Munkavállalói értékelés – United States Postal Service

Összes értékelés megtekintése – United States Postal Service

No Life, No say, No Union working for RCAs, we are their bargaining chips
Rural Carrier Associate (RCA) (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York State2020, január 20.
My personal issues, not the same for others......In NYS, not nyc.... Working for the USPS seemed elusive years back, but one day I happened across their really outdated website/application process and saw CAREER OPPORTUNITIES and applied. It took 2 months I accepted the position in hopes I would get my foot in the door. Heads up: THE ONLY WAY, THE ONLY WAY TO GET A FULL-TIME CAREER POSITION AS A RURAL CARRIER IS IF SOMEONE RETIRES (which can take years and years), GOES OUT ON DISABILITY OR THEY HAPPEN TO CREATE A NEW ROUTE AND YOU ARE IN LINE FOR IT!!! You are hired as a substitute (fill-in) to cover days off, call outs, vacations.....you have to be available every day and cannot have another job. Usually in small offices you are assigned to only 1 carrier whose route you will cover.....that is where you may truly only get 1 day a week...absurd.....until Christmas. But in a fairly large office, with many routes, you do not get assigned to 1 carrier, you are scheduled as needed, where needed.....I fortunately have never worked less then 4 days a week, thank God, usually 5, and lately 6. Heads up: Christmas can be up to 72 hours a WEEK for about 3 weeks (530am start time). Parcel delivery on Sundays and holidays were not into play when I first started but the last few years my office became an Amazon hub, we deliver on Sundays and holidays. This year they decided on Thanksgiving we had to run parcels. Usually Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years Day were “safe” definite HOLIDAYS for carriers. Note: There is no differtial pay for Sunday’s and Holidays, and they manipulate your  több... schedule/hours so as to not exceed 40 hours....and yet you can be MANDATED! For e.g. You will do a full route and then have to split parts of another route if there are not enough RCAS, or go back out to help a struggling carrier who will not finish in time. You can be told to go run parcels (all over the place) (whether you know the route or not) parcels a regular carrier could not fit in their truck or parcels that may have arrived late, this is after you are done upon returning to the office to go home.....talk about anxiety, never knowing when you are working, where you are working, and just when you think you are done and ready to go home BAM!...You GET ABSOLUTELY NO BENEFITS, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, NOTHING.....this is especially bittersweet if you are blessed to get nearly full-time hours which many many do not...here you bust your buttand do not earn paid leave even,.....when and how are we supposed to recover? And the day after a holiday, oh my goodness, DOUBLE THE WORK....TRIPLE IF SHORT STAFFED.....the mail trucks are ancient, break downs occur daily...that also is a reason you may be sent back out to help a distressed carrier......there is no good heat, your feet are like ice blocks unless you invest in good gear, same in the summer...like an oven.......you will get carpal tunnel, bum knees, bad back and shoulders,.....every day you have to sort about 100-200 parcels in every size, shape, weight....lately they have been the biggest parcels ever, furniture, groceries, tires, rotors, exhaust pipes, things the size of a door, ....insane..6ft tall stacks of catalogs and magazines....you have to sort and try to put 2 + inches of “mail” into 1” slots................back to heavy parcels, right, so I asked one guy why is this so heavy like a cement block, ....it is LEAD he said, I’m thinking “what the.....”.............and yes, you load your own truck, you handle everything 3 times, sorting, loading, delivering..........PROS: ...the pay is ok but they lowered it by $5 an hour years back......with 40 hrs a week and Christmas overtime you can make 41k.......and if you are 40 yrs on the job a regular carrier makes 70k.....if you love the outdoors in any weather this is the job for you......if you love fast paced this is the job for you.......if you don’t care about having much of a life this is the job for you.......some other areas and offices might be just fine but in this area we are slammed, good for money, not good for no set time off, schedule changes multiple times A DAY, .....one minute you are off, next minute you are not, one minute you are on this route, the next minute you are on another route.....whether you like it or not , whether you want to work 6 days a week or not,......it is unbelievable to me that the USPS cannot work better with their support staff, ....they put absolutely no thought into scheduling, ...and the USPS should be held accountable to how they treat RURAL CARRIER ASSOCIATES.....THE NRLCA UNION DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO THE PLIGHT OF THE RCA. Better pay and earned time off, and to be able to eventually buy back years of dedicated service toward retirement, Sunday and holiday pay ......it would compensate being “on-call”, being mandated, and for the toll it takes on your body. Good Luck  kevesebb
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 12NemJelentés

További munkavállalói értékelések – United States Postal Service

Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard, but rewarding work.
City Letter Carrier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Johnstown, OH2020, február 15.
Walking a mail route is very hard work. When the weather is good, the job can be very enjoyable. On nasty weather days, you still have to go out and walk all day, no matter how bad it is. It can be miserable some days. The relationships with the customers can be so friendly and make the job much better.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Easy going environment.
Postman (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brentwood, TN2020, február 15.
A typical day at work mostly consists of collecting and organizing mail and delivering it to the correct owners. This job is most repetitive and contains plenty of movement and not much sedentary activity other than driving.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van