WakeMed Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 153 értékelés megmutatása
Great Job, not great management/support
UR Nurse QA Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cary, NC2013, január 7.
Worked part-time; long drive from home. Wanted more days with same #hrs - had to leave due to this. Cost of gas/mileage almost equal to income over time.
ur work
leadership, politics, preferential treatment
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
Great place to work!
North Carolina Medical Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hospital2012, november 26.
Great place to work, high energy. I've become well rounded in my experience while working here. Co-workers in my old office were awesome!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 6Jelentés
Great place
Patient Account Representative (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2012, november 2.
Great place to work! Great benefits!!!

Staff are nice as well
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7Nem 8Jelentés
Imaging Services - Raleigh Campus
Radiology (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Imaging Services2012, október 29.
The larger the WakeMed health system gets, the worse the system gets.

There are too many managers and not enough workers. The focus is on expanding, and in the process, the existing services are suffering. The main campus Imaging Services department is old and run down with failing equipment that needs to be replaced/updated.

The management team is terrible. There has been constant management shifts with promotions given not based on qualifications, but on popularity. 4 out of 8 managers/directors are under 40. Most people don't even know who they are. They are always in meetings, making decisions without even considering the staff. They are completely uninvolved in day to day operations, and make poor decisions that staff have to deal with.

Some departments don't have supervisors, so these uninvolved managers are writing your annual evaluations. Some shifts don't even have supervisors, so the staff are left by themselves to make decisions they will be held accountable for. Yes there are supervisors "on-call" but sometimes you can't take the time to call someone because the decision needs to be made immediately. Management do not support or listen to employees. They are quick to pass the blame to save themselves. Some actions appear as if they are trying to make themselves look good, rather than asking/supporting staff needs. There is NO communciation.

Most departments are understaffed and are expected to do more with less. Patient safety is no longer important. Work life balance is non-existant. You are expected to stay to help if it's busy, and when it's not go home and
  több... use your PDOs to supplement your hours, or go without pay if you don't have any. There is no sense of belonging or real job satisfaction.

Bottom line: The management team makes this an unpleasant place to work. There is no sense of belonging, and there won't be. People can't feel like they are part of a team when you're overworked one minute and shoved out the door the next to make a "productivity number".
  kevesebb
the hospitals mission
management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 39Nem 1Jelentés
Great Patients, Great TeamWork, Poor Managemnt
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh , NC2012, október 18.
Worked in the Trauma Intensive Care
Hardest part of Job is dealing with death and dying
Most enjoyable is seeing all the amazing recoveries
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 11Nem 5Jelentés
Review
Patient Account Representative/ Clinical Secretary (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2012, augusztus 8.
I work 16 years at WakeMed and my job was eliminated on July 14, 2012. I applied for other positions and so far has not been selected.
great benefits
job security
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 23Nem 6Jelentés
former respiratory therapist
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2012, június 26.
I accepted this job because I was told in the interview that the Dept. had so many positive features to affirm Respiratory Care. This, of course, wasn't true. I turned down two other offers in the area for this one, how I was wrong!! However, given the Dept. as it presented itself to me, I realized that as a professional with many years experience nationwide, that I should get out while I can.

I found the respiratory day staff, vulgar and disgruntled beyond means. The gossip and put down of other therapists were way beyond what is acceptable. The Staff would sit around watching Sports, or Jerry Springer. I thought what has happened to Respiratory Care as it was when I became a RT?? So much for classifying Respiratory Care Practitioners with "the more educated" staff.

The night staff were the same. One is judged immediately, before one can prove oneself, then forget it, you're done. I was judge, had my charting signed by someone with 16 years less experience than I have. I was told by her to "pick up speed"...!!!

Think greatly my cohorts before you accept this employer.
Kontra érvek
gossip, vulgarity, favoritism, a no-win situation
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 63Nem 7Jelentés
Run away fast
Formal employee Radiology (Volt alkalmazott) –  WakeMed and WakeMed Cary2012, május 31.
Big problems. No job security, no job advancement. Management are sharks fighting to keep their jobs. And if you are over 40 years old, management will make your work environment very difficult, and they will push to get you out. If you are a new hire over 40 years old, you get part time or PRN only. And HR is a joke, they are there only for the management, not for the staff. This hospital system has a bad reputation for a very good reason.
can't think of any
Kontra érvek
management and hr only in for themselves
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 47Nem 4Jelentés

Hozzászólás – 2015, január 18.

Since leaving I have spoken to others who stayed behind in Radiology, CT and MRI it has gotten much worse. Cutting pay or no cost of living increases. No time off if you are not a favorite of management. Management and HR are of the opinion everyone is easy to replace, except themselves. The less management does for the staff the more they are rewarded and the higher they climb on the WakeMed ladder. It might be different in other departments, but Radiology CT and MRI in Main Wake and Cary should be avoided. You can find a better place to work outside the WakeMed system !!

Busy place.
MT(former employee) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh2012, május 26.
Very busy. Very loud with the automation. Lab is not a worker friendly set up. Management will tolerate substandard employees if they will work off shifts. Poor information system set up and management. Management seems to pick favorites for advancement. However, good place to learn. Lots of interesting things going on. You can get good clinical experience in multiple areas.
Pro érvek
lots of turnover allows for movement within if you want to stay.
not employee friendly
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 34Nem 2Jelentés
Great Potential - under the RIGHT leadership
respiratory therapist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh2012, május 11.
Always had an increase in workload w/a decrease in staffing. High turnover rate w/i the respiratory dept. Management never had your back (even if you were right). Don't think that if you leave for another job that you will be rehired. The Director of Respiratory holds a grudge against all who leave while under his leadership. He suffers from a "little man" syndrome. Lots of favoritism noted.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the patients. It should always be about patient care. Some of the co-workers were great.
teaching hospital, level 1 trauma center - great learning potential
busy, short staffed
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 36Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed my work experience in the outpatient rehab department at the Cary Hospital
Outpatient rehabilitation volunteer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2012, május 5.
Checked patients for appointments
Copied insurance cards and other patient evaluation materials.
Answered phones for patient account representative during the noon hour and at other times.
Contacted patients for appointment reminders.
Cleaned and put away after patients are completed with therapy sessions.
Hole punched documents needed for therapy sessions.
Assembled charts for new patients.
Gathered data about cleaning agents for medical data safety sheets
Learnt how to fill and check the hierolater and splint machine before patient use.
Typed instructions for usage for equipment, evaluation reports and other information for therapists,
Pro érvek
pleasant, helpful staff in and out of the hospital sysem.
none that come to mind.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 4Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Teaching Hospital learned critical thinking and time management. Multisystem organ failure.
Staff Nurse III (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2012, január 14.
I was offered a great life experience is Medical Intensive Care. I was able to learn from great physicians critical system functions, I was offered teaching opportunities such as the National Renal Core Curriculum for new ICU nurses. I mentored new ICU RN's and I was one of the Charge Nurses within our unit. I feel this experience taught me what I needed to be able to go forward and become the type manager I needed to be with the skills to "think on my feet" if something went amiss and solve issues without doubt. It offered me confidence and for that I am grateful.
Pro érvek
indepth knowledge of physiology and organ failure, time management, priority managment.
Kontra érvek
inablility for forward advancement.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7Nem 20Jelentés