USIC

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 1 651 értékelés megmutatása

Eh. Stressful.

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Wasn't for me. Good job for those few that can deal with stressful expectations. Contractors are difficult to deal with. City officials difficult to deal with. Everything about this job is stressful.

Paid gas

Kontra érvek

Company truck, gas card, all the responsibility and accountability for such average pay.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Enjoy the actual job not the company

I work in the PA district. I will admit management make or breaks this job. In PA upper management is terrible its just lie after lie. Your only worth to them the amount of money you make them. It's alot of stress and fast paced. Short handle more then fully staffed. weekend work. Lots of overtime and an on call rotation about 7 days a month.

Company truck

Kontra érvek

Uppermanagement lies to you, stress, hardly home, worse health benefits I have ever seen.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Independent work, On call is rough, Good New England team.

Worked here for 3 years now, Found that there is more freedom than expected being that you work alone. Travel is rough if your team is low on staff, so far I've put 48k on the truck in less than a year. Good job if you like being alone most of the time and you like podcasts. Strict no weapons policy which can be conflicting with the areas you're sent to such as high crime cities or deep woods. Overall the district i've worked with has been very helpful and easy to work with But with the staffing issues there can be a overwhelming amount of tickets to do and a lot of pushing for high production. You are tracked in many ways such as how hard you gas or brake work truck, speed,turns,tickets per hour ect.

Pro érvek

Benefits, Pto, Travel, Lateral progression, Communication.

Kontra érvek

Corporation, Strict control, Inconsistent training from person to person, Blanket policies.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great team atmosphere and very flexible management.

I have worked here for 4.5 years and have worked my way from entry to supervisory level. I can make a career here. We are a promote from within type of company and enjoy helping people become successful. The job can be stressful and will be miserable at times, but the positive greatly outweighs the negative working here.

Ok pay

Cold days hot summers cool people work alone many hours as you want own work truck cell phone laptop easy money stay out the way and you will be ok safety

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Wouldn't recommend

After training gave me a territory to run by myself 3 hours away from where I live. Not understanding of personal life. Over worked and under paid. Constantly having to check phone incase they call you off the clock.

Got to travel

Enjoyed traveling but no days off will kill you. Never got a raise in 7 years. Not a place I would recommend. Don't give raises only offer overtime. They treat women badly!

Mentally and physically draining

At usic you can expect to work overtime through the week and on weekends. Management is not very helpful they only tell you what they think you want to hear.problem never gets taken care of. Horrible place to work
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

I've worked at USIC for 20+ years. Good pay, keeps you busy and enjoyable if you like to work outdoors. There's always a chance to advance as well. Great career or stepping stone.

Pays the bills

This job pays the bills based off all the overtime you can work. Can move into a supervisors role but will make more locating. Best perk is taking the truck home. Tough to make this job a career with the required amount of hours you work
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

It has good days and bad days

If you like to be out side then you will be in heaven! During the summer it gets hot but the trucks have A/C! Some days it is crazy busy and the day flies by and some days are more relaxed. They train you for a week in a classroom learning the basics then you are in the field for 2 weeks with a trainer. After you get certified then you are assigned to a group and you start working by yourself but you always have some one to ask questions or concerns to. The pay is not bad for no experience and you do get raises. There is plenty of overtime if you want it. Overall a good place to work plus the benefits are pretty good too. Also you get a company truck, laptop and cell phone.

Decent pay and benefits

Kontra érvek

It gets a little crazy at times
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

I suggest you look elsewhere

Incredibly underpaid for the amount of work they expect. Training is basically a meat factory that pumps out as many techs as it can knowing the turnover will be immense. If you show the slightest aptitude they will have you doing tech work way ahead of their ordinary timetable, and you wont be compensated for the extra work. They don't acknowledge hard work or provide incentives to over-achieve. No PTO for your first year.It's essentially exploitation at its finest.

Horrible management and staff

I have located for years but have never located for a worse company than usic.a place where if your good at your job they will use and abuse you. A place they will throw you under the bus in 2 seconds without even thinking. Where management cares less about you or how your doing. The highest turn over rate I have ever seen in a company and a bad name with everyone. Recommend never work for this company.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good place to work for outdoorsmen

If you enjoy a relatively laid back job with some driving as well as walking outside in and around your county in just about any condition, then this job is for you. Now this is an honest review, you are along most of the time and self-starting so your job experience and mindset is completely up to you. Which can be good or bad depending on your view of the work. I feel it’s a good fit.

Too much mandatory overtime

Decent job with good benefits and alright pay, they will work you for 1 8 hour day every other weekend and sometimes a mandatory weekend which if it's on your off day you end up working 3 weekends a month.

Can be overwhelming

Good place to work very long hours very physical walk miles in any weather on a daily 6 day weeks plus on call not a job for the family person but pay is good plus tons of overtime

Too many hours

Usic needs more employees. If u like working over 60 hours and you're single this is the perfect job. You get told very little during the job interview what this job consists of and end up doing way more. This job will try to work you seven days a week and you won't have the energy to enjoy your personal life. Pay is $17 and you're lucky if u get above 3% pay raise after the first year. If u have a family I'd say find a different job. Really look into this job before applying.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Way to many hours and short handed

I did 1 months training still didn't understand then put me on high profile jobs to train from someone but was to fast. To learn residential they use to get you to do the high profile jobs but if they hit something it's on you. They need to have groups of people on high profile jobs not just to be on your own it's to over whelming. Also if you have to help one of your crew out they will keep you as long as possible then you can't meet your 15 minimum tickets a day and the pay isn't worth 60 or 70 hours. My 3 rules God, family, and work. I can thank you for starting my own business why put that many hours in someone else's pocket when you can put it in your self and family I love what I do now thank you for that.

Busy

Pros: New trucks, decent equipment, company phone and laptop, working independently. Cons: overworked, no time for family. Extremely difficult for a single mom. On call shifts are not ideal when you’re required to work the day of and the day after. Pay is decent but almost not enough for the amount of work and requirements of locators.

Easy work

It’s not bad work. The hours can be long after training 10-12 hours but the nature of the work is manageable. They’re always behind so don’t let them make you feel rushed.

Unsupportive and Disrespectful

USIC is a terrible work environment. Communication is extremely poor. Everything is done last minute. Upper management is only concerned with money, at the expense of their labor force. You feel like you need to be a mindless robot to do this job. They say they value "work-life balance" but they try to guilt trip you when you need personal time.Overall, this company should get zero stars. If you want a career in utility locating, pick a different company.The only pros are you do get a work truck (gas is paid for), and you do meet good people at the field tech level. Some of the supervisors go out of their way to help, but there is only a few of them.

Work Truck

Communication, Lack of support
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: USIC? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés