United States Postal Service
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

United States Postal Service-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Tractor Operator

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
53 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 26 693 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its just a job . Clock in and out . Managers and Supervisors are good people who most likely have been there for ages .not so much the drivers except for very few are good people and say good morning to me the rest will just eyeball you and not say a word. due to overtime cuts in the last 3 months it has become a very stressful situation for me . I wanted this to be my retirement but that looks like it wont happen. It simply does not pay enough . 5 day work week with NO OT OR VT is 650-750 take home. When i finally made regular after 5 months i was put on a pm to am schedule WHICH I HATE WITH A PASSION . Then i got a pay cut because they gave me 10 vacations paid . I got 6-7 days a week and that equals to no life at all . But at the same time checks went up to 900-1200 week . but then again of course they did if im working 7 days a week .Overall its a fair experience so far but unfortunately i don't want to work 7 days a week to make a living . I will be making some hard decisions in the upcoming days .
Pro érvek
Easiest tractor trailer job ive ever had .
Kontra érvek
Bi-weekly take home is not keeping up with the cost of living .
Munkahelyi kultúra
The USPS is a great place to work. It's the best truck driving job that you can have. I always heard other TTO say how great the job was when I first started, so I wanted to find out for myself. They were spot on!! I love being a TTO at the usps. Great coworkers and boses.
Pro érvek
Great pay and benefits. Awesome retirement and paid time off
Absolutely none!!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Manager is a straight (You can fill it in) will get Written up for anything and everything not just talking about me everyone That works under him Will force you in on your day off won’t allow you to take sick days even if you have FMLA Pittsburgh office is the worse anything you think of it’s there
Munkahelyi kultúra
No sense of urgency. I need other people do there jobs so that I can do mine. And a lot of the time that doesn’t happen. There’s major favoritism. No professionalism.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
working here (San Antonio) was a nightmare... a true good ol' boy network... the senior guys could do what the want when they wanted... the supervisors didn't care about you as a person just that the number were met... which left the real work to the new guys and those who didn't care... good benefits but not worth the headache
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is NOT safe to work for the postal service! You WILL get injured and they WILL ignore department of labor laws which will stress you out and force you to die on duty or quit.
Kontra érvek
You will be talked to and treated like a dumb animal.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job helps pay the bills but the culture in the post office is venomous. If it’s good it’s great if it’s bad, it’s crash & burn with the post office providing the fuel to keep you burning
Good pay
Culture/ management
Munkahelyi kultúra
My supervisors are fair and understanding. There is always alot of work and steady. Most people are friendly and there is always a positive working environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management only cared for themselves, and did not look after the well being of employee's, postal policies and regulations. If you were a Veteran, they did not care when wanting to remove you for a "Just Cause", and failed to remove you by the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) contract.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its a good job to get if you have alot of worktime left in your career or if youre at the end of your career and simply need benefits. If you are still trying to build personal wealth, it wont happen with this job for at least 10 years. long hours, low pay, but if you have the 20-30 years, it can benefit you in the long run. They have poor equipment and management could be better, but income can be a challenge if youre used to making at least 1k a week. As long as you are a PSE driver, it will be difficult, but if you can make it to full time regular, it could be worth it to you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you are bitter, don't like to speak to people but stare them down or simply incompetent this is for you. People brag about seniority but their knowledge doesn't make their skills. If you want to be micromanaged or forced to do the job of 3 people. Stay away.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good job must be able to work flexable hrs,driving newer equipment,worked with some nice people,overtime avaliable and be on callodd hours of the dayand night
Munkahelyi kultúra
Iits is very job that has very good benefit an room for advancement. It has several jobs you apply for and they do on the job training fpr any position that you are interested in.
Munkahelyi kultúra
All USPS plants and stations are ran differently by managers and supervisors depending on who is running it that is what your experience will be. Most bosses will ask more work from you than what they put in coming up to become mangement. The USPS is Not a Great Government job branch to work for anymore.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work day was standard hours. Twice seasonal & twice as a career employee. Last encounter , departed due to very poor management leadership. Poor structure.Non organized
Munkahelyi kultúra
During my postal career I must say that I learned a lot, and I was given the chance to work plenty of overtime. I did not like the managment, and I was never given the opportunity to advance. The environment was childish, and the pay was not great. I had to work 6 days a week to make ends meat, and the insurance is way to high.
Easy work
no advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
I entered directly as a career appointment with full benefits. There was a lot of specifics to the work, but overall it was not difficult. If you can play the game and follow some stupid rules without getting bent out of shape it's a nice position to have.
Great overall benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
You work at least six days a week 10 hours a day. Not bad right you get overtime. But you move serious weight. Load and unload and fast. Sweat your butt off then take the blame for every supervisor mishap. Thank God for a union cause without them you will never get paid right or time off right. It's North Korea with Trump constantly stepping in. The pay is just barely enough for cost of living your wife better have a job. It's good if your ex military but you will not be used to the work load.
Lots of hours and union
Kontra érvek
Skilled labor is not welcomed
Munkahelyi kultúra
This could be an awesome place to work if they had some consistency and better management. Great benefits and great people to work with. I am only part time and have zero family life and never know when you will start or get off. They can change your hours daily.
Great pay, great benefits
Kontra érvek
No consistency, no family time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pay was OK, not great. Benefits are good. Management is clueless. These are usually people who have worked their way up the ranks, with no real backgrounds in management or even the department in which they manage. They lie, steal, and cheat at every chance they're given, so watch out. Other than that (which is a pretty big deal) the atmosphere is pretty laid back amongst the drivers. If the managers and supervisors like you, you're golden. Which, I guess, is the same anywhere else. Do your job, keep written logs, record EVERYTHING, don't sign anything without a shop steward present, don't trust anyone. If you're trying to move up, tell only those that absolutely NEED to know.
Pro érvek
Laid back atmosphere, tons of opportunity to "sleep on the job" while things are slow, drivers usually look out for each other
Kontra érvek
Hidden racism everywhere, rampant nepotism/favoritism, micromanagement bull
Munkahelyi kultúra
bad management . poor work relations . low pay for such hard hours . I really dont have too much to say and once again i feel this is unfair to have to fill this out to move on.