Munkavállalói értékelés – United States Postal Service

Összes értékelés megtekintése – United States Postal Service

Munkahelyi kultúra
Most toxic organization I've ever worked for
PSE Mail Processing Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oakland, CA2019, március 24.
Worst work environment I've ever experienced, all because I was heavily misled. I'll just paste the rant I gave them in the email they sent me after I quit, inquiring as to why I wouldn't go back to USPS:

"I don't know where to begin.... the United States Postal Service is the most unprofessional, disrespectful, unintelligent, arrogant cesspool of systematic ignorance I've ever witnessed in my entire life. Privatization is honestly the only real solution to all that plagues it on every level. I should've followed my first mind and turned down the job when I caught the first red flag in the form of the trashy lady in administrative laughing at me with a derisive tone as we ended our phone conversation due to a simple miscommunication on my behalf (seriously, why USPS insists on putting disrespectful, non-people-persons in people- person positions just escapes both business logic and plain, old common sense). I stated during my hiring process that my goal was to become a Window Clerk, as the customer service skills required align with my career path as an eventual real estate broker, with USPS being a stepping stone for me while I study. I was told that taking the position as a PSE was the precursor to that, granted I make it through the 90-day probation period. The way this was explained ultimately proved to be misleading, as I was under the impression I could relatively waltz through a transfer after a mere 3 months; the reality of the situation wasn't specified, which was either I wait and hope a Window Clerk spot opens up and that a supervisor offers it to me before someone
  több... else who would take it(assuming that it's not too far), or wait to be converted to career and bid for it (an entirely different beast that, surprise-surprise, wasn't explained to me). But despite these hiccups, I decided to ride out the PSE position thinking either I'd still finish school in my planned time or get converted and be able to at least bid for my preferred position, but guess what? Didn't happen. Didn't even come close to happening. "Just one year!" That was what my orientation class was told (and by someone with a bigwig position, to boot). That was in 2016, I'm assuming at this point they mixed up 'one year' with 'one light-year'. Stop being cowards and lying to your employees. I'm used to working for organizations that have some modicum of integrity and I made the mistake of assuming USPS walked that same path of integrity due to the supposed prestigious 'government job' aura it holds, but it's clear USPS is the McJob of 'government jobs' with the integrity of a greedy dog biting its owner even after being fed. Get rid of these ridiculous job titles that only exist to feed the ego of ignorant, unqualified lame-brains (what is a 204-B anyway? An assistant supervisor? Why the confusing title? ). Train your supervisors with an emphasis on interpersonal skills. Be upfront about the most common hangups of the job so folks can make FULLY informed decisions that affect their life and family. Stop using conversion as a carrot in front of the donkey and admit it only happens when regulars retire (which most seem intent on never doing) or die. Give an actual d---n about your company culture, beyond those embarrassing, borderline-offensive "safety" videos. Show concern for the spokes in the wheel and eliminate the many structures that only serve to keep USPS in the cycle of dysfunction it's mired in."

There was much more I wanted to add, but unfortunately they put you on a time limit. There is rampant favoritism and cronyism based on ethnicity. I and many others had our signatures forged by a coworker and we approached the MDO about it and he explicitly told us he wanted nothing to do with it. Not to mention this particular coworker was infamous within the facility for being an absolute terror (a PSE, not even a regular), yet nothing was ever done about all the drama she caused. Oh yeah, this coworker and the MDO are both Indian, but I'm sure that's just a confidence. Speaking of this MDO, he is a shameless liar and a jerk. I suffered a very bad toe injury performing a standard DBCS setup courtesy of a defective pie cart that was in desperate need of replacing (and which was still on the work floor at the time I resigned). He gave me a hard time while I was on light duty with a fractured toe, bothering me about my sitting position in the sorting area with no regard for my comfort (on one occasion he tried to get me to work standing up....on a fractured toe). Then suddenly when the building got on this super-duper safety kick, he has the audacity to claim he cares about my safety more than I do. What an assault on my intelligence. All in all, USPS consumed my time and adversely affected my personal goals, putting me in the very kind of job situation I tried to avoid by being upfront during my hiring that I only wanted a temporary gig that would provide decent work-life balance. I wasn't desperate for a check, nor was I even unemployed, I just wanted a transitional job before moving into my real estate career. For some people I can understand why USPS would feel like a blessing to them. However, if you value work-life balance, if you have a family, if you operate your own business on the side, if you have long-term goals that don't involve USPS, then I highly suggest you stay far away for the sake of your peace of mind.
  kevesebb
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés

További munkavállalói értékelések – United States Postal Service

It used to be fun!
Letter Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, PA2020, február 26.
The Postal Service is not customer friendly anymore. It is run by managers that don't have a clue on how to manage. They do it all with a set of numbers that have been proven to be wrong.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job is different for everyone
Mail Carrier/Clerk (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2020, február 26.
The job is different for everyone it all depends on how bad you want things. I love working and this is a great job for hard working people like me. You go to work and do your job you should have no problems.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van