WakeMed-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Registered Nurse

14 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 181 értékelés megtekintése
Mixed feelings
RN (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  North Carolina2017, október 1.
Love what I do and patient care is my passion. Management does not follow through and I feel like I am not being heard. Not a fair team environment. Benefits are very expensive.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 9Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Each unit is different, opinion is of one unit
Staff Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, szeptember 18.
Wake Med in general is not a bad place to work. Over the past 5 years however, the management culture has changed to a numbers driven, look good on paper competition between departments. Management does not seem to care what REALLY happens, or how patients are REALLY cared for, or how staff REALLY feels. The focus is on how things LOOK IN DOCUMENTATION. Additionally, attitutes towards staff nurses (meaning those who actually DO the work) have become ridiculously punative for minor infractions (forgetting to chart one item or charting it outside of a unit mandated time, clocking in 5 minutes tardy or out 5 minutes late or venting frustations to a manager behind closed doors could earn a written disciplinary action or a blocked request for transfer to another shift or department or vengeful denials of requested PTO. At the same time, staff who arrive early, volunteer to decorate the bulletin board or audit charts, document assessments perfectly without doing them and neglect their patients because they play candy crush or watch movies on their phone somehow slip under the cracks) This has resulted in staff not feeling safe to report genuine concerns, falsely documenting the time care ACTUALLY took place, and just going through the motions necessary to keep their job. Also, some units are routinely understaffed and the staffing pool is poorly equipped and managed. Units often have to pull nurse techs to sit with mental health patients because the hospital is not prepared to handle the increasing volume of the underserved psychiatric population. Management also fails to plan  több... for the inevitably fluctuating staffing shortages that occur in the healthcare field...maternity leaves, illness, staff burnout and turnover. People who work so hard caring for sick people require more time off. Period. The long term cost of this culture will be immeasurable and patient care already has and will continue to suffer.  kevesebb
Pro érvek
Competative pay, Awesome co-workers, tuition reimbursement
Understaffed, punative culture, management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 29Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
As close as you can get to being like a Hebrew slave in the Bible.
RN Staff Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2017, március 23.
I have had a long career in nursing. Wake Med was the absolute worst place I ever worked. I came to Wake with quite a lot of ER experience and looked forward to working in their ER/Trauma service. I was hired with a $10,000 sign on bonus. That bonus should have been a clue. Why did they have to offer so much to attract staff? I found out why. Nurses worked like dogs. There was no support staff. Nurses even had to transport their own patients--which meant leaving sick ones behind with really no one to check on them as every other nurse was way too busy taking care of their own patients to keep an eye on yours while you were away. There was a great culture of punishment there. People were always afraid of being "written up" and it did happen often. There were way too many supervisors in the ED. They all wore scrubs but rarely lifted a finger to do patient care. If the department was understaffed--they gladly jumped in by assuming the charge nurse role (which meant that the seasoned charge nurse got bumped) and the supervisor would then sit back and "direct." Heaven forbid he or she take a patient assignment. Daily assignments seemed to be based on favoritism.The same people worked the same assignments again and again. It was not competency based. Management in the ED was headed by a woman who held the job for years. She could never have even picked me out of a line up and certainly never knew me by name. Work/life boundaries were very poor. While I survived without ever getting "written up," I once annoyed one of the supervisors. I was called at home, on my day off while caring  több... for my own kids to be scolded with another supervisor listening as a witness. I had done management prior to this job. Did they not know it is seen as harassment to call people at home for disciplinary issues? I certainly was not on the clock. Did they not realize that they were witnesses to their own inappropriate supervisory behavior? The acuity was high all the time. It was exhausting. Management also mislead me as a prospective hire. They require people to sign up for on call shifts. It was presented that on call people will be called and told to come to work "if needed." They did not say that the on call people are always needed. In fact--they are actually counted in the daily staffing. It really was not on call and was really mandatory overtime. I found coworkers really stressed. It was one of the worst jobs I ever had. I do have to add that I had, prior to this place, worked successfully in places like Shock-Trauma in Baltimore and had been a manager. I had over 15 years of experience at the time I took this job, My sign on bonus required me to stick around for 1 year. I quit the exact day I was able to do so. I left, shook the dust from my feet and never looked back. I left several years ago. I have no lasting anger at this place and the time distance from when I worked there until now reinforces in my mind that my opinions are objective now and not based on any intense, current resentment that might make this review more based on emotion rather than true experience and reflection.  kevesebb
Pro érvek
The heat and A/C did work
Kontra érvek
Short staffed, too many supervisors in light of that staffing issue, punitive culture
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 46Nem 1Jelentés
register nurse
Registered Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, április 18.
Had nurse overmedicating patient Manager inform; brush under rug. Nurse taken deverge medication and using for personal use. Upper management aware and inform nothing done. Have to always watch who you are working with because one person is giving the medication and your patient might dont receive there medication
no weekend work
poor management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 17Nem 3Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Outstanding facility, management/staff are patient/staff focused, with a good balance of work and personal time.
Registered Nurse, Staff Nurse IV Evening (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2016, január 16.
Best part of Rehabilitation nursing is the focus of providing the pateint and family with education in how to care for the patient post discharge. It's rewarding when patients return to visit and the staff can see the progress they have made post discharge.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8Nem 11Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great group of people from many areas of the US.
Cardiovascular Intermediate Care Unit Staff Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2015, augusztus 9.
You learn something new everyday. There are many new aspects to different jobs that have the same basic requirements. Great groups of people are employed there and and it is great be involved in a team with them.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10Nem 4Jelentés
again
Staff Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2015, április 26.
i was a floor nurse here in a very fast paced environment (what hospital is not). There was great teamwork between employees and the company is also very active in the community and encourages its employees to participate.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 16Nem 5Jelentés
Punitive culture, anxiety producing
RN (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Cary2014, szeptember 13.
Staff including midlevel management is so afraid of punishment for not dotting "i"'s that actual patient care suffers.
What looks good on paper is not always reality.
Poor teamwork, everyone is so scared that they'll through anyone under the bus to survive.
Free parking
Kontra érvek
Too much unpaid time is required to make such a low wage reasonable
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 68Nem 9Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Cut out raises and Profit sharing called Wake Share.
Registered Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh campus2013, október 19.
Nobody in management cares how short handed they make us work. They took away our merit raises and profit sharing this year. Doesn't matter how good a job you do. Never get any pats on the back. Only negative feedback from management.
Pro érvek
Good benefits. looking at taking more of them away
management sucks
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 69Nem 7Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall great place to work. Competitive salary but the benefits package is quite expensive.
ED Staff Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2013, október 19.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 25Nem 6Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Used to be great place to work....now, it's corupt, cut-throat, and awful
Staff nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2013, október 13.
Thing were great when previous CEO ran things, has gone to hell in a hand basket since new one took over in 2003. Thankfully, they finally fired him, but too little too late. Standards of care were so high, now they're barely the minimum Told so many times by management to "do the best you can" when short-staffed and now immediately told "low census, go home now". Nurses treated like hourly wage slaves instead of educated professionals. Instead of actually understanding and observing the excellent patient care rendered, administration relied solely on worthless, impossible to please, ridiculous patient satisfaction surveys. Same surveys sent to patients who could barely sign their names & speak English,....much less decipher a multiple question survey. Everybody's ready to throw anyone under the bus to keep their jobs even though you're not appreciated.
Pro érvek
Used to be job security, but can't think of anything else right now
Kontra érvek
No more clinical ladder, corupt, incompetent, and greedy administration
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 79Nem 10Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced and challenging,lots of great staff
Registered Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raleigh, NC2013, március 25.
My job was fast paced and challenging. Our patient population was very diverse and many with very high risk pregnancies. I enjoyed the new moms and infants, as well as teaching families about infant care. I learned how to multi-task and supervise in a kind, respectful and effective way.
exceptional coworkers!
Kontra érvek
we were often short staffed. there were lots of changes in management.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 13Nem 5Jelentés
Great Patients, Great TeamWork, Poor Managemnt
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Raleigh , NC2012, október 18.
Worked in the Trauma Intensive Care
Hardest part of Job is dealing with death and dying
Most enjoyable is seeing all the amazing recoveries
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 12Nem 5Jelentés

Tekintsen meg WakeMed további értékelést

Esetleg próbálja meg ezt:

Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: WakeMed? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van