WakeMed-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Registered Nurse

24 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 270 értékelés megtekintése
Poor management
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2018, július 12.
Worst work expert of my career. They do not value their experienced nurses or make any effort to retain them. Their focus has become money not patient safety or employee satisfaction.
Good pay
Horrible work environment
Excellent place to work at Wakemed Hospital
RN, BSN (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cary, NC2018, május 13.
All staff members works cohesively everyone team player working environment..Very caring staff members and management. Staff members respected and cared for patients and family with dignity and respect
Proud to be a WakeMed Nurse
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2018, január 11.
I love being a part of the WakeMed family. It has the atmosphere of a small community instead of a large businesss. Everyone is friendly and loves their patients!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Registered Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, december 3.
Great place to work. Very friendly company. Great work/life balance. Company very interested in ensuring you are keeping your skills up so you are giving best for your patients.
Balanced
Registered Nurse (RN) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, október 27.
Has very hectic days but also smoother days where you can interact with patients on a person-to-person level. This is to be expected with this job but some may consider it stressful.
Mixed feelings
RN (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  North Carolina2017, október 1.
Love what I do and patient care is my passion. Management does not follow through and I feel like I am not being heard. Not a fair team environment. Benefits are very expensive.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Each unit is different, opinion is of one unit
Staff Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, szeptember 18.
Wake Med in general is not a bad place to work. Over the past 5 years however, the management culture has changed to a numbers driven, look good on paper competition between departments. Management does not seem to care what REALLY happens, or how patients are REALLY cared for, or how staff REALLY feels. The focus is on how things LOOK IN DOCUMENTATION. Additionally, attitutes towards staff nurses (meaning those who actually DO the work) have become ridiculously punative for minor infractions (forgetting to chart one item or charting it outside of a unit mandated time, clocking in 5 minutes tardy or out 5 minutes late or venting frustations to a manager behind closed doors could earn a written disciplinary action or a blocked request for transfer to another shift or department or vengeful denials of requested PTO. At the same time, staff who arrive early, volunteer to decorate the bulletin board or audit charts, document assessments perfectly without doing them and neglect their patients because they play candy crush or watch movies on their phone somehow slip under the cracks) This has resulted in staff not feeling safe to report genuine concerns, falsely documenting the time care ACTUALLY took place, and just going through the motions necessary to keep their job. Also, some units are routinely understaffed and the staffing pool is poorly equipped and managed. Units often have to pull nurse techs to sit with mental health patients because the hospital is not prepared to handle the increasing volume of the underserved psychiatric population. Management also fails to plan  több... for the inevitably fluctuating staffing shortages that occur in the healthcare field...maternity leaves, illness, staff burnout and turnover. People who work so hard caring for sick people require more time off. Period. The long term cost of this culture will be immeasurable and patient care already has and will continue to suffer.  kevesebb
Pro érvek
Competative pay, Awesome co-workers, tuition reimbursement
Understaffed, punative culture, management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 30Nem 1Jelentés
Great Place to work
Staff nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, július 5.
Opportunities for advancement & personal & career improvement are many. NPDP is the nursing ladder program & encourages leadership, accountability & pursuit of knowledge.
Pro érvek
Great work culture that encourages growth & advancement
Kontra érvek
Very rigid attendance policy that doesn't take into account unforeseeable circumstances
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
As close as you can get to being like a Hebrew slave in the Bible.
RN Staff Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, március 23.
I have had a long career in nursing. Wake Med was the absolute worst place I ever worked. I came to Wake with quite a lot of ER experience and looked forward to working in their ER/Trauma service. I was hired with a $10,000 sign on bonus. That bonus should have been a clue. Why did they have to offer so much to attract staff? I found out why. Nurses worked like dogs. There was no support staff. Nurses even had to transport their own patients--which meant leaving sick ones behind with really no one to check on them as every other nurse was way too busy taking care of their own patients to keep an eye on yours while you were away. There was a great culture of punishment there. People were always afraid of being "written up" and it did happen often. There were way too many supervisors in the ED. They all wore scrubs but rarely lifted a finger to do patient care. If the department was understaffed--they gladly jumped in by assuming the charge nurse role (which meant that the seasoned charge nurse got bumped) and the supervisor would then sit back and "direct." Heaven forbid he or she take a patient assignment. Daily assignments seemed to be based on favoritism.The same people worked the same assignments again and again. It was not competency based. Management in the ED was headed by a woman who held the job for years. She could never have even picked me out of a line up and certainly never knew me by name. Work/life boundaries were very poor. While I survived without ever getting "written up," I once annoyed one of the supervisors. I was called at home, on my day off while caring  több... for my own kids to be scolded with another supervisor listening as a witness. I had done management prior to this job. Did they not know it is seen as harassment to call people at home for disciplinary issues? I certainly was not on the clock. Did they not realize that they were witnesses to their own inappropriate supervisory behavior? The acuity was high all the time. It was exhausting. Management also mislead me as a prospective hire. They require people to sign up for on call shifts. It was presented that on call people will be called and told to come to work "if needed." They did not say that the on call people are always needed. In fact--they are actually counted in the daily staffing. It really was not on call and was really mandatory overtime. I found coworkers really stressed. It was one of the worst jobs I ever had. I do have to add that I had, prior to this place, worked successfully in places like Shock-Trauma in Baltimore and had been a manager. I had over 15 years of experience at the time I took this job, My sign on bonus required me to stick around for 1 year. I quit the exact day I was able to do so. I left, shook the dust from my feet and never looked back. I left several years ago. I have no lasting anger at this place and the time distance from when I worked there until now reinforces in my mind that my opinions are objective now and not based on any intense, current resentment that might make this review more based on emotion rather than true experience and reflection.  kevesebb
Pro érvek
The heat and A/C did work
Kontra érvek
Short staffed, too many supervisors in light of that staffing issue, punitive culture
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 48Nem 1Jelentés
register nurse
Registered Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, április 18.
Had nurse overmedicating patient Manager inform; brush under rug. Nurse taken deverge medication and using for personal use. Upper management aware and inform nothing done. Have to always watch who you are working with because one person is giving the medication and your patient might dont receive there medication
no weekend work
poor management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 17Nem 3Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Outstanding facility, management/staff are patient/staff focused, with a good balance of work and personal time.
Registered Nurse, Staff Nurse IV Evening (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, január 16.
Best part of Rehabilitation nursing is the focus of providing the pateint and family with education in how to care for the patient post discharge. It's rewarding when patients return to visit and the staff can see the progress they have made post discharge.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8Nem 11Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great group of people from many areas of the US.
Cardiovascular Intermediate Care Unit Staff Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2015, augusztus 9.
You learn something new everyday. There are many new aspects to different jobs that have the same basic requirements. Great groups of people are employed there and and it is great be involved in a team with them.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10Nem 4Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great teamwork and positive working experience
Staff RN, 2W CVIC (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Cary, NC2015, július 16.
Fun place to work but some unrest from upper management and low compensation. It is a fast paced working environment with a lot of patient care responsibilities. It can be a positive experience or negative depending on the patient's and their families. There is always a fellow nurse or supervisor there to help if needed. 12 hour shifts can be very difficult. As with any hospital job, taking call and working holidays is a definite negative.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ethical, appropriate patient care in a professional environment.
RN (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Float pool2015, június 4.
Having worked at multiple different facilities over the course of my career, it is wonderful to be employed by a healthcare system committed to excellence. Participating in patient care in an environment of integrity makes all the difference in terms of career fulfillment.
again
Staff Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2015, április 26.
i was a floor nurse here in a very fast paced environment (what hospital is not). There was great teamwork between employees and the company is also very active in the community and encourages its employees to participate.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 16Nem 5Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Big Trauma center with many opportunities
RN (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2015, április 22.
WakeMed has many areas for nursing experience and many options for hours that work for you and your family. It is a big trauma center with cutting edge treatments, educational opportunities, and a diverse patient population.
Pro érvek
weekend and night shift differentials
Kontra érvek
understaffed, overworked, low hourly rate
Not all roses
Staff Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2014, november 12.
The staff nurses are great, it's the management that needs a reality check. They aren't concerned with anything but the bottom line and how it will affect them. At least the pay is one of the better in the area.
Pay, decent co-workers
Kontra érvek
Managers who don't care about you as a person, just how you can help their bottom line.
Punitive culture, anxiety producing
RN (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Cary2014, szeptember 13.
Staff including midlevel management is so afraid of punishment for not dotting "i"'s that actual patient care suffers.
What looks good on paper is not always reality.
Poor teamwork, everyone is so scared that they'll through anyone under the bus to survive.
Free parking
Kontra érvek
Too much unpaid time is required to make such a low wage reasonable
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 69Nem 9Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Cut out raises and Profit sharing called Wake Share.
Registered Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh campus2013, október 19.
Nobody in management cares how short handed they make us work. They took away our merit raises and profit sharing this year. Doesn't matter how good a job you do. Never get any pats on the back. Only negative feedback from management.
Pro érvek
Good benefits. looking at taking more of them away
management sucks
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 70Nem 7Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall great place to work. Competitive salary but the benefits package is quite expensive.
ED Staff Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2013, október 19.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 25Nem 6Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: WakeMed? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van