week for training pay but I never made 600 for the 2 weeks I was with my trainer. When they put me with my trainer he didn't teach me anything, we just drove team for 2 weeks and threw me in my own truck to learn on my own. They will sneak in a 6 month contract in your tenstreet forms and if you don't finish 6 months they charge you 2500 for 2 days of load securement. Night shift and weekend dispatch are useless. Most trailers are trash don't work for welfare express

Experience

Kontra érvek

Dispatch, trailers, pay, random unknown fees taken out of your pay, it's a terrible company
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing at all. Poor routings. Poor dispatch. Poor service. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The routing that has you drive through small towns. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?There is no culture. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Waiting to get a route, wondering where their guidance will take you, wondering if someone will answer the phone if you have a question.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

My introduction to this company

Well I started literally a month in and a lot of the information I was was fraudulent upon arrival. They didn't even have a regional sector and only told me about being over the road until I was halfway across the the country still in the trainer. The paper was supposed to receive was not what we were getting a weekend and we were didn't receive any payments whole week only upon getting into the truck and driving would have be paid a flat rate. They will take advantage of new drivers or drivers that do not know a lot of information getting into the trucking Industries so be aware of them. Trainers included try to pray on new trainees as this will allow them to me more miles on the road while you're being paid the flat rate. Some trainers will go as far as to manipulate the system and keep you inside of their trucks for as long as possible. You will receive questionable information from dispatch as well as your DMs take this into huge consideration because these will be the people that you will be getting into the most conflict with. Home time is not guaranteed even if you requested it's based on how aggressive you are with the company and even then it's still in the gray area. If you have a clean CDL and you have other opportunities that would suggest taking them first and make a company such as this your Last Resort

Terrible in every way

Low pay, unorganized, a lot of wasted time sitting around, lots of short distance loads, lots of junk equipment, the training program is terrible if you need that nothing but team driving Really nothing good here at all

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Bad about getting you home and bad equipment

Pay is decent, about what you expect as a new driver with no experience. Dispatch and breakdown are terribly managed. Equipment is old and breakdowns happen a lot. If you’re just starting out it’s not a bad company but definitely not somewhere you want to stay at.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

What is the best part of working at the company?Being home on weekends and able to plan your week ahead time if needed What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Bad trucks, bad trailers always break down and mechanics are terrible, don’t get paid if truck breakdown, the pay is tooooo low the raises are not as much as they say, dispatchers are not sincere to your home time, tarping is only 12.50 and 25.00, no bonuses, What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Everyone is always upset, but for the ones who aren’t are very helpful and positive What is a typical day like for you at the company?Do a load running smooth then swap with a broke trailer to slow you down for the week
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

What is the best part of working at the company?You get hired immediatelyWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?They don't take care of their employeesWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Stressful because tyke lack of concern for you as an employee What is a typical day like for you at the company?Waiting for dispatch to issue loads

2022, november 14.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our drivers is always our top priority. We regret that you were not satisfied with your situation while with Western Express. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to reach out to us directly at humanresources@westernexp.com.

Horrible working conditions. Felt like a used car salesman at a buy here pay here lot. Orientation guys feed them lies, then when they come work for Dispatch we have to correct all the lies. Orientation guys don’t even have CDL’s! They lied to these guys about money and literally everything else, I average 20 drivers a week that quit. If you value your CDL, and wish to feed your family, do not work here.

2022, november 14.
We are sorry you had a negative experience with us. We'd like more information on what went wrong so we can correct it in the future. Don't hesitate to reach out to us at humanresources@westernexp.com!

What is the best part of working at the company?Great people, a wonderful work environment, knowledgeable professionals, and an amazing corporate culture!What is the most stressful part about working at the company?There is no serious stress because the whole company is a team and helps without having to ask.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Like being part of a family!What is a typical day like for you at the company?Just great.

2022, november 14.
Thank you for your 5 star review! We appreciate you and all you do.

Stressful

From day One with this company felt like blankl!!! I recommend drivers to apply elsewhere. This is by far my wrost trucking job. Leasing with Western Express mad me never want to lease with another company again.

2022, november 14.
We are sorry you had a negative experience with us. We'd like more information on what went wrong so we can make improvements in the future. Don't hesitate to reach out to us at humanresources@westernexp.com!

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing, The best part was quitting….What is the most stressful part about working at the company?EverythingWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Greedy theives. They still owe me money for loads.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Stressful, Sad, And Lonely

2022, november 14.
We are sorry you had a bad experience with us. We'd like more information on what went wrong so we can make improvements in the future. Don't hesitate to reach out to us at humanresources@westernexp.com!

Grain of salt

It’s best to coordinate your DriveTime schedule around day shift because night shift doesn’t answer calls or the tablet messages efficiently enough. Once you get your schedule fixed it’s decent but the pay is not all that good.

2022, november 14.
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Your feedback is important to us! Feel free to reach out to us offline at humanresources@westernexp.com so we can address any issues.

Ambiente de trabajo normal, como en muchas otras companias, el acceso a dialogar con la administracion muy dificil en mi caso personal.

No cumplieron lo que prometieron en la entrevista en cuanto a condiciones del trabajo.

2022, november 14.
We are sorry you had a negative experience with us. We'd like more information on what happened we so we can make improvements in the future. Don't hesitate to reach out to us at humanresources@westernexp.com!

Easygoing but they are ok but cheap

Theres a lot off bad but they are very forgiving when you screw up. The terminals are pretty bad and its a show on weekends if you need to park there. They must be one of the cheapest companies but that remains to be deen. Do if you ever screw up they will give you a chance.

Depends on your DM

Kontra érvek

Not firing you for a ticket accident etc.

2022, november 1.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your feedback is important to us! Feel free to reach out to us directly at humanresources@westernexp.com so we can address any issues.

This company is one of the worst company I ever for !!!!

Stay away from this company when I first started my trainer left me not once but twice in Two different states & when you call the company they ask were are you & truck number & have nothing in a file for you , management suck and they even messed up my paycheck a couple of times .

2022, november 1.

Great starter company for felons & poor driving record

The trainers main job is to keep you on the truck if your a good driver so they can make money off of you . Do not do lease purchase program you’ll quickly end up in the hole.

They will hire anyone

They will let you in the door if you just got your cdl or racked up a bunch of tickets on an old one buy the pay is terrible and you can forget about home time cause they don't care!

2022, november 1.
We are sorry you had a negative experience with us. We'd like more information on what went wrong so we can make it right! Don't hesitate to reach out to us directly at humanresources@westernexp.com!

It was a 2nd chance

It was okay I had a hick up on my driving record and they gave me a 2nd chance while also getting experience. The communication could be better. I sat a lot of time’s waiting on breakdown

Learned flatbed

Poor communication

2022, október 25.
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Feel free to reach out to us directly at humanresources@westernexp.com so we can address any issues.

It’s a 2nd chance

I had a wreck in the past they gave me a 2nd chance to redeem myself and be able to continue driving. I did have to go with a trainer again and learn flatbed but all in all not a terrible experience

2022, október 25.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed being part of the team. We appreciate you and all you do.

good company to start with new cdl a

the pay is not good everything else is good, a lot of new truckers everyday, training pay is not even 100 bucks/day after that gonna be 0.40 cents per miles

2022, október 25.
Thank you for your 5 star review! We appreciate you and all you do.

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Western Express? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés

Céges kultúra: 3,1/5 csillag
  • Vállalatok
  • Western Express
  • Alkalmazotti értékelések
Mondd el, hogyan javíthatnánk az oldal tartalmán
Mit szeretnél hozzáadni vagy módosítani?