WakeMed Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 185 értékelés megmutatása
Mixed feelings
Customer Service Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, szeptember 13.
I worked at Wake Med for three years. Although I worked under a very tough manager, I thoroughly enjoyed working with my team. Initially, I loved my job, but as time went on, team members became very back biting resulting in a lot of drama and a change in our upper management. That was when things got really bad. The person they placed in charge was a complete and total loon. That is when I decided it was time to move on.

Management's overall style was very archaic. Very heavy at the top and understaffed at the bottom. It was also a very authoritarian environment. Staff members needed management approval for even the slightest deviation of SOP. Made staff members feel as if management did not think they were capable of making a sound decision.

Biggest cons of working at Wake Med: little to no opportunity for advancement, the inability to use accrued PDO. The reason I was always given for not being able to use the time I had earned was we were short staff. Not only could I not use the time I had earned (a benefit), but I could not be paid for it either. I always thought that sounded illegal.
Pro érvek
Biggest pro: I was paid well and had a good benefit package, even though I was limited in my ability to use PDO
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 20Nem 3Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
excellent place for a new grad nurse!
Staff Nurse III, Registered Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, augusztus 17.
As a new graduate nurse, I had to experience the unfortunate circumstances where nurses "eat their young" and occasional poor teamwork.
However, the hospital provided amazing educational opportunities, benefits and room for advancement.
Excellent team of physicians.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6NemJelentés
Overworked and Understaffed
Radiologic Technologist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, augusztus 9.
Raleigh Campus

-Dangerously short-staffed, especially nights and weekends. There isn't always coverage for all areas of the hospital at critical times. ie. no availability during traumas (Level 1 Trauma Center?)
-Micromanagement from "working" supervisors unwilling/unable to operate equipment.
-Lack of support from upper management. The term "thrown under the bus" could have originated here.
-Lack of consistency regarding treatment of staff I hate to say, "it depends on who you are," but ....
-Accrued PDO's but limited ability/availability to use them.
-Non family-friendly environment.
-HIPAA?

-Awesome patients-very diverse population.
-Can be personally rewarding if you are able to ignore the constant negativity.
-A great place to begin your career. An opportunity to practice and perfect your skills.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 31Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very Productive and efficient work environment
Internship (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, augusztus 9.
Everyday is a new experience and always a challenge to tackle. The management is very hard working and very kind. The co-workers were very helpful and always made it fun in completing tasks
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and great place to work
Clinical Educator/Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, július 14.
Provide direct supervision to 75 employees. Balance the schedule,
provide coaching and counseling on job performance, perform annual evaluations, keep staff educated on new policies and procedures, and participate in projects to provide new and innovative ways to provide quality service to our patients and families. I also interview, hire, and participate in termination of employees. I onboard and orient new employees and place them with the best possible match to help them become excellent employees. I also act as a liaison between nursing education and the staff nurses to place nursing students with preceptors. I act as an advocate for patients, families, and staff members. I also act as a mediator between staff that are having disagreements and provide them with suggestions to improve communication and interaction amongst one another. I also teach Personnel Related Issues twice a system wide to new charge nurses.
Great culture.
Kontra érvek
Need more upper management involvement.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 3Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Plenty of work, good pay & benefits
Team Lead - Medicaid (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, július 14.
Plenty of work with the pay and benefits
Generous vacation time - great co-workers
jldfsssssssssslfjsldfjsdlfjslfjsldkjflsdjfsldfjsdfjslfdskfsjflskjfslkjfslfjslfjslfjslfjslfjslfjslfsjfdlskjflsjfsljfslfjsldfjsldfjslfkjslfjslfsjlfjslfjslfsjflsjflsfjslfjslfjslfjslfjslfjslfjslfjslfdjowueorowerqoerqoerwoerfwoeroqeruowerjwelnsk,dfnskfnn
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 31Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great work environment with wonderful staff and opportunity for advancement.
Medical Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, július 12.
This was a very busy work place, but the great staff made it all possible as we worked together as a team. The management also helped and supported the effort of the team to accomplish the daily work load. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff that I worked with. Even in the busiest and most demanding days, we were able to smile and laugh and support each other. The hardest part of the job was to say good bye to all of my friends/co-workers and doctors in the practice. I will truly miss working with them, but hope to soon find another wonderful workplace to help fill this void.
Healthcare benefits
Kontra érvek
The need for additional staff that they were in the process to get approval to hire.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7Nem 3Jelentés
workplace
Ultrasound Technologist Full Time (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Cary, NC2016, július 7.
I've worked nights at wakemed for over four years. It's a great place to work. The management and staff I work with are excellent.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8NemJelentés
Typical Day at work
Patient Family Experience Liaison (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, július 5.
Working in healthcare, every day is different. WakeMed Health and Hospitals is an every changing facility and environment. The variety in work experiences helps to maintain the excitement of going to work every day.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 3Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working for them!
Clinical Secretary (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cary, NC2016, június 8.
I loved the environment and my coworkers. With a hospital setting the patients change frequently and two days are never quite the same! I miss working there.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7Nem 1Jelentés
Good Environment
PC Specialist I (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, június 1.
Great environment to work in, good co-workers. Hospital cares about their employees. It has been a great place to work throughout the years
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 3Jelentés
Management at WM North is horrible
WM North (Volt alkalmazott) –  North Carolina2016, június 1.
Management is clueless on how to operate a hospital. Department managers don't have any knowledge about WakeMed policies and procedure or how to be a department manager. Coworkers in ALL departments are constantly griping. Worst place I've ever worked at.
Got a job
Department managers and PAY
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 16Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Depends on who your manager is.
Certified Medical Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, május 30.
Everything was fine until our management started changing, things went down hill from there, and no one seemed to care as long as patients were being seen. Employee appreciation definitely declined and you had to look over your shoulder everyday. Once management decided to put a bulls eye on your back they did anything they could to make life miserable. My first 3.5 years was beautiful, my last 5 months were miserable. The sad thing about it is that they don't care.
Pro érvek
There were many of these
Kontra érvek
no voice, no protection from management, management needs leadership training
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 16Nem 2Jelentés
Day at Wakemed
Nurse Aid II/Secretary (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cary, NC2016, május 20.
Get report from previous staff, do vitals, baths, linens, walk patients and record in patients records, record inputs and outputs of patients,
Pro érvek
Staff was uplifting and supportive
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Paient acct rep
Patient Account Representative (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, április 26.
No opportunity for advancement, its not what you know its who you know, easy to get comfortable there, but the turnover rate is high
EASY TO GET COMFORTABLE
SALARY, OPP FOR ADVNCEMENT
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 22Nem 1Jelentés
abc
Patient Account Representative (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, április 19.
a nice organization to work for.
good work environment
growth opportunities limited
good job culture
great co workers
has the latest epic system
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7Nem 8Jelentés
register nurse
Registered Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, április 18.
Had nurse overmedicating patient Manager inform; brush under rug. Nurse taken deverge medication and using for personal use. Upper management aware and inform nothing done. Have to always watch who you are working with because one person is giving the medication and your patient might dont receive there medication
no weekend work
poor management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 17Nem 3Jelentés
Customer Service Administrative Work Enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, március 22.
I Provide support for the WakeMed Health & Hospitals Physician Practices with billing inquires and or reviews. Conduct follow-ups with patients to insure understanding of insurance and billing process. Provide patients with knowledge of the Charity Care Program, which aids with the payment and or payment options for their bills. Assist patients with setting monthly payment plans that are feasible for them, while upholding the hospitals standards for payments.) Responds to patient request/concerns via MyChart (e-mail portal for patients to access their accounts online.) Contact insurance carriers to verify patient’s health care coverage as well as obtaining authorizations for service. Serve as support with training and coaching of new employees within the department. Work in coordination with liability specialist reviewing and requesting liens from various third party payers. Interface with other departments and provide information in reference to special collection accounts (i.e. deceased patients, bankruptcy and liability).Maintain knowledge of medical diagnosis, procedure coding, medical terminology and HIPPA compliant policies and procedures. Assist in developing, establishing, and maintaining standards practices and procedures for customer service and related functions.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 11Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Informative and energetic summer internship
Supply Chain Intern (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC 276042016, március 9.
I really enjoyed working for WakeMed over the summer as a supply chain intern. WakeMed truly does strive to provide the right care to the right patients at the right time ever time, and they seem like a well oiled machine. It was a privilege to be interning under so many wonderful supervisors in the Materials processing and Strategic Sourcing Departments. I interned as a materials processing intern at the Cary WakeMed and my duties and responsibilities consisted of processing new inventory, delivering stock to different departments, cycle counting and restocking lines and sheets. As an intern with the Strategic sourcing department my duties consisted of a file updating project, which included scanning contract documents and maintaining and updating the excel file for this project. The skills I gained during this internship will take me far into my working career in the medical field as well as any job I choose to take on. I learned self-reliance skills such as being able to work independently, self awareness as well as people skills, problem solving, specialist skills, and IT skills as well. I really enjoyed working with the nurses, doctors, and the other employees within WakeMeds Hospital. It was neat to be in that fast pace and exciting environment, the only downside were the hours and being on my feet for so long.
Pro érvek
Working under so many wonderful people, gaining a lot of good skills
Kontra érvek
Long hours and being on your feet
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 6Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Outstanding facility, management/staff are patient/staff focused, with a good balance of work and personal time.
Registered Nurse, Staff Nurse IV Evening (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, január 16.
Best part of Rehabilitation nursing is the focus of providing the pateint and family with education in how to care for the patient post discharge. It's rewarding when patients return to visit and the staff can see the progress they have made post discharge.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8Nem 11Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: WakeMed? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van