United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények
Munkavállalói értékelés – United States Postal Service

Going postal is a true statement

2,0
Munka és magánélet aránya
Bérezés/juttatások
Munkahelyi biztonság/Előrelépés
Vezetőség
Munkahelyi kultúra
2019, július 19.
I worked as a substitute rural route mail carrier for 7 years. I was promised I would have my own mail route in 3-4 years even if I had to transfer to another post office but it never did happen . They promise you an hourly salary but that is not how a rural route payment is paid out. Each rural route has fee or your daily payment that is paid to the substitute carrier for example Route 1 may pay $125.00 per day this is regardless if you get done in 4 hours or 12 hours. You only get $125.00. At Christmas time it is an absolute NIGHTMARE you can work 12-14 hours days having to go back to office to get more packages and still you are only paid the daily fee for the particular mail route you are doing. The management still expects you back at the post office by 4:30 pm due to the mail you are collecting needs to be sent to main hub for processing. How do they expect you to get back by 4:30 pm???? There are sooooo many packages you have no room in mail truck for mail. You must run up and down driveways to deliver the packages as driving down is not allowed. In a rural area this can be challenging. It gets dark earlier at Christmas time which is challenging as well. The truck needs gas put in and chains on tires in snow, snow needs to be removed from truck and dug out of snow as well and if truck is in mechanic shop the substitutes are the ones that need to go to do these issues which is eating into your time of preparing yourself to get out on your mail route delivering. Remember this a union so the regular does no more than they have to and love to criticize the substitute - több...
Értékelések kategória szerint
Pro érvek
always work to be had
Kontra érvek
read my above post
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?