WakeMed Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 275 értékelés megmutatása
great place to work
Food Service Worker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Garner, NC2017, április 3.
WakeMed has been really good to me and my personal situation. I wouldn't trade my experiences with them for anything. I've learned a lot throughout the hospital not just in my department.
Great Place for Advancement
Perinatal Education Specialist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, március 27.
Patient care centered. Employee supported. Work life balance can be difficult. Very supportive leadership. many opportunities for growth in clinical fields.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
Work/Life balance
Staff Nurse III/Charge Nurse, Surgical Services (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, március 27.
Daily surigical workload was adequate. I learned to perform fast-paced same day surgical procedures. We had a supportive team of staff. The management would listen and address issues on most things.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
As close as you can get to being like a Hebrew slave in the Bible.
RN Staff Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, március 23.
I have had a long career in nursing. Wake Med was the absolute worst place I ever worked. I came to Wake with quite a lot of ER experience and looked forward to working in their ER/Trauma service. I was hired with a $10,000 sign on bonus. That bonus should have been a clue. Why did they have to offer so much to attract staff? I found out why. Nurses worked like dogs. There was no support staff. Nurses even had to transport their own patients--which meant leaving sick ones behind with really no one to check on them as every other nurse was way too busy taking care of their own patients to keep an eye on yours while you were away. There was a great culture of punishment there. People were always afraid of being "written up" and it did happen often. There were way too many supervisors in the ED. They all wore scrubs but rarely lifted a finger to do patient care. If the department was understaffed--they gladly jumped in by assuming the charge nurse role (which meant that the seasoned charge nurse got bumped) and the supervisor would then sit back and "direct." Heaven forbid he or she take a patient assignment. Daily assignments seemed to be based on favoritism.The same people worked the same assignments again and again. It was not competency based. Management in the ED was headed by a woman who held the job for years. She could never have even picked me out of a line up and certainly never knew me by name. Work/life boundaries were very poor. While I survived without ever getting "written up," I once annoyed one of the supervisors. I was called at home, on my day off while caring  több... for my own kids to be scolded with another supervisor listening as a witness. I had done management prior to this job. Did they not know it is seen as harassment to call people at home for disciplinary issues? I certainly was not on the clock. Did they not realize that they were witnesses to their own inappropriate supervisory behavior? The acuity was high all the time. It was exhausting. Management also mislead me as a prospective hire. They require people to sign up for on call shifts. It was presented that on call people will be called and told to come to work "if needed." They did not say that the on call people are always needed. In fact--they are actually counted in the daily staffing. It really was not on call and was really mandatory overtime. I found coworkers really stressed. It was one of the worst jobs I ever had. I do have to add that I had, prior to this place, worked successfully in places like Shock-Trauma in Baltimore and had been a manager. I had over 15 years of experience at the time I took this job, My sign on bonus required me to stick around for 1 year. I quit the exact day I was able to do so. I left, shook the dust from my feet and never looked back. I left several years ago. I have no lasting anger at this place and the time distance from when I worked there until now reinforces in my mind that my opinions are objective now and not based on any intense, current resentment that might make this review more based on emotion rather than true experience and reflection.  kevesebb
Pro érvek
The heat and A/C did work
Kontra érvek
Short staffed, too many supervisors in light of that staffing issue, punitive culture
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 48Nem 1Jelentés
Wakemed Way
Certified Nursing Assistant II/Unit Secretary (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, március 7.
I loved working at WakeMed. I will be another 2 weeks and the only reason I am quitting my job is due to moving to Alaska. I highly recommend working here as a CNA if you love the high pace challenege!
Kontra érvek
Paying full price for meals
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 6Jelentés
Enjoyabe place to work
CLINICAL SECRETARY (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, február 28.
Highly favored working in labor and delivery. Most enjoyable part of the job was witnessing new life. Management and staff continuoulsy enhanced the growth of WakeMed's labor and delivery
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great work place with great staff. I love the wake way!!
Mental Health Tech I/Patient Constant observer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, február 22.
I enjoy working at WakeMed. I have come know some great professional & consider everyone as my WakeMed family. Each department works as one and each individual co worker is important. As one we all are WakeMed.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Diverse patient and population with wide range of medical issues. Competitive compensation and benefits. Politics can be ugly.
Clinical Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC 276102017, február 22.
I have enjoyed working at WakeMed. The hospital wide culture is welcoming and friendly but my unit culture has become hostile. Life is too short. It's time for a breath of fresh air.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 33Nem 2Jelentés
Exciting place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cary, NC2017, február 22.
I loved working at WakeMed - the staff are very friendly and the interaction with some of the medical staff was great. I was able to learn more about the medical professional while I was there. I have the upmost respect for those who work in the medical field.
Interaction with staff
Kontra érvek
Lots of paper - back when I worked there.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 5Jelentés
Great way to excel
Clinical Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Cary, NC2017, február 19.
Lots of room for advancement. Very hard work, the facility is number one, very well established and friendly place to work. Lots of hours to be made, learn a lot
Pro érvek
Can work your way up by transferring til you get the right fit for you
Management being unappreciative
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced and interesting place to work
Patient Account Rep (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, február 17.
Enjoyed working at the hospital in the emergency department for 12 years. Every day was exciting as you never knew what the situation was for the arriving patient. Registered patients immediately upon arriving to the Emergency Dept. Environment was very faced paced and details obtained were of the utmost importance.
Enjoyed assisting patients and family members during their time of need and in some cases a crisis situation.
Hardest part of the job was facing and assisting family during fatality situations.
Assisting patients/family members.
Kontra érvek
Considered essential personnel and had to report to work no matter the weather conditions.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 14Nem 3Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
good
Patient Service Assistant, Transporter (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, február 17.
Good job..you meet a lot people all day ..good co workers,great benefits must have discipline..no down time.must make your place
Meetting people
work load
Wonderful Company
Surgical Technologist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, február 15.
WakeMed is an excellent hospital to work for. They strive to take excellent care of the community. WakeMed also believes in taking care of their employees which makes for a great work life.
slowing changing for better
Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, február 2.
. pull food items I needed for hot production area from storeroom freezers, coolers and begin work preparing breakfast meals for patients throughout hospital according to dietary guidelines.i pulled room service tickets and prepared meals as needed for 4th floor. if hostess needed special item I prepared it. I would pull to slice with slicer to Prep for next day. workplace culture was fast paced at times. multi tasking expected and efficient. maintain cleanliness in work area according to safety guidelines. I was trained in SafeServ. management wasn't the best as far as fairness but I did my job with a smile each day.11:00 am as lunch meal started I prepared lunch specials and assisted other cooks in ensuring food was ready for breakfast and lunch each day.i didn't think any part was hard. I enjoyed my hours, job and my coworkers I worked with.
Busy place, Overtime always available
Sterile Processing Technician II (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, január 12.
Good place to work and gain experience. Lowest pay compared to competitors. Pay difference depending on shift worked.

Usually busy days in the OR department, Staff is great but often take short cuts when the opportunity arrises
Overtime availability
Low pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Best management structure in the industry
CDI Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, január 1.
Wake Med CDI has created an integration of Coding and the CDI team that allows for most productive outcomes I have seen. The management of the CDI program there currently is excellent. The remote option is a tremendous benefit that is hard to find in this industry.
Management and remote feature
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 3Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great educational experience for pharmacy residents
PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Resident (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, december 28.
Great educational experience for pharmacy residents. It's a not-for-profit hospital so job availability can be tight. One of the top programs for pharmacy residents.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
awesome place to work
Claims & Billing Supervisor - Government (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, december 18.
I am a part of the WakeMed community and I love this organization. There are plenty of activities to be involved in and they show their appreciation for their employees. Advancement starts from within.
wakemed review
CLINICAL SERVICE TECH (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, december 6.
I am very happy with my job and position with WakeMed. I have been with the company for almost 2 years and it has been a good experience so far and I plan to stay and grow with this company as long as I possibly can
Pro érvek
good co workers and management staff
Kontra érvek
some times it is very busy and it is a little stressful
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
Teamwork
Clinical Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cary, NC2016, október 31.
A great group of people who worked as team, who were dedicated and supportive. The hardest part of my job was taking care of someone who was dying and their families. The most enjoyable part was learning different things from my patients. My management staff was supportive and always willing to help if needed. The most valuable thing I have learned is to value each day because you never know when it will be taken away.
Typical day for me if I was in charge is do all the daily tasks for the charge nurse, checking code carts, responding to rapid responses and code blues in other areas of the hospital, triaging patients, making sure I had the right amount of staff or working towards finding coverage to fill holes. I would also assist other nurses in their assignments if needed, starting IV's, discharging patient, giving medications, etc. I would also meet the ambulance patients and get them registered and on the board. Another big part of being in charge was communicating with other departments, the floors, and doctors to advocate for the patients well being.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 13Nem 7Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: WakeMed? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van