Walt Disney Parks and Resorts-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Merchandiser

147 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
It's alright
Merchandise Working Lead (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2017, november 22.
Great for a job while in school, but anything after that, it is not worth it. If you can get full-time the benefits are pretty alright but the pay is terrible for what is expected and what you have to out up with.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Fun place to work
Merchandise Lead (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hotel Stores2017, október 26.
It was great! But mediocre pay. Some bad management but good outweighed the bad.
Really great benefits!
Free annual pass for cast members and day passes for friends and family
Great for Junior or Senior level college students
Merchandising (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2017, október 24.
This is a great experience for students to get some real world job experience working for a major international company. It's a grueling regiment for the months you are there, but the experience gained, and just the fact that you get to work in Walt Disney World, makes it more then worth it.
Working for Disney
Merchandise (Volt alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2017, október 10.
Disney was a great company to work for if you have the right management. Was my favorite retail job and if it wasn't so far from where I live and knew I would be under a good manager I would go back. Enjoyed helping the guests, loved learning about the history of the park, had some hard, tiring shifts but was all worth it and it can get stressful at times. Was a great experience!
Disney College Program
Merchandising (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lake Buena Vista, FL2017, szeptember 9.
I did the Disney College program in 2005 and it was the best experience of my life. As a young adult it was an amazing job working, living, breathing all things Disney!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Excelente place for any Disney fan
Merchandiser (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2017, szeptember 6.
I've been working in Disney for a while now doing the College Program, I've done it three times and I do not regret it. It can be exhausting cause they'll give you a lot of hours but it's all worth it. You get to meet and work with people all over the World and you'll get to create your own Disney Family, they will be your rock during this whole new experience. Once you work in Disney your life changes completely.
You're working in Disney
Kontra érvek
They can give you consecutive overtimes
El Mejor lugar para trabajar
Merchandiser (Volt alkalmazott) –  Estados Unidos2017, szeptember 5.
Es la mejor experiencia de toda mi vida y es la mejor empresa para aprender sobre guest service
Munkahelyi kultúra
Low pay with inconsistent hours
Merchandise Hostess/Intern (Volt alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2017, szeptember 4.
The nice part about the job is the perks, though they keep taking away employees perks every year. In the beginning you get the worse hours and short shifts. The pay is minimum wage and they demand a lot from you. They're not flexible with requested time off and you have to have full availability during the summer even if you're part time, so don't plan on going anywhere. The managers barely work with you when you need time off. Even though it's supposed to be a happy place there are a good amount of unfriendly people working there. You're easily replaceable and it's very difficult to move up because everyone wants to do that. You have to leave super early from your home to park, take a tram, get a costume, and then walk to your location which is all unpaid on your own time. The break rooms and bathrooms are dirty. In some locations there aren't even lockers or places to sit for your break. They really don't care about employees at the parks. It's fun for about the first three months and then the longer you stay the more you see how poorly cast members are treated.
Access to the parks
Kontra érvek
pay, scheduling, hours, break rooms, bathrooms, accessibility, etc
Walt Disney World
MERCHANDISE HOSTESS (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lake Buena Vista, FL2017, augusztus 28.
Walt Disney World is a great company with so many opportunities. The culture is amazing especially around the holidays with all the decorations. I would definitely would work there again.
Best Place to work at
Merchandiser (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2017, augusztus 15.
Best place I had ever worked at, true example to any other company. Willing to go back in a heartbeat. It truly built my character and who I am today. Many oportunities of growth were offered
free admision, discounts
crazy hours
Fun, Rewarding, but little pay
Merchandiser (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lake Buena Vista, FL2017, augusztus 12.
The positive aspects of working at Disney are: seeing guests happy, making their day magical, as well as the merchandise and meal discounts, plus as an employee, you get to go in the parks for free!

The least enjoyable parts of the job were: the little pay, plus most shifts were graveyard shifts. In addition, the higher ups should make sure their managers are 100% capable of doing their job. Some managers were reliable and professional, but this wasn't the case for all the managers. Better training needs to be done in this area.
Pro érvek
Free park access, plus merchandise and food discounts
Low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
I emjoyed working with my fellow employees we always had a good time joking around on our time of course, and sometimes even with management.
Merchandising regular employee (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2017, augusztus 9.
As i would say Company Pride...when I first took on the job at Disney I ask myself a question? What did you expect when you came to Disney as a guest. I told myself that it was my responsibility to do everything I could to make each and every guest happy and try and make their day special. Although Disney has policies that are hard to handle, example being time off, late sign in, time requested off, call off, each would obtain a point which resulted in several wonderful employee's loosing their jobs. As far as management, at times I found it hard to relate and felt they didn't hear what an employee had to say, but all in all if you respect them they will respect you. All in all if you do your job that has been assigned and do it to the best of your ability and at times go above and beyond you can do OK. My most enjoyable time or part of my job was talking with guests. There is a story in every group and sometimes you can make their vacation a really special one. A work day would begin by signing in and get your assignment, go to your place (example) Uptown Jewlers, you would stock anything needed, open , registers, maybe dust or straighten any shelves before we would open. Assist guest with any purchase, direct them to any area they were looking for and enjoy your day.
Health care was great.
Kontra érvek
Docked time on pay if late signing back in after break
Very fun and busy!
Merchandise (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2017, augusztus 8.
Working at Walt Disney World gave me a whole new appreciation for retail! I had at least 50 transactions each hour working in Magic Kingdom. I got to know so many people from around the world and we never had a dull moment!
Munkahelyi kultúra
An amazing experience that I miss.
Merchandiser (Volt alkalmazott) –  Epcot Canada Pavillion2017, augusztus 7.
Here we go, well a typical day at work was to create magic for guests, such as giving out small gifts and celebrating anything with special guests. This work experience was just all sorts of magic. It was a place to make everyone feel safe and to make all feel important. While I worked I knew that, everyone had a place in this world of magic and we all had a new adventure everyday, be it a good one or a bad one. If it was a bad one, well there was always a team, a team of bonds unlike any other, a team to pick you up and continue on to the next adventure.

I learned that workers make the best of the job by what they put into it. You have to make the job what it means to you.
This job was a fantasy, with a happy ending. It almost isn't real because it's not a job, it's magic.

I enjoyed so much working with such good friends, in real life we don't really get to work with our best friends.

The hardest part of this job was to say goodbye to my friends.
Working with my friends we had such long hours to work, but we had each other and so many guests helped us keep going..

Many things and personal things came to me with this job experience. Everyone will have a different ending to their fantasy, I learned so much and I am so glad I did. I see things so much more now because of this experience. I hear things, and I keep things so dear to my heart now because in life we're all part of each others adventures, we cross paths when we least expect it and when we do. That small impact can drastically change someones moment in life, hopefully to open more doors or to see beyond
  több... the grey areas.

This whole experience was an adventure that, I would never tell anyone to not go.

Well, that's from the heart. Good day.
  kevesebb
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
Fun and Magical Workplace
Merchandise (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lake Buena Vista, FL2017, augusztus 1.
The overall job is a lot of fun because you get to work hands on in everyday park operations and really bring the magic to life. It's a truly great experience.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Fun work place
Merchandise Disney Trainer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2017, július 27.
Great place to work with endless opportunities. Always working to improve the work area to make it family and friend oriented. Managers are always there when you need support.
Happiest Place on Earth
Merchandise Hostess, Main Street Shops (Volt alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2017, július 13.
This was PT job but I loved working at Disney.
The park was crazy busy during the holidays but it made the day go by fast.
I learned that the guest in front of you is your focus and deserve your undivided attention. For the 1-5 minutes you're with that guest, it's all about them.

Disney used to have a clean cut, all American look. Not sure that is the case anymore. That makes me sad.
Fun, Fun, Fun!!
Kontra érvek
Guests can be crabby, deal with it!
Merchandise Hostess
Merchandise Hostess (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2017, június 23.
Working at Disney is a dream come true on many levels. It is hard work, and you have to be dedicated to showing up, but If you do, this is a great place to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Had to look find another employment
Bank Teller / Merchandise (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2017, június 4.
had issues with management at the bank and had to work with a person that bullied at the same time, didn't enjoy position and was wanting to transfer back to the parks.
great place to work
Merchandiser (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2017, május 18.
wonderful company and plenty of options for growth. the pay isn't amazing but the amount of tickets and other items we get with our cast discounts make up for it

Átfogó minősítés